PDA

View Full Version : Too Fancy for Toddlers??

bigearstoo
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I've been told that places like Coral Reef and Yachtsman Steakhouse are too fancy to bring children 5 years old or younger. Is this true and if so what are some places that offer great food for adults but are toddler friendly as well??

mjstaceyuofm
06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
It's Disney. Toddlers are welcome everywhere except V&A. At places like Boatwrights, Olivias, etc. Disney is really good about moving you through fast, especially if you have kids. At some of the more high end restaurants like California Grill, Artist Point, et al they try not to rush you too much and let you have enough time to actually enjoy the dining experience.

My only advice would be to say this:

It's all about your kids level of patience. If they can handle sit-down restaurants go for it, if not you might want to pass for your own sanity. :mickey:

Dyanna
06-10-2008, 01:14 PM
We took our DD to Coral Reef last year when she was 10 months old & had no problems. They had her in a booster seat in the middle of our U shaped table.

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
There are all kinds of toddlers at Coral Reef and they love the aquarium. Haven't been to the yachtsman but have a good friend who goes there every year and has since his kids were very small. At Disney, as stated, the only place its a real problem is Victoria and Alberts and they are now not allowed there.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-10-2008, 01:39 PM
We have two children and eat at Coral Reef, Lecellier, etc. every time we go. This is Disney and kids are everywhere except V@A so do not let people tell you otherwise. If you are going to Disney expecting meals with no children you need to book another vacation somewhere else. We have never had a problem with this and you should not expect one ither. Are these places boring for toddlers (maybe or maybe not) possibly but I am sure it depends on each families situation. Go and have fun!!!!

dolphinmickey9170
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
We have taken our DGD several times to disney, she isn't even two yet, and she does very well in the restaurants. Cali Grill was a blast, she had our server laughing. The food was good for her as well.

Giselle
06-10-2008, 03:15 PM
My experience is that Coral Reef is great for children, but I did not get good service at Artist Pt. with a toddler. Server acted like we were 2nd rate customers and pd more attn to madult only tables.

Giselle
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
My experience is that Coral Reef is great for children, but I did not get good service at Artist Pt. with a toddler. Server acted like we were 2nd rate customers and pd more attn to madult only tables.

PetefromRI
06-10-2008, 06:17 PM
It all depends on your child.I think that the steakhouse might be a bit boring for any kid but the Coral Reef is perfect.Try to get a seat in front of the glass.

irish1967
06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I think it depends on the child.

A child that HAS to eat at 5:00 sharp will not do well with a later ADR.

A child with limited patience will probably not do well either.

A patient child with an ADR that will feed him/her when hungry will do great at either restaurant.