PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose only 1 Park....

EJS-Houston
06-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm going to be in Orlando in July for a conference, and I'll probably only be able to go to WDW for one day...so I'm debating which theme park to choose to visit. It's tough when you really have to just choose one. So which would you choose, and why?

RBrooksC
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I would say The Magic Kingdom because that is the original and has the most magic. When we went last September, we went to MK the first day and then the last day so we could bookend our vacation with the magic supplied by MK.

avantgardeinker
06-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I would go with MK. It's the epitome of the Disney Magic!

:mickey:

katzctkpt
06-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Which park do you like best......for me it's MK for a one day trip....:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
06-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Magic Kingdom :tink:

Gator
06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Epcot. It has it all. Food, rides, live entertainment. It's great.

italiangrl.08
06-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Your best choices are M.K and Epcot! Since it is just you, right, it might be nice to take a stroll through Epcot. Unless of course your a ride person, in that case you would get alot more at Magic Kingdom. So really it depends on what you want to do!

M.K- rides, entertainment, FUN!!!!!!!1:mickey:

Epcot-peacful, countries, food, DELIC.!!!!!!:marg:

well hope you have fun either way, hope i helped!

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Its a choice between MK and Epcot but I'd take Epcot over MK if I could only do one. The rides are good, more variety in the park with the countries, and the food options are far superior.

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
MAGIC KINGDOM BECAUSE THATS WHERE THE MAGIC IS

pdrlkr
06-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Today it would be the Magic Kingdom. Tomorrow maybe somewhere else. :thumbsup: :mickey:

lindique
06-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I would pick EPCOT too. However, are there any new rides/shows that you haven't seen yet? Maybe you'd like to pick that park.

Shugoondola
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
It's a tough choice, but I think I would go to Epcot if I could go to only one park. Most of my favorite attractions are in Epcot.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-11-2008, 08:35 PM
My husband and I love them all. Each park has its own Disney Magic.:mickey:

beksy
06-12-2008, 01:02 AM
MK or Epcot, like PP said, depending on which is your favorite and what you like to do. If you want a more relaxing day, I'd go with Epcot and you could spend some time just wandering through (or eating your way through) World Showcase with some of the rides like Soarin' and Test Track thrown in. For a more ride-filled day, I'd go with MK. Personally I'd choose MK. It seems to be the most magical, has most of my favorite rides, and just seems like "Disney" to me! We spend the majority of each trip there.

SpecJoe Magic
06-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I would pick the Magic Kingdom because there are so many quality attractions to experience there, and it has the most magical feeling out of all of the parks in my opinion. Plus, there are plenty of good places to eat, and the night ends with a beautiful parade and a fabulous fireworks show.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-12-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd choose Epcot. It's my favorite park. It has rides, great food and you can drink. It is the park I go to the first day of my trip....most of the time.

goofy-4-disney
06-12-2008, 02:45 AM
If I only had one day at WDW I could easily spend it at any of the parks, but I would probably choose Epcot. In my opinion it has the best food options of all the parks, some pretty great rides/attractions: test track, soarin, spaceship earth, and is just a great park to wander around in and shop/snack in all the different countries.

RAIDER
06-12-2008, 04:01 AM
For me it will always be Epcot as you basically have everything ,better rides ,scenery ,good choice of menus and thats disney magic its much more diverse than MK in my humble opinion :mickey::thumbsup:

Jeniflower
06-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I love all the parks and its really hard to choose but if I had to choose just one it would be magic kingdom - its the heart and soul of Disney world:mickey:

Mousemates
06-12-2008, 08:35 AM
From what you said about being at a conference I assuming you will be traveling solo as a grown-up...which would tend to point me more towards epcot....where you have more dining options, more diverse browsing options (both in terms of attractions and shops), a wide area of life music and entertainment and still get to end the night with fireworks.

Gottaluvgoof
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
For a definite feeling of being to Disney, it HAS to be the Magic Kingdom!!

Fryguy
06-12-2008, 09:12 AM
For me it would be Epcot.

Why? I love the fact that you can just walk around and do different things - rides, experience countries, enjoy different food,etc. Also if you have time you can head over to Boardwalk for a relaxing stroll and some other food options.

Just my thoughts...

laward32
06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I would choose MK. It has the most rides. It holds all of my memories. If you don't care about rides and just want a relaxing day, I would choose Epcot. But I still think MK is WDW and when someone mentins WDW I think of MK.:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2008, 10:42 AM
EPCOT.....

I hold out hopes that one day AK will challenge it.....

but there has to be much more committment to expansion and renovation....and a bigger committment of staff

RBrooksC
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
The problem with Epcot is it is so large that trying to get it all done in one day, even when alone, is a daunting task. You don't get to really experience the World Showcase when you try to combine Future World with it. I think I would feel rushed there if it was just for one day.

bruin1344
06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Magic Kingdom because of the great rides although Epcot has better food

ChipnDaleGal
06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
That is a very tough question to answer as each park has a favorite ride and restaurant and all offer so much. But faced with this decision I think I would actually choose Animal Kingdom. It has one of my favorite rides (Everest), my most favorite show (Nemo, The Musical), my favorite daytime parade, and a restaurant I want to try (Yak and Yeti). :mickey:

iheartfigment
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Magic Kingdom without a doubt.

elmjimmlm
06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
I would choose Magic Kingdom just because it has a better feel to it than any of the other parks...I dont get that "Im in Disney World" feeling better than when I enter Magic Kingdom...:mickey:

indytraveler
06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you'll be by yourself. If yes then I'd Epcot for sure maybe get a Hopper Pass and do MGM (studios) as well.

