PDA

View Full Version : Poly transportation

Ropachs
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Given that we've had some terribly long bus waits in the past, I'm really trying to figure out how to waste less time traveling this time. We're staying at Poly so MK and Epcot are taken care of by Monorail, but the other big 3, DHS, AK, and DTD, ugh, I guess it's the bus! So are we better off walking from Poly to the TTC to catch buses rather that waiting at the resort? Any time savings there?
Thanks for any help!!

sisterslovindisney
06-10-2008, 02:43 PM
I've never had any real waits for the bus at the Poly but we go during the off season. You could also take the monorail to EPCOT then walk or boat to DHS. Not sure about DTD, probably just bus. Again, we never had a problem.

tmosier
06-10-2008, 03:07 PM
I've heard that taking a taxi is a good idea. Just remember to ask what the rate is before you get in because they might all have different rates, or so I've read.

tikiman
06-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I don’t believe that the TTC has a bus to DTD anymore so you might want to check to see what busses still go to the TTC. Taking the monorail into Epcot to get to Hollywood Studios would take a very long time and I would just take the bus from the front of the Polynesian. We rent a car for going to other resorts to eat or from park to park so we get in the car from AK usually. Taking the bus to the Studios is not bad and we usually loop through Epcot and monorail back to the Polynesian. I think it was about $12 last month when we all got in a taxi (van) to go from the Polynesian to DTD.

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2008, 03:46 PM
If your only destination for the day was DHS then the bus from the Poly or a rental car is the way to go. Our way of doing it though is to make it part of a day or couple of days to Epcot. So, we go to Epcot, do a few things, walk through the International Gateway and either walk to DHS or take the boat. We then do a number of things at DHS, come back to Epcot for dinner, and off the the Poly via the monorail. Another option to consider.

For AK, I would go rental car or bus but not taxi. DTD is best done via rental car IMO but then we always have a car and find it well worth the freedom of movement around WDW.