PDA

View Full Version : Russell Brand

Melanie
06-10-2008, 10:18 AM
For our British friends - how famous is this guy in the UK?

I've never heard of him, but just caught him on Jay Leno and he was cracking me up. Kind of a Jack Sparrow type personality.

Nini
06-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I saw him last night too! Was so curious I looked him up on the IMDb. He is very funny - cool accent too! I think I'm going to want to see "Bedtime Stories" when it comes out.

Denise :mickey:

RAIDER
06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
On a rating scale of 1-10 and 10 being the highest for being famous in the UK

Hes probably a 7 ...

Hes not everyones cup of tea though .
For me he has his moments but he can be to over the top most of the time :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM
On a rating scale of 1-10 and 10 being the highest for being famous in the UK

Hes probably a 7 ...

Hes not everyones cup of tea though .
For me he has his moments but he can be to over the top most of the time :thumbsup:

I agree with you. Hes quite famous but he also manages to offend a lot of people. I don't like him at all myself and never found him funny.

Jeniflower
06-11-2008, 11:31 AM
He's a bit peculiar,
think Lord Byron mixed with Tigger. Can be funny, can be mad:blush:

The Reservoir Dog
06-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Hes quite famous but he also manages to offend a lot of people. I don't like him at all myself and never found him funny.

Agree with you. Goes for shock value to cover for his lack of funny material.

Puts on a camp Jack Sparrow voice.

Popular among the younger generation. Disliked by the 30+ generation similar to how the American 30+ generation seem to dislike Pauley Shore.

On the whole. Not Clever. Not Funny.

Melanie
06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Interesting. Thanks for all of your insight from 'across the pond'. :thumbsup:

pink
06-14-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm from the US but I thought he was brilliant in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and I've never heard of him before then. I hope to see more from him soon but I do have to admit his hair is a little crazy! :mickey: