PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelorette

Melanie
06-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Okay Bachelor/Bachelorette fans - let's discuss.

I'm really enjoying this season, much like I have other Bachelorette seasons. My favorite season ever in this series was the Meredith/Ian season. I was truly disappointed to hear when they broke up.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the remaining choices? I think Twilly is a goner next week, Jeremy gives me the serious willies, and Jesse just seems like good friend material.

I see the most chemistry with Jason and Graham. Man, I'm digging Graham big time (at first I didn't), and think there is something really there between he and Deanna. The conflict and angst they have has to account for something, right?

ChipnDaleGal
06-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I am watching and really enjoying it as well. Deanna seems like a very nice girl and I really hope she finds a good guy in this process. I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but my two favorites are also Jason and Graham. I enjoy Jesse, but I don't see him being the kind of guy that Deanna is looking for as a partner in life. I don't like Jeremy either. Something about him seems really off.

Melanie
06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
We have such similar tastes, Donna. ;) I'll be interested to see what you think after watching the latest episode regarding Graham.

ChipnDaleGal
06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
We have such similar tastes, Donna. ;) I'll be interested to see what you think after watching the latest episode regarding Graham.

Now I can't wait to get on the couch tonight with my bag of popcorn and see what happens next! :)

Nut4DW
06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I am so glad to read that others think there is something off with Jeremy because I've been thinking the same thing. Something just isn't right with that guy. I think Deanna is very attracted to Graham - she looks at him differently and caresses him when she kisses him. I don't see her doing that with anyone else. I cannot decide if he's just so crazy about her he can't stand to see her with anyone else - which is kind of touching, or if he's more of a cad. I do think she sent the right guys home last night - except I agree, Twilly has got to go.

ILive4Disney
06-10-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree on the favorites too...Graham and Jason. The one reason I like Jason over Graham is that he seems more mature...Graham seems to be a bit immature and Deanna has experienced so much in her life...she may be at a different "place" than Graham.

Niecyboo
06-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow! great brains think alike. I came in late this season (was at WDW during the first episode and had a school function during the next), but the first moment I saw Jeremy I thought he had a sort of Norman Bates look about him. I can't think of any one thing that bothers me, he just gives me the creeps.

My favorite has to be Jason. Twice now he has gotten DeAnna to open up and he just seems to truly care about what she says and feels. Their time together last night when he was comforting her just seemed so natural to me.

If Graham had been as open and sorry when talking to DeAnna as when he was doing his confessional after the "BBQ" I would probably think more of him, but I thought he was still very closed off with her. I definitely agree she got rid of the right guys last night. But part of me hopes they make Fred the next bachelor. He was so sweet and would make a great husband. There just wasn't any chemistry.

ChipnDaleGal
06-11-2008, 06:55 AM
After watching this week's episode, I am really pulling for Jason. I think he is the most emotionally mature man left in the group and he seems like really good husband material. And he has such pretty eyes and smile. I still like Graham and I know Deanna does too, but I don't know that this process is really going to work for him. And from comments he has made he might be a bit of a commitment-phobe. I sure hope she cuts Jeremy loose soon. His dead shark eyes are creeping me out. But I think Twilly and Jesse will be the next to go as I think she is much more in the friend zone with those two guys.

Melanie
06-11-2008, 07:06 AM
It's funny how none of us have mentioned Shawn or Sean, however he spells it. He's a goner soon too, I think.

I like Jason too, and his son is adorable, but for some reason I'm really pulling for Graham. I'm not sure what it is about him.

LauraleeH
06-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I've liked Jason from the beginning. I like Jesse, just not with DeAnna. Twilly has to go. I never think about Jeremy or Sean. Graham is alright, but I'd give him one more week and if the attitude is still there, goodbye.

murphy1
06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I think that Grant is in trouble next week, his mom kept saying he only dates girls for about 4 weeks. He is a cutie though. I really like all of them for different reasons. I think her and Jason could get past their religious issues and he has had to be a grown up for awhile. Jeremy reminds me of Keanu Reeves. I was glad she dropped the mullet head guy, he is too mommy's boy and into material stuff. It's great to have a relationship with your mom, but his was a little too much. In the end, I really like Deanna and want her to have a great guy and be happy (her family lives in the next town over from us in Canton, there are quite a few Greek people up here, I didn't know until I moved here, there is a big Greek Festival every year). Trista and Ryan were on earlier and have the cutest little boy.

