PDA

View Full Version : Turks and Caicos- Day 5 (Travel day)

pink
06-07-2008, 04:53 PM
That morning we woke up at 5 am and our bags were taken by 5:45. We went down the lobby because they said that there would be breakfast there for us. All that had was pastries and things like that, I can't have any milk product so I was ticked off. However, they let me go into one of the buffet restaurants and get some toast and a bananna, so it was ok. Our bus left at about 6 am and we were off to the airport. The ride was quick and we had to wait forever for the plane to actually board. (They were on island time) This is where our trouble began. The plane was supposed to leave at 8:05 and we didn't leave until about almost 9 am. We had to have connecting flights because that's all that went out of Turks and Caicos on Fridays so we took the one hour plane ride, which really was about 1 1/2 to Miami Internation airport. We went through customs quickly and then we found out that we were not flying home to JFK we were flying home to Laguardia airport. Now on our lay over it was already a three hour wait however after 4 1/2 hour delays it was a lot longer than that. We finally boarded and then we had to wait another 45 minutes on the runway because of backed up traffic with the airplanes. When we finally got home we realized that the car service guy was at the wrong airport even though we told them that they changed airports and we had to wait another 1/2 hour for him to arrive in rush hour traffic. The drive home went fairly well and we got at about 7:30 at night.

Just to recap for you, that is 14 hours of traveling in one day for a flight that could have been 3 1/2 hours tops. My DD and brother were stressing out but my DM and I try to keep the peace.

Overall

Pools were always nice.
Ocean was warm and there was great ocean life.
Staff is always very friendly and willing to help you out.
Beautiful weather.
The spa was amazing and I would go back in a heartbeat.
They are expanding right now and making a surf simulator in one of the pools.

Dislikes
They market it to younger familys with Sesame Street characters running around now and it's kind of annoying when you just want to relax. I expect that stuff in Disney World but not in a Beaches resort.
The gift shop only had Sesame Street character stuff and that was it.
The appetizers should have been bigger.
The soda tasted strange.

Overall

It was a great resort, and we have enjoyed it every time that we go. However, now that they are gearing it towards younger families there isn't much for us to do there with us older kids. I would recommend this resort to any family with younger children, they will love it! Next year we may try another all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. :mickey:

KineGirl
06-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I wouldnt think Sesame Street goes with any beach resort :confused: Strange. Oh well it still sounds like it was a really relaxing vacay with some beautiful scenery. Sorry you had so many delays and obstacles getting home but glad you made it back :mickey:

Now maybe next year you can get a different stamp in your passport :thumbsup:

PirateLover
06-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I read all of your trip reports, thanks for posting! I'd love to do a trip like this one day... sans the Sesame Street characters ;)
Thanks for sharing, do you have any photos?