PDA

View Full Version : Pop Preferred Buildings Questions

JPooh
06-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know which buildings at Pop are the preferred Buildings? I know there are some in the 50's in addition to the, but don't know which ones. Also are there any other sections preferred?

tigz9299
06-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I actually stayed in a preferred room in the 60's building in April..I live here,so I don't ride the buses or go to the pools ,etc..if you have kids and are planning to use the transportation,it will work out well,because the 60's rooms are near the food court,pools,buses..BUT,if you drive ,you have to park in the WORST possible location to walk to your rooms..it is all the way into the back/middle of the complex,and if you are dragging kids & stuff,it is terminally long..i am going back in 2 weeks,but am requesting a room in the 50's building ,so I don't have to do it again..the resort itself is great,other than the food court getting a little busier than the other all-star resorts..i will definitely stay there again..hope this helps...:mickey:

Disneyatic
06-10-2008, 05:01 PM
When we were at Pop last September I questioned the location of our preferred room because it didn't seem like a preferred room to us.
We were told that last year the "preferred" classification changed and that anything within 500 ft of the main building is now what is considered a "preferred" room.
Under this guideline, I would think that it would only be the rooms in the 50's and 60's buildings in the sections closest to the main bldg.
Try looking under the info central tab and at the resort maps and see if that makes sense!

JPooh
06-11-2008, 09:40 AM
When I called Disney Reservations I was told that all of 60's and some 50's and some 70's but she didn't know which buildings in the 50's and 70's were considered preferred. It seem to me that's up to the discretion of Disney to decide which and how many rooms they want to book at the higher price.

Dopey's Girl
06-11-2008, 10:02 AM
I was in a 70's building and it was preferred...I can't remember the building #, but we were no more than 200 yards from the main building...

TIGGER17179
06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
If they have changed the classification of a preffered room to all those loactions then they pretty much have included most of the areas anywhere close to the food court. Honestly we have never had a preferred room - I didn't see any reason to pay 10.00 more a day. However the last few times that I went we were put in the 50's and it wasn't that far a walk. You have a few places you can cut through and it's not that far. We were close to the parking area as well.

megustamex
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Preferred rooms tend to be close to the pool and the NOISE. If you really don't want to have to walk far to get to the main building then I guess the preferred is good, but it's not really that far to the quieter rooms in the back that overlook the woods. We had a preferred room once and hated it because it was loud with kids in the pool until midnight or later.