PDA

View Full Version : If you could build one attraction in your backyard...

caryrae
06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
which attraction would you build. It can be new or old, from WDW or DL, a ride, show, or resturant.

I would build SM, I really can't explain but I just love this ride and the queue line.

Simba'sBud
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know if this qualifies, but I would love to have The Land building in my backyard with everything in it - especially Soarin' and the Garden Grill. I would ride and eat to my heart's content!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Wow. I thought this would a no-brainer pick for the Haunted Mansion, but it really wasn't.

I'd really consider Splash Mountain, just for the overall fun factor, or It's a Small World, for the nostalgia factor and for my daughter.

I'd also love to re-create the lobby and common areas of the Poly, including Ohana and the volcano pool, as sort of a place of refuge. That would be very fun.

speedmouse93
06-11-2008, 03:05 PM
If i were to rebuild one ride in my backyard it would be between Expedition Everest or Rockn' Rollercoaster. They are two great rides and I wouldn't know which one to choose.

elmjimmlm
06-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I would choose KRR...The drop is the best and with it being that high up my neighbors would be sooooo jealous...:thumbsup:

Gator
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I thought about the Kila. Safaris, but then again, there's the risk of some of the animals actually killing me. So, I have to go with It's Tough to be a Bug. The attraction is OK, but I'd love to have it's superstructure in my backyard - The Tree of Life!

lockedoutlogic
06-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Splash Mountain is the best ride in the history of Disney parks.....as far as imagination, thrill, and good fun

....so there you go i guess

avantgardeinker
06-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I would go with Splash Mt.. That way I might not be so bitter that they won't release Song of the South on DVD. I would have my own little piece of it in my backyard.

:mickey:

katzctkpt
06-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Splash Mountain......

joonyer
06-11-2008, 04:42 PM
For Me (and my two sons) it would definitely be Tom Sawyer's Island. From a cost perspective, it would be relatively cheap to build, it would require much less maintenance to keep in operation than other attractions, be less costly to maintain and would require low operating expenses. And its a boy's paradise with the caves, fort, bridge etc. I would just add a zip line somewhere, from one island to the other, as an escape path from the fort. We already have a pond to put it in. It would be great for paintball.

busterthebronco
06-11-2008, 04:51 PM
jungle cruise!
then if i have a bad day i can just get on it and laugh at the dumb jokes.
or would i have to tell my own jokes?
either way it would be awesome!

Nut4DW
06-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I want Cinderella's castle - complete with the new suite, the royal table with all the cooks, and the fairy godmother too if possible. She can keep her prince charming...I've already got one of those. :cloud9:

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
The Castle

pdrlkr
06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
The Monorail (Red) :thumbsup:

kadesha
06-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Mickey's Philharmagic! I could watch it over and over again! :D

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
The Haunted Mansion!

I wouldn't mind having 999 ghosts in my backyard :hmghost:

Chris :hatter:

DisneyCrazyET
06-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I like "The Land" idea, if you could have it all.
If not, POTC.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-11-2008, 08:33 PM
:stop:The Tower of Terror!!!!!!!!!! It's the best ride they have. If I had to choose two more, I'd pick The Haunted Mansion :hmghost:and Soarin:yes:

Kate In Wonderland
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd have a combination. The first part would be the ride through of Haunted Mansion but then it would end and your doombuggy would turn into a car and you'd be served milkshakes in the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater!:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
06-11-2008, 08:40 PM
I would have the POC from either Disneyland or Disney Paris as they have the ride AND the restaurant to sit and watch the ride go by. Best of both worlds...
:pirate:

Mad About Mickey
06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Of all the old MK attractions that have gone on to the great theme park in the sky this is the one I miss the most :cry:.

AlliMo
06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
horizons...then I could occasionally hang out in some of the living environments :)

dsnyfan001
06-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I wanted to say Splash Mt but then i read the one wit Tom Sawyers Island I dunno lol.... Both are really cool!!:mickey:

beksy
06-12-2008, 12:49 AM
This is tough! If I'm being generous I would go with BTMRR, my sister's favorite ride in all of Disney and one of my favorites too. Thinking of the heat here these days though make me lean toward Splash--I love the theme, songs, drops, basically everything and it would be a great way to cool down! The castle, complete with the suite, cooks, some maids, my fairy godmother, and a prince charming would be awesome too though. :mickey:

Mousemates
06-12-2008, 08:51 AM
The fountain with the "jumping water" from Epcot (I have a small back yard and that is about the only thing that would fit:mickey:)

ASweetLov
06-12-2008, 02:03 PM
I would have to have splash mountain in my backyard:cloud9:

Queen Stephanie
06-13-2008, 01:27 AM
The Wave pool and lazy river from Typhoon Lagoon! :thumbsup:

tjstrike
06-13-2008, 03:13 AM
I'll take RNRC !! My #1 ride. :thumbsup:

dmosher
06-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Swiss Family Tree House!
What? As an adult we all are actually jealous of kids having tree houses, when we no longer can. Think about how cool it would be to spend warm summer nights up there!
:pipes:
D

gwfx1031
06-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I would love one of the water park rides like crushn' gusher or the family raft ride and throw in the lazy river to chill out in.

