PDA

View Full Version : Deer Flies?

WDW&MK
06-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi - We are going back to WDW in Sept for Free dining. One of my DH favorite things is to ride the boat from POR to DD for dinner. When we normally go (end of April/Beg of May) the deer flies are usually starting to come out. I normally encounter them on the boat ride and also if we go to Rafiki's conservation station at AK on the train ride. I am highly reactive to them if they bite me (large welt and blister - yuck!). Does anyone know if they are still bothersome in Sept - or is the season for them done? I need to decide if we can take the boat ride, I'd hate to get bit up the first day there! They are nasty :mad:.
Thanks for any info!! Kari

faline
06-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I usually react very negatively to many bug bites and have not had an issue with these insects there.

hubbyofadisneyholic
06-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow...I guess we have been lucky.
My wife has very bad reactions to deer flies and we have never seen a single one in our 25+ trips to WDW.
And we have visited in every month except March, July and September.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah I second the Deer Flies.....I'm here year-round and I've never seen them or had a problem with them. I've seen cockroaches, lovebugs, gnats, and mosquitos...but not Deer Flies.