PDA

View Full Version : Water park crowds

Momof5
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I've been working through the beginnings of a schedule for our upcoming trip at the end of August. My crowd wants to visit a water park. We haven't decided which one, but our plan was to visit one first thing in the morning and get out of there around lunch time when the crowds become crazy.

My brother (an intercotee and DVC member who goes to the World a few times per year) insists that we could get to the park late in the afternoon and stay until closing because he says the crowds really thin out late in the afternoon.

Novice though I am, I don't believe him. Do you all think the crowds think out significantly toward the end of the afternoon in late August? I think the water parks will be mobbed at this time.

dumbomydumbo
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Your brother is right, however our family likes to get up early and get to park. We have been picked at both Typhoon and Blizzard as the family of the day. The early bird gets the best pick on chairs and about 2 or 3 we go back to hotel for showers and naps. We head out for dinner and pack to the parks when the sun is down and it is cooler.:mickey::thumbsup:

Tink2002
06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
The crowds do thin out, but for good reason - it gets really hot and there are a lot of people packed in during the early afternoon, causing many people to head out. We're usually one of them. If you're there when it opens you'll still get to do some of the larger slides that draw crowds once or twice before the wait is outrageous, and you won't wilt away in the heat, either.:)

SpecJoe Magic
06-15-2008, 03:56 AM
I like to get there at opening. You can do most or all of the major slides before the bulk of the guests arrive, and then that leaves you time to do other activities in the evening. I've never tried your brother's method.

chelly4568
06-15-2008, 08:38 AM
It also sorta depends on weather. If it is really hot its gonna be REALLY crowded. If its not really hot its not gonna be really crowded. And if you get there early, and there isnt a lot of people there get on the rides that you want to do so later when the park is REALLY crowded you don't have to wait in the lines. Also think of the disney parks(animal kingdom epcot etc.) in the morning the parks aren't that crowded but around 12 the parks are mobbed.

Hope that helped..:mickey:

Brownie54
06-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Keep an eye on the weather a few days before you go. It seems that in the summertime Orlando gets into weather patterns. You may find thunderstorms developing late in the afternoon on a regular basis. If that is the case, I'd stick to the morning. As others have said, get there at opening and ride all the slides.

Piglet822
06-15-2008, 12:27 PM
The afternoon showers that we experience in the summer usually only last for a short period of time - it's the typical weather pattern here during this time of year.
If you do go the water park in the afternoon and experience one of our thunderstorms, try to wait it out. You'll almost have the park to yourselves after that because most people leave when the rain starts.

Brownie54
06-18-2008, 09:15 AM
The afternoon showers that we experience in the summer usually only last for a short period of time - it's the typical weather pattern here during this time of year.
If you do go the water park in the afternoon and experience one of our thunderstorms, try to wait it out. You'll almost have the park to yourselves after that because most people leave when the rain starts.

EXCELLENT POINT!!!