PDA

View Full Version : 52 minutes on hold - Is this normal?

Disney1977
06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
This morning at 7 a.m. I called to make my ADR for December and was on hold for 52 minutes before a cast member helped me. The call took a total of 1 hour and 23 minutes for 8 reservations. Is this normal?

On July 2nd I want to try and make dinner reservations for LeCelliers, should I anticipate a 1 hour call then too?

Thanks for your help.

faberj
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I was on hold 1 hour and 6 minutes before I got a CM to make my reservations this morning.

Ropachs
06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I think the wait times get better as it gets later. My wait was 22 minutes when I called at 2pm, on a weekday. I only waited 8 minutes at 9pm on a Sunday. A few more operators would sure help!

TheRustyScupper
06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
52 minutes on hold - Is this normal?

1) What a deal.
2) You got off lucky.
3) What is your secret?

mickeytravel
06-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Good luck trying to get a adr at LeCellier. We are going then too and LeCellier was all booked unless you wanted to eat at 9:30PM:mad:

wendy*darling
06-09-2008, 09:43 PM
You're getting into the early December time frame here- THE most popular time for DVC Members. And most of them make ADRs.

Next is Christmas.
I would say any time between now and making ADRs through Christmas/New Year's week will be crazy on the phone.

If you are calling on July 2- then you are hoping for an ADR on Dec 29th. Good luck. That week is THE busiest time for the Whole World!!! :D

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Do the lines open at 7 or 8???

Gator
06-09-2008, 11:40 PM
This is the Great Paradox of Intercot. It provides us (from the mega-osters to the lurkers with just a handful of posts) with information on how to get the best out of your WDW vacation. The downside is, everyone gets the same info. And now, no one can get ressies at Le Cellier for the evening. It makes me wonder how much more valuable info I'm willing to freely give out, undoubtedly at the cost of my own vacation's completeness.

*Liz*
06-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Do the lines open at 7 or 8???

7am :mickey:

lighteningqueen
06-10-2008, 01:45 AM
We are going Dec 6-14th and this morning I called at about 8am. Disney time is 7 then. I was on hold maybe 4 minutes after punching all the ones and 2's ha ha and got everything I wanted and around 5 each night got all the charachter breakfast 4 booked at all the times I wanted. Go figure. Could it be that I was a repeat customer??? Our first time was last Dec 8-15th. I called in Sept and got everything as well there.... hummmmmmmmm

SurferStitch
06-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Wow, that seems long!

When I booked our ADR's for our December '07 trip, don't think I was on hold more than 5 minutes or so. I called in at 7:00 am (like always----UGH!).

When I booked or October ADR's for this year, I didn't even go on hold. I got right through. I had to call back for a few days for places like Raglan Road and Yak and Yeti, and didn't wait more than a couple minutes for them either.

Might just be luck of the draw.

SBETigg
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
I always call at around one p.m. and I've never been on hold for more than five minutes. I've never had problems getting my ADRs, even Le Cellier. I make my hard-to-get reservations first and I schedule them for the later days of my ten-day trip. It's no guarantee, but I would be willing to risk it vs. staying on the line for an hour on hold. I'm sure this is harder to manage for shorter trips.

wendy*darling
06-10-2008, 07:25 AM
This is the Great Paradox of Intercot. It provides us (from the mega-osters to the lurkers with just a handful of posts) with information on how to get the best out of your WDW vacation. The downside is, everyone gets the same info. And now, no one can get ressies at Le Cellier for the evening. It makes me wonder how much more valuable info I'm willing to freely give out, undoubtedly at the cost of my own vacation's completeness.
I understand your concern, however, Intercot is by NO means the only Disney planning discussion board out there. We (all of us on discussion boards) still represent a minority of the visitors to WDW each year. I feel bad for the people who don't have a clue when they walk through the gates!

We are going Dec 6-14th and this morning I called at about 8am. Disney time is 7 then. Congrats on getting everything you wanted!
However- if you called when it was 8am in Texas- it was actually 9am in Orlando!

Tinkermom07
06-10-2008, 07:57 AM
I had this problem yesterday too. I called at around 7:30am, and was on hold for a little over an hour (on my cell phone, no less!). Talked to my cousin who is going with me, and she wanted to change something, so I called back (now around 8:45), and it was only 3 minutes. Guess everyone tries before they go to work.

princessbellemom
06-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I was on hold for quite sometime also and that has never happened before. I got all of my adrs including Le Cellier but I was not expecting such a wait to get a CM.

