PDA

View Full Version : ADR Advice/Info

Nut4DW
06-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I will be making my ADRs this Friday and would like to get as much advice/info as possible before I make the call. Like, how long does it take, what problems might I encounter, do I mention we are celebrating an anniversary, or anything anyone else can tell me. Thanks! :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-10-2008, 10:57 AM
How long? It really depends on how long you have to be on hold. That can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes, so be sure to call when you're not rushed.

The biggest problem people encounter is to not have the date/time they were hoping for available for a restaurant. Places like Le Cellier can really book up fast. So, be sure you have an "ideal" schedule but have alternatives in terms of times and have a couple of back up restaurants in case one of the ones you want is already booked up. You can always keep calling and try to change later.

whatever day is your anniversary, definitely mention it when making the ADR for that day. Nothing may happen, but occasionally something does.

The best thing is to have a plan, have a backup plan, and be flexible so that you can get the places you want.

wdwfansince75
06-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Concur with Strmchsr's advice. Since you can make ressie's for entire stay on the 180 day mark, try the "must do's" first. Toughest are Cali Grill, Narcossees, LeCellier, Cindy's Castle....be prepared to ask for help....CM's usually are patient, and will try alternatives for you.... Although I called on 180th day, CG at 9 PM was already booked for first 4 days of trip....since it was a "must do" for this trip, I was able to book it for day 5. Waited til later for Chef Mickeys....was able to book it for a Saturday evening at 6:40 for a party of 12 at 150 day mark....but LLT was fully booked when I tried at 60 day mark....May still try it as a walk up, but not counting on it. Note that Fantasmic packages also book early. And considering when you are going, Candle Light prosession packages may book early for certain nights....Priortize wants, and book highest priorities first. On day 180, I booked CG first....then booked LeCellier....Res # was 45 digits higher....so realize that other people are making ressies at same time.....

Record #'s if you have time, but do not worry....if you call later, you can check your numbers by giving resort res #, or home phone, if that is what you used the first time you called in.

Gator
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I called this morning until it said that Disney was open, and I still had to wait over 20 minutes on hold. Get ready to wait unless your real lucky.

Nut4DW
06-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Gator, what time did you call?

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I've found that if you call mid afternoon (after lunch time but before the end of the work day) there are short waits. I usually call then and wait 5 mins to 20 mins. Most of the time I only wait 5-10.