PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed in the newly refurbed rooms at GF?

Jarrod
06-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I read that they were doing a soft refurb on the rooms at gf, Adding the Flat Panel TVs , IPOD docs, etc. Has anyone stayed and how are the new rooms? We are going in Nov. for Thanksgiving and are curious.

TammiMcMan
06-11-2008, 02:00 AM
I'm not overly excited about the new rooms. Some of the renovations are very nice, but I don't like the new table setup. They took out the bigger round table and replaced it with a chair and ottoman. Now they have a small table that slides under the desk. As a family of 5, who enjoyed having snacks in our room, that kind of killed that option. I don't like sitting on the bed and eating.

Is there something more specific you wanted to know about?

SurferStitch
06-11-2008, 07:05 AM
The new rooms are very nice. We had a dormer room in Boca Chica last month, we we though it was lovely.

The new flat panel TV's are nice and clear, and are so much nicer than the old ones they had. I thought the slide out table under the desk was pretty cool. It's just the two of us, so we didn't need to use it too much, so that change was nice. The new chair/ottoman is a nice addition to the room, and I made sure to use it at times.

I don't know if they changed the bedding and room colors since the last time we stayed there. We've had a couple different motifs over the past few visits, so I don't know if this one was new or not. The bedding had a lovely soft yellow color to it, which mixed nicely with the wood furniture.

Can't wait to return in October!

TammiMcMan
06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't know if they changed the bedding and room colors since the last time we stayed there.They used to have the different "theme" buildings, with Alice bedding, Floral bedding, Fairy bedding and a few the old classic design. Now all the rooms have the same bedding.

Jarrod
06-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys, we were just curious about the decor and the amenities in the new rooms. We are very familiar with the slide under small table because we stay at the BC frequently and that's how the rooms are there. Thanks for the input. Is there new paint? Have the bathrooms been updated/upgraded at all?

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 09:07 PM
May I further the question to ask which rooms
(main building? surrounding?....) have been refurbished?

TammiMcMan
06-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Jarrod, a majority of the rooms have a soft beige wallpaper. No upgrades to the bathroom, they still have the same topiary wallpaper. The only difference is that they have the new H2O bath products.

May I further the question to ask which rooms
(main building? surrounding?....) have been refurbished?All the rooms have been refurbished.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
All the rooms have been refurbished.
:thanks: Tammi!