PDA

View Full Version : What draws you to Le Cellier????

crazeedizneefinatic
06-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I was wondering what actually draws you to eat at Le Cellier. It seems it one of the most hardest ADR's to get. What is your reason for scrambling to get in.

SBETigg
06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
I wanted to try it because of all the raves, and I liked it but I wasn't blown away. It's one I could take or leave, not a must-do for us. I am glad I tried it to know what it's like.

ledudes
06-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I really like the food. Their signature tenderloin is to die for.

PetefromRI
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I really liked the Breadsticks,especially the pretzel one.We thought that the atmosphere and food were very good,and the service was excellent.

MsMin
06-11-2008, 07:30 PM
I wanted to try it because of all the raves, and I liked it but I wasn't blown away. It's one I could take or leave, not a must-do for us. I am glad I tried it to know what it's like.
Ditto
Our service was poor too. Took over 2 hours to eat there and that didn't include the 20 min wait for a table w/ the ADR.

Seasonscraps
06-11-2008, 07:34 PM

This was my experience as well. I was disappointed that my steak arrived undercooked which I had to send back to be cooked properly. That's a huge turnoff for me. A steak place should be able to cook a steak to order. I am not even that picky about it, I don't like it when the meat is red - I am fine with anything from medium pink to well done.

MickeyandTink
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM

:ditto:

I wouldn't mind going again, but we're skipping it this year. Maybe next time.

RedSoxFan
06-11-2008, 07:41 PM
We will be eating at LeCellier for the first time in October. I've read so many great reviews here that I can't wait to go.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, we've never had a problem with service so have to say its good. The mushroom risotto filet is the best I've had anywhere.

Gator
06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
The atmosphere is OK. It's a combination of the great breadsticks, the yummy cheese soup, the excellent steaks, and the fantastic maple brullee'.

Ropachs
06-11-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll be trying it for the first time this October...because of this website! I would have never picked it until I read all the raves...

dolphinmickey9170
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
We have been to LeCellier for every visit to WDW. It is a must-do for us!! We love the great service we have always had. Always very interactive, informative and helpful. They seem to always go out of their way to make our experience a worth while one! The food has always been phenominal. The filet is so tender, flavorful and juicy; and the cream cheese mashed potatoes are the best I've ever had. I can't rave enough that LeCellier is #1 for us.:cloud9::mickey:

Although, I must admit, the atmosphere does annoy me just a tad when the noise level is so high that my ears can't understand what my other party members are saying.:(

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-11-2008, 08:51 PM
The cheddar cheese soup is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

tinksmom02
06-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I love the cheddar cheese soup, the breadsticks, and the desserts. The meal was absolutely perfect on our first visit, but the steaks were just so-so last Sept. We're skipping it this time around...I plan on returning someday, but for us there are so many great places we haven't tried yet, and LeC isn't a 'must-do' for us.

KineGirl
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I could take it or leave it. We def dont think it deserves all the raves for the steaks that others do. I do like the cheese soup. Personally, we like the Yachtsman steak is a million times better and has a better ambiance. To us its just another place to eat - so that means one less person trying to make ADRs there for all you LC lovers ;)

Marker
06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
I have never been disappointed. The breadsticks, the cheese soup, and the wonderful Mushroom Filet.

We like to mix it up for the sake of variety and eat at different restaurants on each trip, but Le Cellier is one that we happily repeat.

AHOTE
06-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Although, I must admit, the atmosphere does annoy me just a tad when the noise level is so high that my ears can't understand what my other party members are saying.:(

That's about the only complaint I have about LeCellier too. It can get a bit noisy especially at peak times. It helps to get an early reservation. The food's great. :thumbsup:

Natazu
06-12-2008, 03:09 AM
The duck. It's all about the duck.
Do the even have ducks in Canada?

RAIDER
06-12-2008, 04:09 AM
I only tried Le Cellier after reading all the brilliant recommendations about this place as i use to pass this place all the time as i classed it as another steak place .... However ive been twice since and it is very good ..but not the best in Epcot

I agree with past comments ..The cheddar cheese soup is amazing :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-12-2008, 06:19 AM
I scramble to get an ADR because of all the hoopla on these boards. We had it once, it was good! But...lots of places are...We are passing on it in August, as we passed on it our last trip too, and I have 2 ADR's there for November. One for lunch, one for dinner. Gonna check it out again.

irish1967
06-12-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm with the others who had an average experience...

