PDA

View Full Version : Looking out for #1

azdisneymom
06-09-2008, 12:29 AM
What was the best thing you planned for yourself? Go to one of the spas? Enjoy shopping - alone. Treat yourself to a decadent dessert?

I am looking for something new to do with some 'me' time on my next trip. Any suggestions?

mouseketeer mom
06-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Mine was 2 special things...
1) This was simple, but sooo enjoyable. I walked from the CR to the MK while the rest of my family stayed behind at the pool. I savored Main Street by myself. I shopped at the Emporium for as long as I wanted, I sat on a bench by the castle and smiled. And people watched. And smiled some more. I loved this afternoon by myself.
2) I took the monorail from the CR to the GF and had a fantastic blow out ( that lasted for a few days!) from Clarabel at the Ivy Trellis Salon. It only took about an hour to monorail over, get it done, then I met up with my gang at Epcot. Worth every penny.:mickey:

ltam16
06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I spent a morning in Epcot walking around the World Showcase and taking my time to look in all the shops (with all the breakables!) without my dh and 2 kids. They stayed back at the hotel swimming. I watched all the movies, went on all the rides, looked at every shop and had a great lunch in China. It was really nice and relaxing. It has actually become one of my favorite memories of WDW.

dfamasb
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
On our last trip while staying at POP I managed some quiet time while DH and kids were sleeping. I walked around the entire resort checking out everything. It was so quiet and peaceful, especially along the lake.

Momof2boys
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
I did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour last trip and then met hubby and the boys at Disney Quest afterwards.

elmjimmlm
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
I know that this will sound silly but to start off with I am not a thrill rider...When my family is off to ride I actually do enjoy sitting and waiting on them to ride...It gives me time to myself and I can have my very own drink that I dont have to share with any kids...
One year there was a long wait at Test Track and I was able to go into Mouse Gear and spend over an hour by myself looking around...That was a highlight of my trip that year...

WriteDisney
06-09-2008, 01:06 PM
dessert anywhere in France (boulangerie pattesserie is very good)

:)

Jasper
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Mine would be in the same vein as so many others have already mentioned. Just time spent at various parks and resorts just wandering around, spending as much time in the shops that I wanted to go into and skipping over those that don't interest me. Being able to spend as much time looking at the breakables without the kids. Being able to spend as much time in the really dorky places and looking at the really dorky things that no one else in my family likes. And most of all being able to ride the Carousel of Progress 5 times in a row :D:D:D without anyone else in my family complaining that they had already seen it and didn't want to go again!

Marceline
06-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Last trip my DH and DD were getting cranky and just wanted to go back to the resort, but I was up for Illuminations. So they went back for some Daddy-Daughter downtime and I had the most lovely evening making my way around WS by myself, taking everything in, window shopping.

This next trip I have scheduled in an evening like this. :thumbsup:

KineGirl
06-09-2008, 02:50 PM
My favorite ME things in the World usually seem to involve alcohol :blush:

Wandering WS on my own grabbing a couple of cocktails along the way and shopping.

I really enjoyed getting a pina colava at last call from the bar at AKL and sitting at the beautiful fire pit by myself in one of the rocking chairs - s-s-s-o-o-o l-a-a-z-y :cloud9:

We also usually bring a nice bottle of wine with us down with us and I LOVE grabbing a glass of it and taking it to whatever patio we have, late late night, and soaking up the quiet while reading a book by one of those book lights - if Im at AKL on the savannah its even better! :cloud9:

Probably my favorite though is getting up a little earlier than everyone else (which is not really that early - we're a bunch of late risers compared to most in WDW) and hitting the workout room for a half an hour. Then going back to the room and doing yoga w/ my Ipod in front of whatever view our villa has - lake, golf course, savannah, etc.. . It gives me zen and the extra energy I need to keep up with my non stop 17 y.o. Disneycrazy kid, who even when the EMH park closes, wants to swim for an hour. :cloud9:

Gator
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Getting up at 4am (west coast) and getting all the ressies I wanted. That's the best thing I could come up with. I can't imagine a moment away from my kids at WDW.

azdisneymom
06-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I burn so easily that dh and kids have to go to the water parks by themselves. The first year it was difficult to be away from them. It got easier last year and I spent the time at dtd shopping. It has taken a long time for me to realize that it is OK to spend time away from the family and with your help I am looking forward to some me time. :blush: Thanks!