PDA

View Full Version : Weather info please!

Tabi550
06-06-2008, 06:02 PM
My family and I are going to WDW September 14-21 and we are just wondering what the weather is like there then??? Thank-you in advance :)

faline
06-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Pretty hot and humid. Expect an afternoon thunderstorm. It's still part of hurricane season so a tropical storm is not out of the question.

Pirate Granny
06-06-2008, 08:12 PM
We've gone the last few Septembers...the first year, I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't bring any sleeveless tops...WRONG, and it was the wrong time of year to purchase, they were long gone...so expect HUMID and HOT weather...last year it was in the 90's every day...rain most afternoons and/or early evening...we've had rain the last three MNSSHP, but hey, that's life...I bring an extra pair of sandles to wear as I HATE wet feet, poncho and shopping at MK took care of keeping most of our dry.
ENJOY
:pirate:

bshaw96
06-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Our first family trip was Sept. 20-28 of 2000. It was mid to upper 90's every day. And daily afternoon thunderstorms. Brief, but daily.

Strmchsr
06-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to go to Info Central and see the exact data for your dates for the last 4 years.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-07-2008, 08:50 AM
It's very hot and humid. You'll want to pack light-weight cool colored clothes. We've been 3 times since 2003 in Sept and it's usually in the high 80's and into the 90's. It rains almost every day so it just makes it more humid.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-07-2008, 12:15 PM
We have gone every September since 1996. I agree with everyone else...hot and humid with brief showers each afternoon.
Definately bring an extra pair of sneakers for each person and a few extra pairs of socks. There is nothing worse then soggy sneakers.
Light weight and light colored clothes are a must for us. We also wear baseball caps to keep the sun off of our faces and to cover up those sweaty heads!:blush:
Lots and lots of sunscreen. We bring cornstarch powder to put on the kids backs and the backs of their necks. It helps with not feeling sticky.
We also bring a washcloth in a baggie that we can wet in the restroom to wipe down our arms and faces during the day. Then we repeat sunblock of course.
I even bring a deodorant to the parks with me. I need to know I am not the smelly one on lines!

We have gotten used to the heat now. It only starts to bother us around 2pm or so. We take a break by finding a cool show or ride or going in for an ice cream somewhere.

I hope you have a great trip!

Polynesian Dweller
06-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I see you are also from the Great White North. Florida in September is hot and humid and that's a humidity and heat index that's greater than what we are used to. I could go through the atmospheric physics for this, but suffice it to say that a Florida 80% relative humidity is much wetter than our 80% ( its about the amount of water vapour for the same RH but that's too complex for this discussion).

Plan to wear what you would in a mid-July day in Canada and be prepared for afternoon showers, As others have said, its prime time hurricane season and that could mean more and stronger showers.

Regardless, have a great time, and if it's raining head to the parks. The crowds will be really thin and you can get on rides quickly.

pox24
06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Having lived here in south Fla. for 28 years September is still very hot. However, the week you are going is probably one of the best of the year. Right after Labor Day kids are back in school, most vacations are over. The parks will not be crowdwd at all. When its hot, we do 1/2 days and return at night. Usually for dinner and then take advantage of the EMH. We'll be there the week before. Have fun.