PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge

italiangrl.08
06-09-2008, 05:57 PM
We are going to disney in January, there are six of us plus my grandparents! Eight people, so we are probably going to get the two bedroom villa! Sooo my question is How is it? :thumbsup: or :down:

What do they have to do? How close is everything? And from what i have seen from Disney's website, it looks really spa like....is that true? ANY info is helpful !:D

Thanks for your help! :princess:

wendy*darling
06-10-2008, 08:08 AM
The Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful resort, and considered one of the Magic Kingdom resorts. It is not on the monorail line, but is a quick boat ride to the MK.
The lobby is gorgeous! It has a Pacific Northwest feel to it. The restaurants range from counter service (Roaring Forks) to family dining(Whispering Canyon) to Signature Dining (Artist Point).
There is a main pool with a slide and a quiet pool. You can rent watercraft for use in Bay lake/Seven Seas Lagoon.

There is no spa on-site, but they do have a fitness facility.

You are also close to Fort Wilderness (boat ride away) for Hoop Dee Doo Revue, walking trails and the nightly movie and campfire with Chip & Dale.

If you are reserving a 2 bedroom villa, you will not be in the main building, but in the DVC building right adjacent. The villas are comfy and spacious. The 2 br comes with a master bedroom with a king bed, a 2nd bedroom with 2 queen beds (if it is a dedicated 2br) or a queen bed and a sleeper sofa (if it is a lock off 2br). The living room has another double sleeper sofa. There is a full kitchen and a washer/dryer in the villa as well. The master bath also has a jacuzzi tub!
WL is one of our Home Resorts as DVC Members. We love it here! :thumbsup:

Fryguy
06-10-2008, 09:03 AM
We have stayed there in a two bedroom and loved it! The boat ride over to MK is great - relaxing and quiet.

You will have a great time! Oh, and the restaurants are wonderful!

RBrooksC
06-10-2008, 11:17 AM
My wife, son and I stayed there last September and we were spoiled to the point where we don't want to stay elsewhere.

The music that is played is fantastic and, IMHO, sets the tone of the resort perfectly. The "hot spring" in the lobby becomes a stream, that becomes a waterfall that becomes the pool which is rather neat.

Whispering Canyon is a great place to eat. Just make sure you ask for ketchup or more crayons.

The boat ride to the Contemporary or MK is great. I thought it was one of the best ways to get to any park.

If you can spare some time, rent the speed boats and go out onto Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. I did that and it was fantastic. To be able to control where you go and get close to MK, and the monorail resorts is great.

pox24
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Fabulous:thumbsup:

italiangrl.08
06-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks guys, i am really syched to go now!
We are def. considering some of th things you suggested!:waycool: !!!!!!

Thanx

Camping Mom
06-18-2008, 08:09 PM
We can't afford to stay there and usually camp at Ft. Wilderness in our trailer. BUT one of our favorite things to do is ride the boat to WL and sit in the lobby. WE LOVE the atmosphere and the feel of the place. We just soak it up! Have a super time.

playdead88
06-19-2008, 06:31 AM
we loved every second of our stay at the WL :cloud9:

Coach48
06-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Our first sit down meal of every trip is at Whispering Canyon.The kids love it,it's loud,food is great.The overall atmosphere of the resort is tremendous.My mom and dad and in-laws stayed there in 05 and loved it.