PDA

View Full Version : Kids Using The DDP

Breochaid
06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
We will be going on our next trip to the world with extended family who will be staying at the same resort but in different rooms. One of the days I will be babysitting my two nieces, ages 4 & 6. I will be taking them to Animal Kingdom and then back to the resort and maybe the pool. I expect that I will have them for 2 meals. We were going to use quick services for both, as we all will have the dining plan. :eat: How do the kids "pay" for thier meals? Will they each recieve thier own room key cards with the dining credits on. In that case, would they have to sign thier reciept or could I do it for them? I can't seem to find an answer to this. I asked a CM on the phone while making ADR's yesterday, but she wasn't sure either. TIA! :rocks:

LauraF
06-09-2008, 04:24 PM
If you are booked on the same reservation as them then your accounts will be linked. So therefore all your meals, adult and child are pooled and you can buy all their meals for them and you only have to sign one bill using your card. (Though I don't know if kids that young even get issued cards.)

If you're on different ressies, I'm not sure how that would work, having never run into that situation. I still doubt young kids would get or need to sign cards.

cindyrellinut
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
If you are on different ressies it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you have one of their KTTW cards with you. Each person adult or child will receive a card with their name printed on it and all of the dining credits for the entire party. You should also be able to sign for their meals without it being a problem either, even if they are on a different reservation. My DS3 received a card with his name on it last year. It was so cute!:thumbsup: Hope this helps.:mickey:

Young@Heart
06-10-2008, 12:34 AM
As long as you have one of their cards w/ you, you should be able to use it, and just sign for them. :mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-10-2008, 01:57 PM
It should be easy as long as they have their own key to the world card. You basically will swipe one of thier cards and it will deduct the meals from their rooms DDP's.

jonahbear2006
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
all of the key to the world cards have dining plan attached to them, so they should be able to use their meals. If this is not that case with children's cards, which the resort should be able to tell you at check in, then you can use two of yours and tell their family that at some point in the trip that they owe you two dining plan meals for each child, and at that point, use their card. I don't think I ever signed counter service tickets for ddp. You will for table services though. I don't think it really matters, as long as it is signed. Some people can't even read so they just say, make your mark, so to speak. I am sure disney will have a way for you to work this out.

Jarrod
06-10-2008, 11:51 PM
We just returned and had the DDP and my 9 year old son was able to go purchase counter service and snack options without us at the pool bar/cafe and the Marketplace at BC just using his KTTW card. We never signed on the counter service meals anywhere. The only signatures required were on the table service meals.