DisneyOtaku
06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh man! Such hard decissions!

If it was a ride: RnRC
A Show: Mickey's Phillarmagic
A resturant: The Biergarden from Germany

:thumbsup:

Jeff G
06-13-2008, 10:29 AM
I would take the monorail in my back yard with extension to my office(and a few of my other favorite stops) that way each morning when I get up for work I have something to to forward to. Just imagine "Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas" every morning:mickey:. Plus with gas prices this is a very practical idea;).

Tigerinvestigator
06-13-2008, 11:32 AM
I have always wanted POTC in my backyard. When I was a kid I tried to do the math figuring how many $1 tickets I would have to sell my friends to ride in order to pay for the attraction. For some strange reason I could never make it work!:(

iheartfigment
06-13-2008, 12:37 PM
I would totally put the Great Movie Ride in my backyard. It's one of my all time faves!

bruin1344
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
potc or splash mountain, if its in my backyard, i hope i would be able to swim in it

slegrant
06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Attraction, I would pick Big Thunder Mountain!
Resort, Wilderness lodge. My family loves the pool. What a fun question!

elmjimmlm
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I would also have Mickeys Philharmagic...Its not the same trying to watch it on You Tube so having all to myself would be great...:mickey:

alilprincessmom99
06-13-2008, 11:05 PM
I would definately have to build Spaceship Earth. I do love the ride itself, but the structure is just amazing.

katzctkpt
06-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Swiss Family Tree House!
What? As an adult we all are actually jealous of kids having tree houses, when we no longer can. Think about how cool it would be to spend warm summer nights up there!
D

I was gonna say rrc until I saw this post. How many times would you ride after you had it? The Swiss Family Treehouse could be used a lot. Sleepovers, etc...:thumbsup:

henry.james.s
06-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I'd take the California Grill..favorite food & drink for me!! :number1:

kelly.garrett
06-14-2008, 12:24 AM
This is tough. I would like either Splash Mountain or the Tower of Terror. Since I live in a town that gets the most snow in Alaska, I'd better go with the all indoor Tower of Terror.

AdventurerKim
06-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I would build The Haunted Mansion in my backyard and have a maid and butler costume for me and my DH! :number1:

Ropachs
06-14-2008, 08:44 PM
All of Adventureland! Oh, you said ONE attraction. I thought it was a no-brainer, we all love the treehouse! But after reading some picking Tom Sawyer's Island, we'd need that too. What a cool, tropical atmosphere to look at, and good excercise to boot. And I'd rent it out for birthday parties. Clearly, I need to throw in a popcorn cart as well ;)

dmosher
06-21-2008, 01:42 AM
I was gonna say rrc until I saw this post. How many times would you ride after you had it? The Swiss Family Treehouse could be used a lot. Sleepovers, etc...:thumbsup:

It would be so awesome to have that! Warm summer nights in a tree hammock while a gorilla fans you to a restful sleep with a palm leaf; the sound of the waterwheels churning and running.

Though to be fair I would have to work out some sort of dumbwaiter/elevator system, because carrying bananas up those stairs everyday would be a nightmare!
D

JasonH
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
If I had to absotively posilutely under no circumstances can you pick more than one ride/attraction b/c some mean person:thedolls: is making you choose only one even though there is way too many rides/attractions that have come and gone or are still there that I truly love making it the most hardest decision in the world...whew:D...I would probably go with Haunted Mansion :hmghost: from MK with the ability to switch between the original and refurbed versions.

If I could choose more than one...Can't I just have WDW for my own personal backyard? :rotfl::figment:

tinkerbellybutton
06-21-2008, 04:28 PM

Well, we rode it 8 times in a row for EMH and would have kept going if they hadn't closed it for the night ;)

But I think I'd go with the Safari, as long as it came with the guys to pick up the doo :faint:

Soul_Power
06-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Hmm.. For me it's a toss-up between Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. I love both of those rides!

laward32
06-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I would have to say mine is a tie. It would be POTC from DL and HM from WDW with DL exterior. I miss seeing the DL exterior.
I could have ghosts or pirates in my backyard.:hmghost::pirate:

EditReject
06-26-2008, 12:07 AM
great thread! but a hard decision at that. if i had to pick one attraction, then it would be the HM. if i had my wish though, then i would like to have all of Main Street in my backyard. how great that would be! :mickey:

Young@Heart
06-26-2008, 12:21 AM
I'd have to say Splash Mountain, because I know it's something we would all enjoy! :cloud9:

LizLovesDiz
06-26-2008, 12:33 AM
I would really love to have Expedition Everest or Test Track!

Minnie Imagineer
06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
i would def. have to put cinderella's castle in my backyard..but I would put a ride in it...something like snow white's scary adv.s but with all the princesses! and a lot of disney music..like its a small world!

Mrs.Poppins
06-30-2008, 12:25 PM
space mountain, I would ride that thing for hours!!