PDA

View Full Version : DD so upset!!

#1disneyfan
06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
We were away on vacation and our 75 day window for shore excursions came and went! As soon as we got back I logged on and to my dismay the excursion she had her heart set on is booked :(.

Does anyone know from experience, do the really popular ones ever have cancellations that I can jump on? She is really disappointed and I am just hoping for a miracle now!

Thanks !

Tick-Tock
06-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Is this activity something that only is offered through the cruise line? Sometimes you can have an even better experience booking an excursion independently.

#1disneyfan
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Not sure, maybe you or someone will know the answer? It is the Dolphin Encounter, not the one at Atlantis. If there is another way to get ressies, I would love to know how!! Thanks for any help!

TammiMcMan
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
The Dolphin Encounter is on Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau. This one does book very quickly. You can take your chances that someone will cancel or you can book it on your own directly with the tour operator. The differences in doing it that way, is you need to get yourself over to the Paradise Island Ferry terminal and take their transport back and forth. DCL only offers the "encounter", but if you book on your own, you can upgrade that package option and book "swimming" with the dolphins (children aged 6-12 must be accompanied by a participating adult).

Just do a google search for Dolphin Encounters Nassau and you can get more information.

Imalismom
06-25-2008, 12:23 AM
I would recommend that you book outside of Disney on this one since it is full. The price will be better, and you will have the opportunity to do the full swim, not just the encounter.

We have done one through Disney and one on our own, and the one on our own was so much better.

Ali's Mom
Sharing the Magic for 7 days in 2009

#1disneyfan
06-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for all of you who replied!

Luckily one of the dolphin experiences opened up! We were able to book the Atlantis Dolphin and Aquaventure Experience (not sure of the actual name). This excursion was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but DH said this is a once in a lifetime trip, so we should just do it. So its booked and DD couldn't be more thrilled. I just wish I could have kept it a secret, what a surprise that would have been!

TammiMcMan
06-26-2008, 10:33 AM
It does sound very expensive for not even swimming with the dolphin. If booked on your own, it's $123 per person, but I guess when you add in the water park feature that can drive the price up.

I hope you have a wonderful experience and please let us know all about it when you get back.

Jeffybob
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Agreed ... do the excursion on your own.

We took this excursion and wished that we hadn't. It was very disappointing and we were also under a time limit to get back to the ship.

The whole thing was rushed, cost a lot of money and personally, was of little value. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
We took this excursion and wished that we hadn't.Did you do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter or the newer one at Atlantis with the waterpark?