Although not bad, the service wasn't outstanding.

Although not bad, the food wasn't outstanding either.

Definitely not worth making sure I was dialing the phone at exactly 7:00 am EST and planning all my ADRs around when an ADR for this restuarant was available.

We'll eat elsewhere from now on and and let someone else have our table :mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-12-2008, 11:27 AM

We had the same feelings about it. We actually liked our steaks at Maya Grill better. The steak at LeCellier was actually pretty grissly. :ack:

elmjimmlm
06-12-2008, 11:43 AM
I want to try it to see what all of the excitement is about...:thumbsup:

DisneyCouture
06-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I love Le Cellier! The food is so good and I love the atmosphere. DH & I try to eat there every trip we go, it is a special place for us to go. ;)

SurferStitch
06-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Why we love it....

1. Trois Pistoles - Best beer in the world
2. Perfectly cooked filet every time
3. CHEESE SOUP!!!
4. Bread sticks
5. Roasted mushrooms
6. Delicious mashed potatoes
7. Chocolate Moose
8. Excellent, friendly, wonderful service

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
We will be eating at LeCellier for the first time in October. I've read so many great reviews here that I can't wait to go.

Same thing here!

We'll be trying lunch there in Oct because everyone raves about the restaurant. I'm hoping it's as good as it's reviews.

crazeedizneefinatic
06-12-2008, 02:47 PM
We had the same feelings about it. We actually liked our steaks at Maya Grill better. The steak at LeCellier was actually pretty grissly. :ack:

That is exactly how we felt when we ate there last September, the steak was not good. Glad we did not have to pay for it, LOL! We are going this year again in September and needed one more days ADR's so we took a lunch here one day. We did not go out of our way and would not have been disappointed if we did not get it. I hope we have a better experience this year.

I love all the thoughts. So mixed. I guess like anywhere it can have an off night. Keep the comments coming, it's interesting to see everyones experiences.

LauraF
06-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Add me to the average camp: if it's available and I don't feel a need to go anyplace else more, then I'll go, but I am not going to go out of my way to go there when there are better places on site to eat at. My family used to eat there every trip, so it's not like I had one bad experience. I had a lot of mediocre experiences. :mickey:

A decade ago it used to be the best steakhouse, but now there are plenty more on site to go to that I like at least as well.

laward32
06-12-2008, 03:40 PM
The food is outstanding and the atmosphere and the service were great as well. There wasn't a choice for all 3. We haven't been able to get in on our last 2 trips. But maybe next trip.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-12-2008, 06:21 PM
The food! :mickey:

Vinny
06-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I really liked the breadsticks, especially the pretzel one. We thought that the atmosphere and food were very good and the service was excellent.

This has been true of all of my meals at Le Cellier. It is a fun and relaxed atmosphere to enjoy a great meal in.

Crow
06-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I like it, but i wont go crazy to book it.
the breadsticks are good. the atmosphere is like a castle cellar.
i dont think its the best place but good. I probly wont go there this trip. it books up quickly cause its so small.
if i can get in here fine, if not, theres a lot of other places just as good or better

another tink
06-13-2008, 09:28 AM
The duck. It's all about the duck.
Do the even have ducks in Canada?

No!!! They were all stopped at the border.:secret::D

pox24
06-13-2008, 09:45 AM
What draws us there...

Steak!:thumbsup:

Septbride2002
06-13-2008, 11:28 AM
The atmosphere is OK. It's a combination of the great breadsticks, the yummy cheese soup, the excellent steaks, and the fantastic maple brullee'.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dmosher
06-13-2008, 06:38 PM
You should have had an all of the above button as well (minus the just a place to eat one).

DW and I absolutely love LC and go there every time we are at WDW, great food romantic atmosphere, beautiful wines, great desserts, pleasant staff... I could go on and on!
:pipes:
D

RALPH
06-14-2008, 06:43 AM
It is our DS's favorite steakhouse because they serve mashed potato's. So since he loves it, we book it twice each trip. The food is good, not great. I would return. Convenience to our room at the BC is also a big reason.

IF DS was not such a big fan, we would still probably book it, but not go crazy trying to get an ADR. I still prefer YS for meat over Le Cellier.

LudwigVonDrake
06-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Le Cellier = :tasty: