PDA

View Full Version : Live from Downtown Disney 6/11/2008

CarolinaWDWFan
06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
I found out 5 weeks ago that I am being transferred to Orlando. WooHoo!

So for the past 5 weeks, I spend Sunday thru Thursday/Friday here, staying somewhere on WDW property. I feel really blessed to have this opportunity.

Anyway, seeing as I am here all the time, I have taken it upon myself to post every Wednesday from DtD starting tonight. I am going to make a few observations on whats happening here. If you want to reply or PM me with an inquiry, request or you want just to get your WDW fix, type away. I will be here again next
Wednesday, but will be taking the last week in June to do some packing back home and will not be here that week, but will resume on July 2nd.

Here are tonight's thoughts and observations:
1. Sitting on a bench outside of World of Disney...it looks like it may rain. I hope not because we had a terrible storm last night at this time.
2. There is a moderate amount of people walking around. All parking lots were open at 6:30pm when I drove in, which tells me that this is either an EMH night or we have hit the dead part of the week. Wednesday nights have been better than this, but the weather last night plus an EMH at MK(if one is happening) may have pushed more people to the park.
3. The crowd at the Dance Party for kids is probably the most coordinated group in the past three weeks. Some people can really dance...I do not fall in that category, but I try hard.
4. Parents...this is a must read if you are taking your daughter to the Bippty Boppty Boutique(SP?)...when exiting, do not go through the area for boys to leave thru that outer door. Why? Stitch sprays water and he is hanging over the sign above the door. I just watched a little girl, fresh from here make-over, get sprayed...direct hit to the hair! I suggested they go back in and explain what happened. Bless her heart...she was boo hooing. UPDATE: They have emerged and Disney pixie dust prevails! She is back in "Princess" mode. Her Mom says they did it without charging her for it.
4. The love bugs...yes, I mean the flying insects, have not been as bad this year. I have seen WDW pest management spraying during off-hours. Kudos to them because those things are annoying.
5. Ok, back to Stitch spraying water...don't roll your stroller under it unless the child is cool with what is about to happen. I have witnessed a situation where one was NOT cool with it...or expecting it (boy, age 7). His father thought it was funny. Daddy needs to get a life and hope his son does not grow up to be bigger than him!

Keeping it short tonight because I am doing this from my blackberry and my thumbs are getting tired. Reply or pm with any questions! I hope this helps you check into a little WDW and out of the daily grind for a couple of minutes.

Bye, from WDW!

McGoofy
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Lucky you!:mickey: I'll have to keep you updated on the great state of South Carolina!:thumbsup: I am sitting here writing my trip reports from when we were at WDW last week. I wish we were still there. That's cool that the little girl was able to have the damage repaired. My rule of thumb for Disney is look at the pavement and avoid ground that is wet around the camel at Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride and Stitch at DTD. However, this doesn't work as well if it has been raining!

Thanks for the live reports and filling us in the magical place! I'll look for ya if we're ever there on a Wednesday!

DDuck66
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Man...what a job!!!! I was thrilled when I git transferred to an hour and a half away (Tampa Bay). could not imagine what it would be like to be there every day. We go down almost once a month since we moved here and I love it even more. Keep the updates coming!!