SAHDad
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I think for our last trip, I was on hold for less than 2 minutes (if that - I don't know if it even finished the "all operators are busy" spiel), but I called about 9 am eastern. I didn't get exactly the times I wanted, but scored within 10-15 minutes of them.

bigbabyblues
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I wonder if it has something to do with WDW releasing the November AND December hours at the same time last week? People (planning people, I guess) have had enough time at this point to figure out where they want to be on what day, and now they're ready to make ADRs. I don't know, that's just my guess.

We're going Thanksgiving week, and I went ahead and made ADRs at 180 days out without the hours, and now I'm glad I did.

Good luck to all those calling soon!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I wonder if it has something to do with WDW releasing the November AND December hours at the same time last week? People (planning people, I guess) have had enough time at this point to figure out where they want to be on what day, and now they're ready to make ADRs. I don't know, that's just my guess.

We're going Thanksgiving week, and I went ahead and made ADRs at 180 days out without the hours, and now I'm glad I did.

Good luck to all those calling soon!

I'm glad my husband and I made our ADR'S too! We're going from November 24th thru December 5th. We made ours at the 180 mark and glad we did. The hours might have been posted late but for the majority our reservations fit well with the hours each day on our trip. Let the countdown begin...166 days:sulley::stitch::dumbo::mjump:

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2008, 07:37 PM
7am :mickey:

Then 52 minutes??? Dag.... I would have lost patience and hung up...

disneydeb
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Good luck trying to get a adr at LeCellier. We are going then too and LeCellier was all booked unless you wanted to eat at 9:30PM:mad:

Yesterday I booked Le Cellier at 9:30 and was glad to get it, my alternate days were booked! :thumbsup:

I had the number loaded into my phone, watched an atomic clock and pressed the dial button at 6:59:57, I was on hold for 40 minutes, but I got all I asked for.:D

Speedy1998
06-10-2008, 08:37 PM
I think the wait times get better as it gets later. My wait was 22 minutes when I called at 2pm, on a weekday. I only waited 8 minutes at 9pm on a Sunday. A few more operators would sure help!

I do not think it is an operator problem, I think it is a capacity problem. It becomes a debate over the cost of extra lines vs. the benefit of having them when it is only really busy first thing in the morning. Personnally, I will only call first thing in the morning if we are trying to get into CRT for our DD.

Mickey91
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I usually don't have to wait near that long. One time, not so long ago, I did wait about 45 minutes. I actually called with my husbands phone after about 30 minutes and got through on his phone before mine. I think you get lost in the system sometimes.:confused:

Marceline
06-10-2008, 09:30 PM
It sounds a tad long to me.

I got up at 6am, dialed on the dot and sat there sleepily listening to pleasant Disney tunes for about 15 minutes then made my 9 ADR's and got every single one of my times as desired.

Not braggin'...just sayin'......:fresh:

JERSEYDISFAN
06-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Part of the problem may be there are just too many of us Intercotees that are utilizing the 7:00 AM opening call ploy. I reversed the strategy today and called Disney Dining at 11:00 AM ET and got right through on the first ring. Made all my ADRs, one 20 minutes later than requested and a second one 5 minutes later than requested (side note - I was not trying for a Le Cellier reservation). The rest all were made as requested. Just have to call back tomorrow to get our Blue Zoo reservation (they don't honor the 180 days +10 window).

AHOTE
06-12-2008, 01:15 AM
WOW! I'm sorry to hear that so many had such problems. We'll be there from 11/2 to 11/9, for Food & Wine. I called for my ADR's 170 days out, I was waiting for Nov. hours to be posted, I just couldn't wait any longer. I called at 4PM and my call went right through. I got all the reservations I requested at times I wanted except one and the entire call lasted 14 minutes. I guess it pays not to be an early riser. LeCellier was the first reservation I asked about because of what I've read in other posts. I had figured it would be the most difficult to get. I wanted 7:00 PM but I had to settle for 6:55 PM, LOL. BTW my ADR"s are;
Kona Cafe, 6:30 PM
Narcoossee's 8:00 PM
Yak & Yati 5:00 PM
Raglan Irish Pub 7:00 PM
Mama Melrose 6:00 PM
LeCellier 6:55 PM
Califonia Grill 7:30 PM
San Angel Inn 12:00 PM
Now all we need is affordable airfare...