PDA

View Full Version : T-REX resturant

italiangrl.08
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
So is this new T-rex resturant, is it open? If so how is it! We are planning to go there, and since it's new we were just wondering- well if the food was good!

Thanx!:mickey:

CAS
06-09-2008, 07:05 PM
We've been to the one in Kansas City and by what others have said I didn't think we'd like it but we surprisingly did! It was loud but the theming was great and the food was above average.

You have to get the smores dessert. You get the whole setup! Graham crackers, marshmellows, full size Hershey bars, etc...and you get your very own sterno flame to cook it at your table. To be honest it kind of seemed like a bit of a fire hazard (unsupervised flaming marshmellows and such...I had one going that I got a little nervous about) so I don't know how long they'll be doing it but it was awesome! The dessert serves several people.

wendy*darling
06-09-2008, 07:14 PM
It is not open yet. I know they are making progress, but the outside of the building is still not finished, so I doubt it will be open too soon.

Keep a watch on the News tab above and here in the Dining Forum for updates.

Dakota Rose
06-09-2008, 10:57 PM
The menu appears really limited. Any of you who have been to the KC restaurant, can you tell us about the menu and the food? Maybe in comparison to Rainforest? It's probably way too much for babies, I'm guessing?

buzznwoodysmom
06-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I would be surprised if the one in Disney does the smores. If you've eaten at any of the other Rainforest cafe's and order the volcano it comes with lit sparklers on it. In disney they just put a little decoration on top. I think it would be too much of a fire hazard for them to do it. It would be a fun experience though.

GabbyJacobsmom
06-10-2008, 08:58 AM
A CM on the dining line told me this morning it is setup as a counter service.

Is this your experience with the one in Kansas?

She said it wasn't coming up as a table service for making reservations in December.