PDA

View Full Version : ADRs for large groups -- How many is too many?

robyn221
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
My parents are springing for a trip to WDW at Thanksgiving this year. With all sibs, spouses, & kids we're going to be between 20-25 people. We'd like to do one meal/event all together (like Hoop De Doo) while we're there. We will be staying offsite. How many people can we get on one ADR? And how would you recommend we proceed? (And are we too late to try to schedule something this big for this time period?)

Thanks!

Robyn:mickey:

wendy*darling
06-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't know if there is an upper limit, but with your size group you should be working with Group Dining. Call the regular dining number (407-WDW-DINE)and ask for Group Dining.

I have run 2 Boy Scout trips in the past and have done ADRs for up to 52 people. We did Hoop Dee Doo last June for 48 people. Of course we were not all at the same table, but we were all very close together at tables of about 8-10 each.

If you are off-site, you would have to wait until 180 days out from the date you want to dine. But you are already within this window- so I suggest getting on the phone first thing in the morning and asking about availability. If it is Thanksgiving weekend- your options may be slim.

I might also suggest an Illuminations or Fantasmic dessert party (or even dinner). You can arrange these through Group Services. We looked at these as well, and as I recall, some of the options came out to about $25-40/person for our group of 48. It's a different kind of event you probably haven't done before- and worth looking into. :mickey:

Gator
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
WOW! I was having trouble getting decent ressies for 7 people at 180 days in advance and at 7am sharp. It won't be easy. I'd try the road less traveled. You may have some success at big shows like the Luau at the Polynesian or at restaurants like Marekesh, Tony's, Casey's, or one of the Japanese places (good steaks there). Good luck.