PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer

Camden'smom
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM
I was wondering if Garden Grocer would deliver to your hotel or do you have to go do the shopping yourself?
Thanks!!:mickey:

italiangrl.08
06-10-2008, 09:55 AM
They deliver direct to your room. We did this last Sept/Oct and were very happy. Our order was correct and the food fresh. We will use them again in Jan. Their prices are resonable too.

DisneyDudet
06-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Must you be in your room when they deliver? We were thinking of using them in Sept, but we plan to leave the resort as soon as we get dropped off from DME. Also, what if our room is not ready when they bring it? Will it be held for us?

r4kids
06-10-2008, 01:03 PM
If you are not in your room they will take it down to the front desk and leave it for you. Anything that needs to be refrigerated will be. You can call down to the front desk when you get back and they will send someone to your room with your delivery.

Momof2boys
06-10-2008, 03:11 PM
We've used Garden Grocer twice and loved it both times ! They called as they were approaching our resort so we were able to head back to the room from exploring the resort.

Hull-onian
06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
I was wondering if Garden Grocer would deliver to your hotel or do you have to go do the shopping yourself?
Thanks!!:mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot.

We used Garden Grocer. Went on line, picked out our items about five weeks before we got there. Paid for it. We arrived at our resort and had dinner ressies the first night. When we got back to our resort, everything was delivered to our room. It was great. They are very efficient.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-10-2008, 04:46 PM
We love garden grocer. They have great prices, for delivery to your resort. You do not have to be there. You set up a delivery time and your bell services staff will refrigerate any items that need be, and will deliver them to your room at your request. I do suggest going on line and placing your oder early. I usually purchase 6-8 weeks early to be sure that delivery date isn't booked solid. Enjoy!! We just used them in May and will be using them again in August!! WOOHOO!!

Dopey's Girl
06-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I already have my shopping list started for October. I used them a few trips ago, and loved the service. We didn't get a ton of stuff, mainly stuff for breakfast, snacks and lots of water. Everything was fresh and the delivery guy was really nice! I can't wait to use them again!

Camden'smom
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have the phone number?? How much do they charge for delivery?

DisneyDudet
06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
You can visit their website for products that they deliver. We plan on using them in Sept when we do our bare bones, Free Dining trip, since we will not be renting a car, like we always do. The prices seem reasonable, probably cheaper than if you bought them at a service station.

It looks like they charge $12 for delivery, which, for convenience, is priceless to me. It is cheaper than a cab fare to a store, and cheaper than renting a car, so, we'll take it! Orders over $200 come with free delivery!

Their number is {removed per Terms of Service}, but I would visit their website for the ease.

SFTrny
06-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Has anyone ever used Garden Grocer to deliver to FW?

laurenC325
06-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Do you have to spend a certain amount for them to deliever to the hotel?
Thanks

dolphinmickey9170
06-11-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry, it's either $40 or $50, I can't remember which.

Strmchsr
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that they often book up pretty quickly so if you're going to be depending on this service, or any grocery delivery service, be sure you book plenty in advance.

Just Keep Swimming
06-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I am probably the rare voice, but I had a problem with Garden Grocer last time. When I got my bags, my 6 pack of water was sitting on top of my loaf of bread. It was literally a giant ball. I called GG and very nicely told them everything was great except one thing, and explained what happened. The lady I spoke with was actually a little nasty with me and said "our drivers would never do anything like that, so you need to contact your resort because it is not our fault" I was shocked after hearing so many positive things here on Intercot. I had heard they were friendly and helpful, and they definitely were not.

On the bright side, when I called bell services, they did send up a loaf of bread, and it was almost exactly what I eat at home, and even though they comped it, I also found out it was a lot less money than I expected. It's funny, I've never brought this up before, but just posted on two threads about this bread.

SFTrny
06-11-2008, 03:17 PM
How good are they at fresh fruit and vegetables? We used to use a grocery delivery service in our local area. It was great for canned / packaged goods, but it was a gamble on the fresh produce. Sometimes it was good, other times it was pretty bad.