EJS-Houston
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Great responses, all! Thanks to everyone for weighing in. As always, you helped a great deal. Magic Kingdom is definitely the quintessential Disney park...and it's tempting...but I'm gonna go with EPCOT, which, as many have pointed out here, has great rides, food, showcases (always good for killing time when the ride lines are long), pretty much everything. Plus, when I was there in November, Spaceship Earth was closed for renovation and I'm eager to see the new and "improved" version of it. So again, many thanks to all!

tinksmom02
06-13-2008, 08:45 PM
If I were going by myself, I would want to spend the day in Epcot. There's just so much to take in there, and having a day to myself to experience it all would be heavenly :cloud9:

GrmGrninGost
06-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Choose the one you enjoy the most! I have been in a similar situation before, and I have chosen MK. I love all the Disney parks, but for me, the real magic is at MK! :mickey:

alilprincessmom99
06-13-2008, 11:16 PM
I would choose Epcot. Epcot is a relaxing place to spend just one day. Besides for me it is my favorite park.

katzctkpt
06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
MK hands down !!

DisneyFanatic11
06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
This is an easy one for me: Magic Kingdom.

Simply because it's the heart of Disney World, and there are so many classics there. Plus, I wouldn't mind eating pizza at Pinnochio's. :mickey:

monke
06-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Going solo I enjoyed Epcot the best. Just to grab a drink and sit and watch the people around the world. No kids bothering me to go here or there. I could actually catch all the shows in the world it was great.

pook@wdw
06-14-2008, 06:58 PM
For me it would be Epcot. As much as I love MK (and I do), it's a 1/2 day park for me. Epcot would cover all the bases. Thrill rides, techno stations, leisurely attractions, and a stroll around WS lagoon to sample ALL the countries wonderful fares is in itself a joy for the senses! :cloud9:

Young@Heart
06-15-2008, 01:08 AM
MK, b/c it has something for each of us. Although, I almost chose Epcot, b/c that seems to be the most 'relaxed' day for us each trip-and last trip it was all about pin trading for the boys.

eeyoresbest
06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I would probaly say Magic Kingdom. That is where the magic is and you have to see the castle to really be at Disney. Lol:mickey:

krorx
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Magic Kingdom would be my choice.:mickey: It's where I feel like a kid again.

4ubie1
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
I must throw another vote in for EPCOT. Especially if you are alone. You can meander through each country looking at gifts and eating fantastic food. :cloud9: I love MK but I think it a place better shared with someone else.

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
:tigger: MAGIC KINGDOM WITHOUT A DOUBT :bar: JUST AS "...IT ALL STARTED WITH A MOUSE..." :wave: IT ALL STARTED WITH THE MAGIC KINGDOM :balloon: I'M SURE YOU WILL ENJOY YOURSELF NO MATTER WHERE YOU FIND THE MOUSE :mjump:

Georgesgirl1
06-16-2008, 07:28 PM
If I can only go to one park I always pick Epcot. This park has always been my favorite since my first trip there at the age of 3. I love World Showcase and the Future World rides are great. Also the food is the best of all the parks!

Good luck deciding.

brownie
06-16-2008, 11:43 PM
A tough call, but I'd probably go with Epcot for the variety of attractions and possibly being open longer than the other parks. Of course, if you have a park hopper option, why limit yourself to just one park in one day?

Queen Stephanie
06-17-2008, 12:52 AM
There is no other place like Magic Kingdom!

JCO
06-18-2008, 12:29 PM
If I had to choose just one, it would definitely be Epcot.

Sure, I'd miss not getting to do stuff like Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Pirates of the Carribean, Expedition Everest, etc.

But Epcot is my favorite of the parks —there's so much variety. Not only the fun attractions of Future World (Mission Space, Soarin', Test Track, etc.) but the laid back atmosphere of wandering through the different countries in World Showcase.

DNS
06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Animal Kingdom. I love it more every time we go.

Coach48
06-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Epcot,for its varied choices of food beverages and attractions.

Clay Ransone
06-18-2008, 03:35 PM
I would go with MGM. It has the best rides and you can do everything in a day. You can also fit in a showing of Fantasmic! for the required classic Disney stuff. At the end of the day you may still be able to make it over to Boardwalk to catch Illuminations.

FenwayGirl
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
My pick...Epcot!

wedway76
06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
This is a very easy question.

For me the ONLY answer is The Magic Kingdom.

If you don’t go to the MK, you haven’t been to WDW. If I were to be anywhere in the Orlando area and not go to the MK, I would feel cheated.

I think that even if I had just two days in WDW I would go to the MK both days.

I think this would be the way I would plan a short stay if I didn’t have the hopper option…

One Day: MK
Two Days: MK, MK (Possibly MK, EPCOT depending on my mood)
Three Days: MK, EPCOT, MK
Four Days: MK, EPCOT, DS. MK
Five Days: MK, EPCOT, DS, EPCOT, MK
Six Days: MK, EPCOT, MK, EPCOT, DS, MK
Seven Days: MK, EPCOT, MK, DS, EPCOT, AK, MK (the order may be different on some)

mainemajor
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
It would depend on what I wanted to do for that one day. Epcot would be my first choice because I can relax and enjoy myself more there. Magic Kingdom would be my choice if I wanted to feel "young and wild" for the day. At MK I always want to go go go all day long. while I have been able to chill there it is not as easy for me. Lots of fun though.
While I like the other two, if I had only one day it would be either Epcot or MK