PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Purses that look like the Vera ones?

jrpersinger
06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Where can you buy them? And what sizes and colors do they come in. For my bday I asked for a Vera set but then I seen on ebay they have Mickey ones that are like the Vera bags and I would prefer those. I want a backpack, tote, purse and wallet (travel organizer by vera).

We go to WDW in a few days and I really want to get the backpack for the time we are there. Could I pick one up at the Poly, GF or maybe DTD?

TIA!

DisnIse
06-08-2008, 11:19 AM
The first time we saw them (January), we only saw them at the Contemporary gift shop, but by spring break, we found them at DTD and MouseGears, and several other places along the way.
I don't think you'd have a problem finding them, but you can always ask a store CM to make some calls to track one down.
My mom has one, and I have a ton of Vera Bradley backpacks, and they're virtually identical in style and quality. She just has the way-cooler fabric!!!

asramears
06-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Are you talking about the Mickey Signature line? I just looked them up on ebay and disney.com. They are really cute! Are these the ones the 2nd poster found at DTD etc?

jrpersinger
06-08-2008, 04:05 PM
I am not sure if thats what they are called or not. Here is what they look like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/jrpersinger/108d_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v462/jrpersinger/143b_2.jpg

jrpersinger
06-08-2008, 04:31 PM
The first time we saw them (January), we only saw them at the Contemporary gift shop, but by spring break, we found them at DTD and MouseGears, and several other places along the way.
I don't think you'd have a problem finding them, but you can always ask a store CM to make some calls to track one down.
My mom has one, and I have a ton of Vera Bradley backpacks, and they're virtually identical in style and quality. She just has the way-cooler fabric!!!

Thanks! We are staying at SOG and I was hoping to be able to run across the street and buy one before we head to the parks. We don't currently have a backpack for this trip. I was going to get the Vera Pink Elephants stuff before we left --get it? Pink Elephants -- Dumbo! ;) But then I seen this stuff on Ebay and said I would much rather have it. I would just have to make due with another bag or stow everything in the stroller basket until we could get the backpack there. Good to know, I can hop on the monorail and get one from the resorts right away.

Darbylew
06-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I have got to have one of those purses. I hope
they still have them in October. Maybe I will
just call Disney and have them send me one.
Thanks for the tip as I had not seen them. :thumbsup:

DisneyWhirled
06-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey, I just bought the pink one! My DH thought it was hideous. I bought the smaller purse one. It was normally like $40 and on sale for $14.99!!

I bought mine in WOD @ DTD over Memorial weekend.

dolphinmickey9170
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey, I just bought the pink one! My DH thought it was hideous. I bought the smaller purse one. It was normally like $40 and on sale for $14.99!!

I bought mine in WOD @ DTD over Memorial weekend.
Karen, John just doesn't know style when he sees it! Great bag and a great deal! YEAH!!:mickey:

Ropachs
06-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm a Vera addict and did not know these Mickey bags existed until now - thank you for this post!!!

Dsnygirl
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow - they're great!! Thanks for posting and telling us about them.... I've been wanting a VB for awhile now, but now I may just wait 'til our trip to get a Disney-styled one!! :thumbsup:

DisneyCouture
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks for posting about these cute bags, I have never seen these before. I hope they have them in October on our next trip.

brewcrew26
06-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I wanted to get the blue one in April but I got a similar colored Vera bag at TJ Maxx two weeks before leaving on vacation. The pink one was just too small but would have loved to get it if it was the larger handbag size.

DH thinks I'm a bag hog already so yea...gotta wait till they get more colors.

jrpersinger
07-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I am so bummed! Everywhere I looked, they were sold out. I asked everywhere. The nice lady in the Emporium told me that they weren't that great of salers so they were put on a major discount and sold out within a few weeks. And to her knowledge, there is no plan to get them back in. She told me to check World of Disney as a last resort, but we never made it to DTD to check.

I checked the Emporium, MouseGears, The Poly, The GF, a store in MGM. They all said they were sold out... actually the people in MGM and GF had no idea what I was talking about... but anyhoo... I was not able to find them at all.

If any of you see them on your upcoming trips. Keep me in mind and let me know where you seen them. I will call WDW Merch and order one over the phone!

Young@Heart
07-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I am so bummed! Everywhere I looked, they were sold out. I asked everywhere. The nice lady in the Emporium told me that they weren't that great of salers so they were put on a major discount and sold out within a few weeks. And to her knowledge, there is no plan to get them back in. She told me to check World of Disney as a last resort, but we never made it to DTD to check.

I checked the Emporium, MouseGears, The Poly, The GF, a store in MGM. They all said they were sold out... actually the people in MGM and GF had no idea what I was talking about... but anyhoo... I was not able to find them at all.

If any of you see them on your upcoming trips. Keep me in mind and let me know where you seen them. I will call WDW Merch and order one over the phone!

I'm sorry to hear you couldnt' get one. I just looked at the pics, and they're adorable! Maybe they'll suddenly become very popular and they'll decide to stock them again. I know I'd buy one if I saw one.