PDA

View Full Version : December Trip

Nut4DW
06-07-2008, 03:21 PM
DH and I are headed back to Disneyworld this December - can hardly wait. This is our first trip during the holidays - can anyone give us some advice about what to see and do during this special time? Thanks! :mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Still to this day my favorite vacation ever was our 2nd week in Dec. trip. It was a little before the holidays but Disney was in the Christmas spirit. Just enjoy being at the happiest place on earth at the happiest time of the year. We had great weather, fairly low crowds, and Christmas with Mickey. What could be better? Enjoy and take the time to soak in the magic. Slow down the pace and relax is the best advice I can give. If you have time go to some of the resorts and check out the decorations they are amazing. Have a fantastic trip!

Nut4DW
06-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've wanted to go to DW during Dec for a long time and I thrilled we are finally making it happen. Can't wait to make my dining reservations next week. Did you go to the Candlelight Processional and if so did you use the priority seating? That is one thing I'm not too sure of yet.

We added an extra day to this trip specifically to check out the decorations at the various places. We normally stay at PO Riverside, but this trip we will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Jeri Lynn
06-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Do not miss the Candlelight Processional in Epcot. It is beautiful.

Nut4DW
06-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Did you book priorty seating at one of the rest before the processional? I want to book my dps next Friday and the CP information isn't out yet so I don't know for sure what to do. Can I go ahead and make my dps then add the CP later? Thanks for you help.

RockinRollerMom
06-07-2008, 04:52 PM
We traveled the first week of December last year and are going again this year. I have been to Disney more times than I can remember and this was by far my favorite trip. The holiday decorations will blow you away!

We did not do the CP last year because it was not high of my DD7's list. My inlaws did it and loved it. I'm not sure how the booking for it goes becasue it was a last minute trip for us so they booked it a month or two before hand.

Our absolute favorite thing during the holidays at Disney is the Osborne Lights at DHS. It is so beautiful. The back streets of DHS are all light up with more lights than you could ever think are possible. Every fifteen minutes or so the lights "dance" to music. It is also "snowing". I had heard last year that this was a do not miss, but I was still so blown away by it. True Disney magic at it's best.

The resorts are a lot of fun to check out too. Our favorite was the Grand Floridian. They have a HUGE (real) gingerbread house in their lobby.

Have a great time!

maryt01
06-07-2008, 04:53 PM
catch monorail and hotel hop . decorations are worth it. catch bus and go to wl and ak lodges

peterbiltchic2000
06-07-2008, 05:03 PM
We are planning our trip the first week in December cant wait. This will be our first time for the holidays.:D

Tinkerbellfan
06-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello,

We visited WDW for the first time during the holidays last December. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge - it was wonderful. We stay at the concierge level and it was a wonderful treat. I loved the Christmas cookies they left out every day.

I would highly recommend visiting MGM studies after dark to see the Osborne Lights. They were amazing.

I would also recommend leaving enough time in your plans to see all of the Deluxe resorts Christmas decorations. They were amazing - seeing them was the favorite part of my trip!

WDW is truly amazing and magical during the holidays.

Enjoy!

Marilyn Michetti
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
WELCOME TO INTERCOT, NUT4WD !:mickey::cheer:

Disney in Dec. is wonderful. It's like being engulfed in a holiday cocoon. The music, lights, and special shows, get inside you, and you just have to feel like a child anticipating the big day.

The CP is worth seeing. We go to the early performance, have never gotten the package, and have always been seated right in the middle close to front. The show is the same no matter who's narrating, and well worth doing.:thumbsup:

Darbylew
06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
SPecial things to do in December.
Go see Disney's studios Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
Candlelight Processional
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - MK
GF- life size gingerbread house
Just enjoy all the decorations at the parks and
resorts........The Christmas trees are really
special. We love it in December.......:number1:

RAIDER
06-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Apart from all the disney things to see
I would recommend La nouba and the Blue Man Group if you want to see a good live act :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
06-09-2008, 07:01 AM
DH and I have been to WDW several times during the Christmas season, most recently being '06 and '07.

We went the second to third weeks of December (12/5-12/18). Crowds were average in the beginning, and got pretty thick by the end of the trip. We lucked out and had gorgeous warm weather both times.

As others have said, the Osborne Lights are not to be missed. We also loved the gingerbread house at the GF. It's nice to go to visit all of the deluxe resorts and check out their incredible decorations.

Illuminations has a beautiful Christmas ending, so be sure to see them at least once. I think we watched Illuminations 3 times on our last trip!

We never miss MVMCP, so get tickets to that! The parade and fireworks are wonderful!

#1donaldfan
06-09-2008, 08:11 AM
I just wanted to "chime" in.....this year will be our first December trip and we're not going till the day after Chirstmas through New Years......I know it'll be CRAZY busy, but hey, the family gets what the family wants....I am missing that place real, real bad right now, as we usually go at this time (June ish)....I LOVE THE HEAT.....anyway.....from what we've heard and read, it's gonna be a blast..!!!!:thumbsup: