PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Attorneys!!!!

J9
06-07-2008, 01:42 PM
So I've just wrapped up week 2 of my Bar/Bri class (I'm taking the PA and NJ bar exams in July) and I just want to know - HOW ON EARTH DID YOU ALL SURVIVE?!?! :confused:

I'm in full-on panic mode. I feel like I've been doing worse on each MBE section (esp ConLaw which everyone says is supposed to be the easiest - I say, bring on the Crim!!! And Torts?!?! forget about it!) The more I study, the more I think I'm going to fail!

Not so much for NJ, but definitely for PA - how on earth do they expect us to memorize all these different subjects beyond the 6 MBE subjects? I can't even remember all the elements of those!!! (Seriously, I study for 3 hours, come back 2 hours later and it's like I never even read a thing!) And PA expects me to know Family Law (easy for me), Wills, Trusts, Tax, Professional Responsibility, Corporations, Employment, etc etc too?!?! Seriously?

I'm thinking there's no way in Hades I can ever pass this thing.... :(

MickeyandTink
06-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Although it's been a few years, I remember the one thing that gave me great comfort when studying was looking at the bar passage rates for my school (which were generally 85-90%). While I might not have been the brightest guy in law school, I knew/hoped I had to be be at least in the top 80% or so.

The main thing is to study hard, but give yourself an occassional break. Treat it like your finals week during the first year. You're certainly doing the right thing by taking a bar review course. And if things don't go well, you can always take it again. There are plenty of excellent attorneys who had to take it 2 or 3 times.

Remember, after a couple of years of practice nobody cares if you were the highest scorer or lowest scorer.

Good Luck.