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I liked seeing more about the guys as individuals in that Deanna special that aired before this week's episode. I like Jeremy a little now, since he seems to be good to his dog. I think Graham gorgeous, but I just don't feel that he is looking for a wife. I think Jesse is just adorable and has a great heart. I still think that the best guy there is Jason. He is so cute and seems so genuine with her. I love to look at his eyes when he talks about his boy. Very sweet. He is a good guy. If she isn't feeling it for him I hope she lets him go next so he doesn't get his feelings hurt even worse.

Melanie
06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Whoops! Was there an actual episode this week? I was tired last night, and turned it on to see that is was one of those "Tell All" shows, so I went to bed. I don't like those.

So who got sent home?

ChipnDaleGal
06-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Whoops! Was there an actual episode this week? I was tired last night, and turned it on to see that is was one of those "Tell All" shows, so I went to bed. I don't like those.

So who got sent home?

It was Twilly and Sean. So Jeremy, Jason, Graham and Jesse are all taking her to their home towns next week. You didn't miss a whle lot. Biggest thing might have been they all spent the week at a resort in Palm Springs and they all went four wheeling. She loved how fearless Jesse was during that and crossed over into having more romantic feelings for him. He never worked up the courage to kiss her, but she wanted him to.

FaithTrustPixieDust
06-20-2008, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=murphy1;1660283] I think her and Jason could get past their religious issues and he has had to be a grown up for awhile.QUOTE]

What religious issues do you mean? I must have missed whatever mention was made of that.

murphy1
06-21-2008, 08:24 PM
He is Jewish, she's Greek Orthodox. I have a few friends who are Catholic/Jewish relationships/marriages and it works.

ChipnDaleGal
06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
I don't know how in the world Deanna can decide what to do with these guys she has left. I think those might have been the four best home town dates ever! First off, I sure saw Jesse in a very different light. He seems like such a fun loving goofball, but he actually is one of the most serious guys there. I really liked him and his family. I have to admit that I liked Jeremy more again this episode, but there is still something about him that feels off. Jason was off the charts in the way he was with his little boy, and he seems to have a really great family as well. I know it hurt Deanna to let Graham go, but he was the one that I wanted to see her cut loose. He just does not seem to have the emotional stuff going on that she needs. I know she was crazy attracted to him and you could see how much it hurt her to send him away. But I thought his reaction was a little odd. He couldn't really look her in the eye. I think some of the comments that his own mother made were very telling... Graham seems like a loner, and afraid to trust for some reason. I hope that she can get past this and still have her happy ending. I have been pulling for Jason almost from the very beginning, but I also see the real potential in Jesse.

WDWFanatic
06-24-2008, 10:22 AM
After last night I'm really pulling for Jesse. I wonder if he really won't accept the key to her suite? He really seems to care for her and his family seemed very nice, well all the families seemed nice.

I also was glad to see her let Graham go. I think his mom all but told her to cut him loose, lol. But did she say he was the ONE guy she was falling in love with? I think she liked the challange.

As for Jeremy...way to robot, and like she said her life would be perfect. But would it be fun?

I really like Jason too, but I almost think he is TOO much into her. He's the one who is always excited to see her. I'm afraid he will get his heart broken. It was so hard to see him leave his little boy again.

blabbermouth
06-24-2008, 01:42 PM
As for Jeremy...way to robot, and like she said her life would be perfect. But would it be fun?

I'm with you on that. I personally would choose Jesse (I LOVE SNOWBOARDING!) but I think Jason would be the best match for her... as long as she can get over the kid! Which it maybe seems like she can't... I actually almost though she was gonna get rid of him last night!

As for Graham he clearly has issues, I have no idea what she saw in him and she def made the right decision b/c I think a guy like that would never be normal enough to really keep a woman happy (unless he just really hated the whole idea of being on camera).

murphy1
06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow, what a tough choice is right. I liked all the families they had on, how cute were Jesse's parents, it was so funny when he was skiing down that hill with her screaming. I have liked him for a long time. I like Jeremy and Jason, too. I am kind of pulling for Jeremy a bit more than the others, I think they both deserve some happiness in their lives. It seems like a lot of the guys have been jealous of him the whole time. I always like the Jeremy type very smart introvert guys. Grant needs to grow up, if you ever dated a guy like him (I have a few), then you were probably glad she cut him. Deanna shows a lot of maturity for her age.

