Anyone here a fan of VB?

mickey&missy
06-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Me! I'm sure there are more here too!

I have a lot of Vera Bradley bags!

LauraleeH
06-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Awesome! What do you have?

I have seen people wearing the backpacks at Disney and my cousin has the duffle bags so today I finally ordered some stuff and I've been on the site almost all day. I'm already addicted.

DizNee143
06-10-2008, 08:31 AM
so not a fan...but i see they have become real big all of a sudden..since there has alway sbeen bags like that out in the world!
those bags just remind me of old ladies..lol..sorry if that offends anyone..but they are just bags i see my grandma carrying..
but to each his own...maybe 40 from now ill be a fan of them..:D

crazypoohbear
06-10-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm not really a fan. I just can't see paying all that money for them. Sorry.

Jen C.
06-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I LOVE Vera Bradley. I am not offended by the old lady comments, because I am far from. I consider myself to be quite fashion forward, but love the preppy, simple styling. i definitely would not carry them to a black tie affair, or even to a less formal still dressy occasion, but for day to tday I love them for "knocking around".

I have the small duffel, large duffel, satchel, backsack, and mini hipster in many patterns. My daughter carries the large backpack, lunch pack and katie bag (she's 7, and loves the small size). We also have the umbrellas, cosmetic cases and travel cases for toiletries, as well as the dog collar, stationary, and lots more.

I'm not sure if you noticed or are even a fan, but this season on Desperate Housewives, both Terri Hatcher and Marcia Cross caried VB for diaper bags. I love the diaper bags! My latest infatuation with the line has come in the form of their household items. I am interested in the rugs, as well as the chandelier shade. Too cute!;)

SBETigg
06-10-2008, 09:58 AM
so not a fan...but i see they have become real big all of a sudden..since there has alway sbeen bags like that out in the world!
those bags just remind me of old ladies..lol..sorry if that offends anyone..but they are just bags i see my grandma carrying..
but to each his own...maybe 40 from now ill be a fan of them..:D

I agree with you! I've never understood the appeal. They look like something I made in middle school sewing class. If only I had known then! They are wildly popular.

jrpersinger
06-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Until recently, I had never even noticed them. I have always been a Dooney girl! Never really looked at anything but DB. Then I seen one of my friends with a VB and her DD carried the matching tote to our house with all her stuff for a sleep over in it. And I feel in love with them. For my birthday I asked DH for a large set of VB stuff. About 10 pieces in all. But then I seen that Disney is now making something similar to the VB stuff (see my post in Nightlife, Shops and WaterParks) and I think I want it. I will get the backpack at WDW no matter what and if I don't like it as well as the VB stuff, I will give it to my DD for school and buy the VB things when I return from WDW.

I never thought I would move away from DB. I have been carrying those since I was 12. But, I love the comfort feeling of VB and I love that you can wash them. With kids, thats a major plus. Oh, and DH loves that they are SOOOOoooooo much cheaper then DB. He said thats a bag addiction he can actually justify. LOL

LauraleeH
06-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I LOVE Vera Bradley. I am not offended by the old lady comments, because I am far from. I consider myself to be quite fashion forward, but love the preppy, simple styling. i definitely would not carry them to a black tie affair, or even to a less formal still dressy occasion, but for day to tday I love them for "knocking around".

I have the small duffel, large duffel, satchel, backsack, and mini hipster in many patterns. My daughter carries the large backpack, lunch pack and katie bag (she's 7, and loves the small size). We also have the umbrellas, cosmetic cases and travel cases for toiletries, as well as the dog collar, stationary, and lots more.

I'm not sure if you noticed or are even a fan, but this season on Desperate Housewives, both Terri Hatcher and Marcia Cross caried VB for diaper bags. I love the diaper bags! My latest infatuation with the line has come in the form of their household items. I am interested in the rugs, as well as the chandelier shade. Too cute!;)
Exactly ;) I'm 20 and I have a baby face (People think I'm 14-15) so there's no way I'm going to look old using them. Actually, I used to say the same things when I'd see them, but somehow they've grown on me.

Wow, you have a lot! I just ordered a small duffel and a couple of other things. Do you bring your backpack to Disney?

I heard about that! I missed a few episodes so I didn't see it, but that's awesome! DeAnna from The Bachelorette was carrying a small duffel last night. It's nice to see it on tv :)
Oh I agree...I was checking out a few rugs myself ;)

LauraleeH
06-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Until recently, I had never even noticed them. I have always been a Dooney girl! Never really looked at anything but DB. Then I seen one of my friends with a VB and her DD carried the matching tote to our house with all her stuff for a sleep over in it. And I feel in love with them. For my birthday I asked DH for a large set of VB stuff. About 10 pieces in all. But then I seen that Disney is now making something similar to the VB stuff (see my post in Nightlife, Shops and WaterParks) and I think I want it. I will get the backpack at WDW no matter what and if I don't like it as well as the VB stuff, I will give it to my DD for school and buy the VB things when I return from WDW.

I never thought I would move away from DB. I have been carrying those since I was 12. But, I love the comfort feeling of VB and I love that you can wash them. With kids, thats a major plus. Oh, and DH loves that they are SOOOOoooooo much cheaper then DB. He said thats a bag addiction he can actually justify. LOL
I will have to check out the Disney stuff, though I am not one to mix and match. But I could definitely look...

I'm a Coach girl. I think Coach is even more than Dooney, I'm not sure. But I just spent $400 on a Coach tote (Regret) and I paid $37.50 for my new Vera Bradley purse. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to buy Coach again.
That's funny about your DH...typical guy! ;)

MNNHFLTX
06-10-2008, 01:54 PM
I am not a fan, but my mother-in-law is. Last Fall when she and my father-in-law were here visiting we went on a Vera Bradley shopping mission. Apparently her cousin had a couple of bags and so she felt compelled to "keep up" with her. They are very competitive that way! ;)

Jen C.
06-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I usually bring a backsack (lighter than a backpack) for my kids, and I carry the mini hipster messanger style when we go to Disney.

mickey&missy
06-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Awesome! What do you have?

I have seen people wearing the backpacks at Disney and my cousin has the duffle bags so today I finally ordered some stuff and I've been on the site almost all day. I'm already addicted.

I have a lot! I'm thinking of selling some on ebay I have so many but then I think I may miss them! I have a bunch of petal pink, a few java blue, a few pink toile, a capri blue bowler etc... I could go on but I see $$$$!! LOL! I love bags!

LauraleeH
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I have a lot! I'm thinking of selling some on ebay I have so many but then I think I may miss them! I have a bunch of petal pink, a few java blue, a few pink toile, a capri blue bowler etc... I could go on but I see $$$$!! LOL! I love bags!
Ooh, I like Java Blue...and Petal Pink! My cousin has Petal Pink so I always think of her when I see it.
If you do decide to sell some on ebay, will you send me a message on here to let me know first?