PDA

View Full Version : Planet Hollywood

PetefromRI
06-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Is Planet Hollywood any good?We're thinking of going to dinner there after Cirque.We were going to go to Captain Jacks but my brother said it was horrible when they went.

GrmGrninGost
06-09-2008, 05:42 PM
When we went last year the food was really good! The service was also very good! Also, we really enjoyed all the movie props, etc.! However, the place was sooooooo loud we could not hold a conversation at our table. We had to yell at our waiter to be heard. We will not be going back, but if REALLY loud music doesn't bother you, I would recommend it!

Guya103
06-09-2008, 07:46 PM
To be honest, We ate there once a few years back and would not go back. The noise level is unbearable and the food was nothing special. For the price I would go to Bongo's on the West Side. It has a great atmosphere and is fun! The food's great too!:mickey:

Gator
06-09-2008, 08:44 PM
The food is average at best. The decor is very Hollywood, which seems a little tacky in this restaurant. The service is also very slow. But I was there in the summer, so it's probably a lot more busy at that time period.

Natazu
06-09-2008, 09:02 PM
It's just another chain cookie-cutter restaurant. There are much better places at DTD... Puck's, HOB, and I think Cap'n Jack's is better. The menu is limited but the food is pretty good.

MickeyMousse
06-10-2008, 10:11 AM
We went to PH on our last trip and much to our surprise, the food was very good! :thumbsup:
We also had a bad experience at Cap'n Jacks-the food was horrible and cost nearly twice as much as PH. :spend:

disneyfan328
06-10-2008, 12:10 PM
We went to PH for the first time ever last September and although it was loud, the music kept our two younger ones ( 6 & 8) entertained. I thought that the food was great. only thing that wasn't liked was the chicken finger apetizer. The tostados things they have were really really good. we wished we had gotten two orders of those. everything else is "Chain" food, cheese steaks, salads ect but we thought it was all good, and they had a deal on shirts at the gift shop as well. Over all I would reccomend it as a try it once and see if you like it. You'll never know until you go. We see great reviews on here all the time for LTT. We did that one as well, and I thought that it was downright awful. The only part of the meal I even slightly enjoyed was the salad with that vinagrette dressing and the apple crumb stuff for desert. The meat was dry and no flavor, and everything else was tasted boxed (except for maybe the mashed potatoes, they were ok)( ie it is sponsored by Stouffers duh) I also was not impressed by the character interaction there. However lots of people on here love it there so in my opionion you should always try something once and hey if you have a bad expierence, don't go back. Life lessons learned i guess.

anyway I give PH a :thumbsup:

BlueDorrie
06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Food at PH is meh, nothing to write home about. The place is extremely loud and I had a hard time carrying on a conversation with DH without resorting to screaming. I've only been there once and I have not gone back again. There's plenty of places to eat that are much better than PH.

PetefromRI
06-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Allright,I'm having some brain gas,What's LTT?

snerd475
06-10-2008, 06:54 PM

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK.

We're going to La Nouba as well, and after extensive research, we settled on Wolfgang Puck. Good luck with your planning!

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
We're going to La Nouba as well, and after extensive research, we settled on Wolfgang Puck. Good luck with your planning!

Ditto for us!

#1donaldfan
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
PH was just ok....not bad, but not good either....we had a 15% off coupon when we went and I still felt "cheated"....the food was just the typical found everywhere type of food.

Try Fulton's ....... now that's some great eating at DtD...:thumbsup:

Natazu
06-11-2008, 03:00 AM
brain gas :funny:

bruin1344
06-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Planet Holywood is ok, i prefer to eat at other DTD restaurants or try ones ive never eaten at

PetefromRI
06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for all the replies.We're on the DDP so our choices are pretty limited.I'll agree though that we think Fulton's is the best.Thanks again for all your help.I'd go somewhere else but the show ends at 7:30 and I'm afraid that by the time we got to epcot or another resort it would be pretty late,I'm still up for a change though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
:mickey: WE ate there on our last trip and had good food and excellent service....it was very loud though....we are trying Raglan Road this time, it is on the Dining Plan as well.

mainemajor
06-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Loved the food last year. The service was also very good. Been there several times and have always enjoyed the food.
It is LOUD though. If you want a place to have a quiet relaxing meal then this is not for you