PDA

View Full Version : Resorts with Suites

PlanetNicole
06-11-2008, 05:02 PM
My family of five is now booked at POFQ. We're going Sept (1st week).Our youngest is two, and he will be in a crib. My husb was thinking about upgrading to a Deluxe resort.

Before we do that, does anyone know of a resort on property, that has suites? It can be either moderate or deluxe. We may just stay where we are. We like what we have heard about POFQ, but were considering Poly or AK. We will see!

Thanks! :wave:

Minniefan68
06-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Our family of 6 has enjoyed staying at the Boardwalks Villas over the years. Lots of room in a one or two bedroom villa, two bathrooms, full size kitchen with all the pots, pans, plates and silverware you need.

All the deluxe villa resorts have the same amenities and are great for families. Check them out on this or Disney's official website.

Ah, but the price - the deluxe villa resorts can be VERY expensive. We always go in November and 'rent' points from DVC members, it's a great way to save THOUSANDS - honestly, we save a ton of money. You may want to look into that.

Cheryl :minnie2:

tikiman
06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
You could fit in a standard Polynesian room for less than a suite with no problem. Infact when one is in a crib you can do 6 in the standard Polynesian room. Same with the Contemporary room and they are large enough.

wdwfansince75
06-12-2008, 11:25 AM
All of the Deluxes have suites, but you may have a problem getting one at this late date. On the other hand, the Contemporary Resort has rooms easily large enough for a family of 5, and you are only a short walk or monorail ride from the MK. Most rooms have two queen beds, and a daybed, and more than enough room for a crib. They also have small refigerators.

The CR is a great place for a family with young chldren, , as one of you can take the toddler back for a nap or break, and the other can stay at MK with the others....worked for us on more than one occasion.

Poly is great, and the rooms are about the same size as the CR. If EPCOT is your favorite, you may consider the Y&B Clubs, or Boardwalk. You can't go wrong with any of the deluxes, but our favorite is still the CR.

TammiMcMan
06-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Your youngest would not count towards the room occupancy limit, so you can stay pretty much anywhere.

AKL & WL standard rooms will accomodate 4 (plus the crib). Both offer a bunk bed room option, which might work well for your other two children. A pool view bunk bed room at the AKL is $255 per night during the value season.

All the other deluxes will fit 5 in their standard rooms (plus the crib). A standard garden, wing room at the CR is probably the least expensive of the deluxes ($270/night) and offers the largest square footage. You can't beat the location either, especially if you'll be spending much of your time at the MK. It's about a 10 minute walk to the park.

You might also want to consider the Fort Wilderness Cabins. They cost about the same as the AKL bunkbed room. The cabins come with a double sized bed and bunks in the bed room. There's also the living room and a full kitchen. The pools are nothing to write home about, but my children always enjoyed the openess of FW, the play areas, campfire sing alongs & movies, nightly hayrides, beach to watch the fireworks, petting farm, etc. This option gives you the opportunity to put the kids down in the bedroom and still have the living room if you and your DH want to stay up later to watch tv, or sip a glass of wine out on your deck.

Lots of different choices.

illini
06-14-2008, 12:09 AM
My suggestion doesn't really have to do with a suite, but more just a resort choice in general.

I *really* regret not staying at WL while my youngest was still under 3. Now we can't stay there w/o going to the deluxe room, which I don't particularly care to do.

So many Disney resorts won't allow 3 kiddos, so choose wisely. This might be your last trip to stay in WL, AKL, CBR... or your already booked POFQ.