I keep forgetting to post this from Ent. Tonight and I'm happy for her:
"I am very happy with the outcome," she tells ET when asked if she has found true love.

FaithTrustPixieDust
06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Glad she let Graham go, but I feel a bit sorry for whomever she is now with: He had to watch her tell Graham that he was the only one she was falling in love with. Ouch!

Melanie
06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Glad she let Graham go, but I feel a bit sorry for whomever she is now with: He had to watch her tell Graham that he was the only one she was falling in love with. Ouch!

Good point!

mjaclyn
06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I like all three guys that are left. They all have their pros and cons but I'm rooting for Jason. Here are my thoughts:

Jesse:
Incredibly nice guy with a great family. I personally don't see him as husband material though. Deanna has said a number of times that she is ready NOW for marriage and wants to have kids before she's 30. Jesse admitted that although he seems ready for a serious relationship, he's not ready for marriage yet. I don't think Deanna will find what she's looking for in Jesse.

Jeremy:
He also seems like a really nice guy who knows what he wants. I have to admit that his apartment was a little creepy to me...the man decorates better than I do!! And I couldn't believe his closet...Anyway, I also don't think that Deanna will find what she's looking for with his family. She loves big families and Jeremy doesn't have that. I do feel SO bad for him that his parents passed away. That IS definitely one thing that Deanna has in common with Jeremy that she doesn't have with the others. Still, I can't really see her with him in the end.

Jason:
SUPER nice guy and definitely husband & father material (as he's proven from experience). His large family is exactly what Deanna likes and is used to. The only thing I can see that may stop Deanna from choosing Jason is Ty. The connection between father in son is so incredibly moving it brought tears to my eyes. I'm just wondering if Deanna is worried about marrying a man that already has a child..and by extension an ex-wife. Other than that, I think Jason would be perfect for Deanna. If she can see past the ex-wife I think she'd be a great stepmom to Ty.

FINAL WORD: I hope she chooses Jason, but I can see her possibly picking Jeremy. I dont' think she'll choose Jesse.

WDWFanatic
06-27-2008, 11:13 AM
But how long will she stay with whomever she picks ;). The show does really have that great of a track record...

Who is still together? Trista and Ryan for sure, and I think Mary and Bryon(?), though she did get arrested for hitting him:thedolls:.

murphy1
06-27-2008, 11:18 AM
But how long will she stay with whomever she picks ;). The show does really have that great of a track record...

Who is still together? Trista and Ryan for sure, and I think Mary and Bryon(?), though she did get arrested for hitting him:thedolls:.

Your first statement is very true and I have to admit I am a little creeped out by people who "fall in love too fast" I mean they start professing crazy things after a couple of dates. You really do have to have a lot to make it through a longer haul. I think the girls have a better track record than all the guys. Oh, I saw that Lorenzo guy hocking dog shampoo on Home Shopping the other day.
I wonder if she really wants to move, too. I was only willing to leave Florida b/c I was in GA, just a short drive over and if we do move back, it won't be that hard, but we do visit a lot. She can't just go home whenever she would want to especially if she had kids with the guy.

KarenP
06-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I seem to be in the minority, but I hated to see her let Graham go. I really liked him and they had a very obvious attraction. He seemed to genuinely care for her. He just may have been one that has had a harder time showing his feelings this early on. I think their relationship needed more time to grow for him to open up. Deanna appeared to be most attracted to him out of all the guys.

My next pick is Jeremy. They seem to have a lot in common and be very attracted to each other. Although sometimes I think his feelings may be more intense than hers.

I like Jason but do not think he and Deanna have any chemistry.

I think she and Jesse have a lot of chemistry, but more as friends. Deanna does not seem interested in him romantically

WDWFanatic
06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
What is in store for tonight? Is anyone getting sent home or is it just the guys tell all and away dates?

I'm assuming someone will get sent home after the away dates and the two left will meet her family.

Any bets? I'm thinking Jesse might be going home. All I know for sure is she'll keep J.. and send home J.. hee hee. She must have something for guys who's names start with J

Melanie
07-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Yay! I'm very glad she sent Jeremy home. I never got over the creepy feeling with him.

murphy1
07-01-2008, 08:43 AM
I love both of these guys! Jessie is just too cute, but Jason is, too. I was watching the previews for next week at the end of the show last night and think she will pick Jason just b/c of the way she kissed both of them coming into the final rose thing.

WDWFanatic
07-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Me too! Did you see the look on his face when she said she was very happy and engaged?:jaw::eek:. Graham kind of came across as a jerk, sour grapes.

I really don't know who I hope she picks. I think they both really care for her, but does she like them as much....

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Well, my two personal favorite guys are the final two. That makes me happy and sad. I think they both really care about her and I hate to see one of these genuinely nice guys get their heart handed back to them. I almost wish she had kept Jeremy so he could be the one left out in the final episode.

I thought Jesse was very sweet and romantic with her on their fantasy date, but I still can't quite picture their lives fitting together. she is so ready for kids and real life. Jesse sounds like he doesn't even really know what he is going to do to support himself past his snowboarding.

I just love Jason. I think he and Deanna are both in that same place in their lives where they want a partner and a family. They sure had sparks on their date. It sure seems like they "fit" each other. I hope so. I am pulling more for Jason, but I hope she will get her happy ending with her choice. Maybe the one left can be the next Bachelor.

Disneypixie513
07-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I think whichever guy she sends home will make me cry. I love both of the guys alot. Jesse is just like a big ol' teddy bear. I just want to hug him. :blush: And i think DeAnna and Him look so cute together.
Jason is just a really sweet caring guy and has been my favorite since the beginning.
I really don't know who to root for at this point!
On a side note, Grahm was just a big dork and clueless at the "Men tell all" show. :/

murphy1
07-02-2008, 08:10 PM
The guy that creeped me out the most was the howling coyote one, he was plain scary!

I have one more thing, maybe I'm the odd one, but I think Jeremy is just plain hot. I would love for him to meet a nice lady some time and I think Deanna missed the boat. but she also has two great guys to choose from. I get really sad thinking about either of those sweet guys leaving, I usually like one of the final two more.

Heard something interesting for next week:

Someone is coming back, wonder who?????:secret:

murphy1
07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Well????

I was surprised, but who knows in the end. It will be interesting to see if they get married next year like they said. I really like Jessie.

wdwgrl377
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
YES! I was surprised as in the end of who was picked......it's not who I thought it would be....i was kinda disappointed, but then again she must have felt something more wiht him than the other two.

Oh and yes, Jeremy is HOT!! :D

Melanie
07-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I was very surprised, and honestly shocked that they were as into each other as they seemed.

Did they ever actually say how this was going to work? Is Deanna moving to Colorado?

And I thought that whole Jeremy thing was ridiculous. Move on creepy dude!

murphy1
07-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Mel, I totally cracked up when he came back, why would someone demean themself that way on TV??

I watched the show after where Shayne and Matt were on and it was too funny when she said he didn't fit in her bed and Chris says " I'm sure your parents will be happy to hear that"

LauraleeH
07-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I was shocked but very happy with her choice.

DeAnna can start her life with Jesse. Jesse can start his life with DeAnna.

ChipnDaleGal
07-09-2008, 07:26 AM
As the final episode unfolded I felt more and more that she was going to choose Jesse. There just seemed to be more chemistry and sparks flying between them. I think there was more of that there all along. The producers have to manipulate things to keep the tension and interest there so people tune in each week. I think they made it look more twisty than it really was to have her pick Jesse. I loved Jason, but I think he was definitely portrayed in a way that made most viewers believe he was the right choice. Then big twist she chooses "goofball" Jesse.

Just as I predicted for myself, the ending was both happy and sad. I do think Jason fell for Deanna. And I think his poor wounded heart just wanted to be in love and be part of a family again. It was heartbreaking to see the pain and confusion in his beautiful brown eyes when she made him get up from the proposal kneel. I am sad for him, but I hope this chance he took will lead him to a wonderful relationship and future happiness. He seems like a great guy. Surely a lot of women in Seattle will be stalking him now.

Jeremy is a walking creep-fest. It was so awkward to watch him grilling her as she was crying. I had to fast forward through most of that.

I had to cry right along with Jesse when he was doing those final interviews leading up to his arrival in the limo. As he talked about her and those tears quietly slid down his cheeks, it felt so honest and real. I think they are cute as heck together as a couple and they both seem really happy. I wish them all the luck in the world as they try to figure real life out together. I hope it works for them and they are a forever couple.

I also have to say that it was really nice to see Matt and Shayne. They are also very cute together and seem like a couple. They have great humor between them.

Melanie
07-09-2008, 08:52 AM
I also have to say that it was really nice to see Matt and Shayne. They are also very cute together and seem like a couple. They have great humor between them.

Yes, very goofy and REAL. I enjoyed seeing them.

DisneyFreak23
07-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I was soo sure that she was going to choose Jason. I guess not.....

mjaclyn
07-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Ugh! I was shocked when DeAnna chose Jesse. I also felt that her whole explanation was completely hypocritical. All along DeAnna was all about how she needed someone who knew exactly what he wanted because she knows exactly what she wants. THEN she goes and tells Jason that what she wanted changed during the process of the show! Now, I know you can't help who you fall in love with BUT why go on and on and ON about how she knows exactly what she wants only to change her mind about that? Weird.

I feel SO bad for Jason... he's such a nice guy and (it seemed) like he had everything DeAnna was looking for. I'm sure he'll find someone who is perfect for him and will love Ty as her own.

Melanie
07-25-2008, 07:10 AM

Yes, very goofy and REAL. I enjoyed seeing them.

Okay, guess not. :rolleyes: Oy, I swear every season I'm not going to watch this, but I always do. :bang:

From People.com:

Bachelor Matt Grant & Fiancée Shayne Lamas Split

Bachelor Matt Grant and fiancée Shayne Lamas have ended their short and often-rocky relationship, they tell PEOPLE.

"We tried hard to make it work but we realized that we were both heading in different directions," the two said in a statement to PEOPLE. "We truly care about each other and will remain close friends."

Neither would elaborate.

Grant, 27, and Lamas, 22, have been plagued with reports of trouble since their televised engagement on ABC's The Bachelor: London Calling in May.

One month later Grant told PEOPLE that he had moved out of Lamas's Century City condominium, citing a need for "space."

At the time Grant said the engagement was still on. "This stuff makes us stronger," he told PEOPLE.

Grant picked Lamas, an actress and the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas, from 25 female contestants vying for the English financier. In the show's conclusion, Grant not only presented the winning rose to Lamas, but also got down on one knee and popped the question with a 2.85-carat platinum and diamond eternity ring.

murphy1
07-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I just didn't see much hope for these two. She seems like the typical Hollywood spoiled brat to me. Matt, go for Meeps the girl you dumped, you can't go wrong with a girl from Northwest Florida!

LauraleeH
07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Matt, go for Meeps the girl you dumped, you can't go wrong with a girl from Northwest Florida!
Aww I forgot about her...I liked her a lot.

Melanie
08-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Not sure why, but I'm a little suprised by this.

Bachelorette Castoff Jason Embraces Bachelorhood

Los Angeles (E! Online) - When reality TV gives you lemons, you make prime-time lemonade.

Recent Bachelorette reject Jason Mesnick, whose heart DeAnna Pappas passed over in her own second-time-around quest for love, has signed on to be the new Bachelor when the ABC series returns in January 2009.

The hunky single dad from Seattle had been all primed to propose, ring and everything, when Pappas stopped him from getting down on one knee, leaving him—and plenty of viewers—crushed. Instead, she opted for 26-year-old snowboarder Jesse Csincsak.

Now Mesnick gets another shot at making the perfect match. The hunt is on for 25 ladies willing to bare their hearts, souls and, in some cases, claws on national TV.

Per ABC, the 32-year-old divorcé is "looking for a woman who has a real curiosity about the world, who loves life and can find passion in life's smallest moments" (and on its smallest screens).

The logistics are still being hammered out, but Chris Harrison, who hosts both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, told iFilm.com during the recent Television Critics Association press tour that Mesnick's 3-year-old son, Ty, "would have to take center stage."

When asked after that very public heartbreak whether he'd be up for another go-round, but this time as the decider, Mesnick told RealityTVWorld.com early last month that he'd consider it.

"You go into a process like this and you have no idea what to expect from it—me being this regular single dad from Seattle, you have no idea," he said. "But you can really find somebody in a show like that. If they look for the right people [to cast], anything is possible."

"I am in a place where I could start dating again, but to be honest, I don't even know how right now. My focus is on getting back to work and just being a dad…Right now, I'm just back to my everyday life with Ty and that's perfect for me."

Here's hoping Ty is ready for his close-up then.

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks for sharing that article Mel. I liked Jason a lot and would love to see him get a happy ending for himself and Ty.

Disneypixie513
08-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I saw that article the other day. I'm so excited. I'm glad he's going to be the next Bachelor.

LauraleeH
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Blah. I knew they were going to do that. He's kind of creepy. And he's going to put a 3 year old in the middle of this?