PDA

View Full Version : Turks & Caicos- Day 1

pink
06-07-2008, 04:02 PM
My family and I took a trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos resort in the Carribean. We stayed from June 2nd until June 6th. Come join our adventure!

Cast

Me- Rebecka, 18
Brother- Jack, 11
DM AND DD

Day 1

We were supposed to leave our house at 4:30 in the morning via car service but it really ended up being about 4:45. We said bye to the pets and off we went to JFK airport. There was basically no line checking in (we didn't use the desk we used the machines) and then we only had to wait about 30 minutes until we boarded at about 6:30 and left at 7:10. (American Airlines) On the flight they played 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigel and James Marsden, I've already seen it but my mom enjoyed it. The flight took about 4 hours which is longer than it's supposed to because they said that there was a storm over the Carolina's.

We landed at about 11:30 ish and only had a minor wait through customs. (I got my first stamp in my passport:cool:) We took a quick 12minute shuttle to the hotel and when we arrived they greeted us with cold towels and cold drinks. :marg:

We had a little trouble at the check in desk though. You can't just walk up to the desk and check in they do this thing called a "group check in" and while we were in the middle of that a lady came in screaming about how much it costs to make a phone call from the room and by doing this she held up the front desk for thirty minutes. Another lady came and then we were good to go.

We got some lunch at the buffet restaurant Guiseppes and then when we got back our rooms were ready. (connecting in the French Village) We were in rooms 1212 and 1214.

The rooms were beautiful as always and we had two fridges for our medication which also become helpful with food late at night as most of the restaurants close at about 9 or 10 pm.

First thing we did was go straight to the pool by the restaurant Arizonas. For dinner we went back to Guiseppes and I had the pasta and shrimp.

I was out in the sun with 30 SPF sunscreen for an a little over an hour that day and was already burnt!

Next up: Day 2 :mickey:

KineGirl
06-07-2008, 04:41 PM
sounds like ya'll were off to a good start

disneyfamily05
06-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Sounds like a great beginning! What exactly / how do they do group check-in? Just curious as i have thought about going to Beaches in T&C with the kids in a year or so.