PDA

View Full Version : When do you start planning?

hopingtogo2005
06-06-2008, 11:57 AM
How far in advance to do you start planning for your disney trip? We went last year and I want to plan our next trip for Dec 09. :mickey:

faline
06-06-2008, 12:14 PM
I start planning as soon as I know the dates I'm going to return!

I book as soon as I can and since I usually book room only, I'm not as limited as folks who are booking packages.

buzznwoodysmom
06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
I start planning as soon as I know our dates.

Normally we book something right after we return from a trip. There is no better cure for the WDW blues than to begin planning your next trip.

KylesMom
06-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Same with us - we usually pick our dates for the following year as soon as we return, and then as soon as Disney releases room-only rates, we reserve with AAA discount through MJ. It's nice to get a head-start on paying for our accommodations, and we can start counting down again! :mickey:

bruin1344
06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
we are going in august and we booked all our dining reservations in march

MickeyMomof2
06-06-2008, 01:20 PM
We went last September, and I already have some plans sketched out for a Dec. 09 trip. Planning is part of the fun!

MickeyMousse
06-06-2008, 01:25 PM
We start planning our next trip on our way home! We usually drive, so we have the time to toss dates and resorts around.
I just booked our 2/09 trip this past Monday! :thumbsup: The countdown has begun!

Polynesian Dweller
06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
We usually pick our week about 10 months out. The real planning, room reservations, starts about 8 months out since at 180 days (6 months) is when ADRs have to be done.

Goofeygal
06-06-2008, 01:49 PM
We start planning as soon as we know the dates we are going. It may even be over a year ahead of time LOL.

Wrigley
06-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I start planning the second I get DH to agree to go! We are going on our next trip Oct/Nov 09 and I have been planning for a few months already. To me, that is a big part of the fun and excitement. I am a huge planner and list maker for just about everything and so I love to plan our trips!!!! 16 more months to go!!!!!!:mickey:

disneymom15
06-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Usually once I have a date in mind.

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 02:22 PM
We plan in two year cycles -- as we like to purchase AP's and get the most bang for our bucks! Our next two trips are tentatively scheduled for Aug 2009 and July 2010 (Yikes!) .... with hopefully a little wintertime jaunt in between.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-06-2008, 03:40 PM
We never really stop planning!

We always are thinking about the next trip, and what we'd like to add or change.

But, the hard-core planning starts as soon as packages are released for the next year...we book our dates and start counting down to the ADR window.

mickey&missy
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I think I'm probably in the never stop planning group. Every since our 05 trip I've always got something in the works! I started planning our October 06 trip more then a year in advance. I had our trip this March in my mind since returning in 06. Before our March trip I had already spoken to my sister about our trip in January 09!

It's nice to know there's a new trip on the horizon, even if it's a year away!

tadshome
06-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I start planning as soon as I book my trip. I am already planning for our August '09 trip :mickey: It makes me happy planning for Disney :cloud9:

Kairi_7378
06-06-2008, 05:47 PM
On the Magical Express on the way to the airport! We always have something that we want to try "next time."

sisterslovindisney
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
We are going in Jan 2010 and we have already started planning. We have a very large group (about 7 families) going and about half have never been to WDW. We are all meeting at my home this Sunday to watch the planning video and review the tenative pricing I got from MJ. We need a lot of time to plan so everyone can save money. The kids are all involved in saving too. Planning is half the fun of the trip!

longing4magic
06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
I start planning as soon as we know our dates. Which is usually 1 1/2 years in advance. People that don't vacation in Disney probably think that we are crazy. Planning is not only fun but necessary to get the most out of your trip.

AHOTE
06-07-2008, 12:00 AM
We go every years so we start planning while we are at WDW. I carry a small note book and pen to make notes on the things we've done and/or missed for whatever reason. It gives us an idea of how we can structure our next trip to either include something or to leave out a particular event etc.

Young@Heart
06-07-2008, 01:02 AM
We're always in some stage of planning, but we start making concrete plans as soon as we have a definate date set. Then, it really kicks into high gear when we've booked our trip. I always celebrate by buying a new Passporter the day we officially book everything. From that day on, it's WDW planning non-stop (at least for me). And this can be 6 months or more! Thank goodness DH loves WDW as much as I do, or he'd be about ready to strangle me. :blush: