PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental

sonkist32
06-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Where/what is the closest major car rental spot at the port?

Thanks!

ElenitaB
06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Not sure if it's the closest, but I consider Budget to be the most convenient (for me, at least). They're located in MCO and run a shuttle to port. Their rates are pretty good too! :thumbsup:

sonkist32
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm looking for one that is actually at the port. We get off cruise in the am but flight out does not leave until 6pm. I want to rent a car right away and head to a park.

TammiMcMan
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
There are no car rental agencies at the port. Some provide shuttles, others do not. Most open at 7:30am or 8am depending on the day of the week. Here's the address for the port if you want to mapquest the locations, 9150 Charles M Rowland Drive, Zip Code 32920

Here are a few that offer shuttles:

Enterprise, 6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Zip Code 32920

Avis, 6650 North Atantic Avenue, Zip Code 32920

Budget , 8401 Astronaut Blvd., Zip Code 32920

Hertz, 8960 Astronaut Blvd., Zip Code 32920

If you really need the convenience of having the car available to you immediately, then it may be worth it to you to rent the car prior to your cruise and leave it in the port parking lot. I believe the current parking fee is $12 per day.

DisneyDudet
06-09-2008, 04:33 PM
From the most up-to-date guidebook, it shows that there is a new Hertz location, just 2 miles from the port. Avis is 4 miles from the port, and will probably offer the cheapest rate. Another company, like Ellen mentioned, is Budget, which is 3 miles from the port. These are the three that offer the complimentary shuttle service. National and Alamo have an office at the port, but don't offer shuttle service, which does not make them as convenient. I would check all three companies for the cheapest rate for the time you go, and for what you want.

I would double check on how their shuttle system works, whether they have them coming in regular intervals, or if there is a different system they use
(courtesy phone, scheduled pick up time, etc).

Also, if you are looking for convenience on rental return (I assume at the airport), double check with the companies to see if they offer on-site return. I know Hertz is off site, so you'll have to take, yet, another shuttle if you choose them.

Also, I think that parking at the port is $15/day.

sonkist32
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. I'll find one with shuttle pick up and on-site drop off @ MCO

TammiMcMan
06-09-2008, 09:19 PM
From the most up-to-date guidebook, it shows that there is a new Hertz location, just 2 miles from the port. Enterprise is where the Hertz used to be located. I have the physical address for the new Hertz in my post above.

Avis & Enterprise both have excellent customer service and may meet others advertised prices. Thrifty charges a drop off fee, so you may want to avoid that one.

Car agencies located on site at MCO, include Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Budget, National, EZ Rent a Car, L & M Car Rental.