PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for ADR's?

hokalier
06-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Newbie here!!

I will be making my adr's on Monday. I am trying to figure out how much info I need to have prior to my call. Should I have a list of options for each day? For example, on Saturday we are going to MK and would like to eat at either CP or CM's for dinner. Is it likely I will be able get one of these or should I have other options ready as well. Do you usually get your first or second choice or should I have several choices for each place/each day? Sorry, I hope this makes sense. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks a bunch!!:mickey:

KineGirl
06-06-2008, 02:23 PM
If youre 180 days out you should be ok with your choices but its always good to have back up places and times. I usually only have 1 back up option as long as Im right at my 180 +10 date. If your past that date you might want to have a couple of back up places and dates

chick20679
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
I would have a back up in mind, just in case.

Also, instead of reserving ADR's in chronological order (mon... tue... wed...) I would recommend starting with the date of the ADR's that you/your family want the most (or are difficult to get into). That way you won't "waste precious time" getting an ADR for Restaurant Marrakesh, when you could have use that time to get one at Le Cellier.
But that's just my :twocents:.

(Side note ~ I love Restaurant Marrakesh, I'm not dissing it, it's just not a very difficult ADR to get)

Good luck! :mickey:

Hull-onian
06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Newbie here!!

I will be making my adr's on Monday. I am trying to figure out how much info I need to have prior to my call. Should I have a list of options for each day? For example, on Saturday we are going to MK and would like to eat at either CP or CM's for dinner. Is it likely I will be able get one of these or should I have other options ready as well. Do you usually get your first or second choice or should I have several choices for each place/each day? Sorry, I hope this makes sense. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!Thanks a bunch!!:mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot.

First of all, make an excel spreadsheet.
Figure out what parks you are going to be in on what days. Make sure you have an idea of what you might like to eat. Most restaurants have American fare. Be sure to phone at 7:00 a.m. to get all your ressies. They will give you a confirmation number on each restaurant that you have choosen. Also, make sure, you write down the time and arrive at least fifteen minutes early. That being said, pick our brains for good choices. We are knowledgeable about the food and what you are able to get out of each restaurant. Good luck with your choices, and we all hope that you get what your want.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-06-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't know that I would make backup reservations for all of your dining needs - only the popular ones; i.e., CRT, LeCellier, Cali Grill and a few others. I've called at 180 days out and while a few times have been slightly different, we've never been unable to get what we wanted. Having to make backup plans and backup backup plans for all of your ADRs could be a very time-consuming process, and an exercise that you shouldn't need to do for most locations. If there's any location you're on the fence about, or are curious how popular it is, just give us a shout! :mickey:

beksy
06-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome to Intercot!! Its great here--tons of info and nice people! I just made ADRs for the first time last year and it is a pretty painless process (except for the cramps I had from crossing my fingers hoping to get into CRT! :blush:). I had one back-up option each day and several time blocks that we could go during and didn't have any issues. We were able to get everything we wanted at the times we wanted. Have fun picking your meals!

mouseketeer mom
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
And remember....if you don't get all of your choices when you call, keep trying back! I am at 68 days out to my August trip, and I called today "just to check" and got CRT for lunch for my middle child that has been asking! It was an ADR for 5..so see, you never know what might open! Have fun planning!

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-07-2008, 09:11 AM
I called at 180 days and had to rearrange a few days so that we could get Le Cellier and CRT. Other than that I had no problems. I'd say 2 out of 18 isn't bad. So I think you'll be able to get most of your ADRs if not all of them.

I had a second option for a couple of them or alternative days for going to them.

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I would recommend Natazu and his advice on restaurants although many others here on the board have very goood ideas. I think he and Rachel have eaten most EVERYWHERE. He has a reliable palate, and is a true food guru.:thumbsup:

CRT is Cinderellas's Round Table

Sometimes abbreviations are hard to decipher.;)

hokalier
06-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Thank you all so much for your tips!! We are trying to get Le Cellier, CRT, O'Hana, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace. We'll see how it goes!!:mickey: