PDA

View Full Version : best locations to see fireworks

mossylog
06-10-2008, 12:44 PM
i know i've seen this topic before but could someone tell me where the best spots for the mk,epcot, etc fireworks? thanks.

we are arriving this year september 1 thru 7 and its my sons 3rd time at disney in his five years alive. we are so excited can't wait.:party:

DisneyDudet
06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
For MK, Main Street offers a great view, but to get the BEST view, I think it is on the train station. That area fills up super early, so unless you want to waste a few hours waiting, I would look elsewhere. I think that spots that are to an angle from the castle are good, like Liberty Square or Tomorrowland. Also, the different view from Fantasyland is fun!

Epcot, any place that is not obscurred by a tree around the World Showcase Lagoon will be a good place. We like Canada, just because we are creatures of habit.

EJS-Houston
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I filmed the MK Fireworks last November from the center of the Main Street circle in front of Cinderella's Castle (we got there late but had no problem getting in and finding space) and got an absolutely perfect view (and a great film) of the whole thing, beginning with Tinker Bell's descent from the castle parapet. Then, we had only to take a few steps over to the curb where a little over 30 minutes later we had fantastic up-close-and-personal views of the Main Street Electrical Parade (I filmed that too, naturally). It was our last evening in the parks and it was a perfect ending to our WDW experience.

pdrlkr
06-11-2008, 05:41 PM
At EPCOT make sure you find out which way the wind is blowing and go the opposite way or the smoke can obscure your view. At MK just somewhere you can see the castle. If you would like to our little spot, send me a PM. :thumbsup:

barnaby
06-11-2008, 07:02 PM
At MK, I like the bridge to Tommorrowland where Tinkerbell goes right over your head.
And the Main Stret circle in front of the castle.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Definitely at Epcot it is important to determine the direction of the wind. The smoke from the fireworks can definitely be thick. Our two favorite spots are near Canada and in front of Norway. Both give good views and are reasonably close to the exit to get out a little easier.

At MK, if the fireworks are closing time then be near the front on Main Street. The train station is good. There is a crush to get out.

If its not at closing or its EMH then anywhere is actually good, as long as you can see the middle of the castle up. Other than a couple of burst right over the castle, the fireworks are actually set off well behind the property and not in MK itself. We find a good view to be in the walkway around the Speedway. After the show, you can walk to almost anywhere (except Main Street) without having to go through the central hub.

Disneyexpert15
06-12-2008, 05:00 PM
A Cast member, told me once that the best place to see Wishes fireworks is in Tomorrowland. :mickey:

Queen Stephanie
06-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Without a doubt, standing directly in front of the castle gives the best effect. :number1:

pook@wdw
06-16-2008, 08:08 PM
In MK...over the train station is the BEST spot if you're willing to get there EARLY and wait, any place on Main St is great, or in Liberty Sq or Frontierland, or on the bridge to Tomorrowland.
In Epcot...the patio @ Rose & Crown is excellent if you can get ressies for that time and place, anywhere around the WS lagoon is great, try the front porch around the store in Japan (most think it''s an employee entrance).:thumbsup:

MicMouse
06-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Near Dumbo. We were on Dumbo as the fireworks were happening and it was awesome! It seemed like they were coming from every direction.

DisneyDog
06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
For the MK fireworks, we stood smack dab in the middle of main street, pretty close to the main entrance. The view was spectacular.

Mousemates
06-18-2008, 08:35 AM
We've watched them from all sorts of places....including Fantasyland, Tommorowland, and Frontierland...and while my favorite firework view is from the exterior portions at the top of splash mountain, since I've not figured out how to get my boat to stop so i can take in the whole show...I must admit the big crowd on Main street has it right...it really is the best place to watch.

Hopefully when you get there in September the crowds will be somewhat light and you won't have to set up shop and get place too early.

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 09:18 AM
In MK, I prefer the hub in front of the Castle or the bridge to Tomorrowland but we usually just watch from where ever we might be at the time. Once we saw the fireworks while on BTM and DD's loved it. They claimed it was just like being in a Disney commercial!

At Epcot, we look at the torches to see which direction(s) the wind is blowing then choose a location in the opposite direction.

MMouse6937
06-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Once we saw the fireworks while on BTM and DD's loved it. They claimed it was just like being in a Disney commercial!

Kathy, that's so cute!! :D I would love to be on an attraction that you could see the fireworks, but have never had that happen yet.

Thanks for all the advice, I enjoyed reading!