PDA

View Full Version : Viz Letters ( Brit Humour )

RAIDER
06-06-2008, 07:41 AM
This is a magazine where people are encouraged to write silly letters ...

The person who coined the phrase "as different as chalk and cheese" obviously hadn't tasted Kwik Save's cheddar.
John Sampson,
Southampton.

They say football is a game of two halves. Not for me it isn't. I regularly down eight or nine pints whilst watching a live game on Sky TV in my local.
D Evans, London.

If smoking is bad for you, how come it cures Salmon?
Stalker, Bournemouth.

Why does Frank Bruno get a medal just because he's good at hitting people? I'm brilliant at it but the most I've ever got is 200 hours community service.
A Woodward, Sheffield.

They say good manners cost you nothing. RUBBISH . I sent my daughter to finishing school and it cost me £20,000.
J Morgan, Wigan.

If, as Freddie Mercury claimed, fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round, isn't it about time that the city of MANCHESTER received some recognition for it's contribution to astrophysics?
Neil Sedgwick, Nottingham.

In the 20th Century, Britain only made war with countries whose capital cities began with the letter 'B' - Germany (Berlin), Argentina (Buenos Aires), Iraq (Baghdad), and Serbia (Belgrade). China changed the name of Peking to Beijing and we bombed their embassy One hopes we will show a little more imagination in this century.
Martin Harwood, Bradford.

These so-called speed bumps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down.
Tim Wakefield, Surrey.

To call Dr Harold Shipman 'Britain's worst serial killer' is utter nonsense. With more confirmed kills to his name than any other UK-based murderer, surely Dr. Shipman is 'Britain's best serial killer'. Colin Stagg, who was arrested in connection with one killing and turned out not to have done it in the first place, would qualify as the country's 'Worst Mass Murderer'.
Danny King, Balham
Edit/Delete Message

ChipnDaleGal
06-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for starting my day off with a laugh! :thumbsup:

Womble
06-06-2008, 10:20 AM
My goodness! Viz is still going!
I haven’t bought it for at least 20 years.

Thanks for the laugh!:D

Rodders
06-06-2008, 11:01 AM
A quality publication :thumbsup:

RAIDER
06-06-2008, 11:16 AM
My goodness! Viz is still going!
I haven’t bought it for at least 20 years.

Thanks for the laugh!:D

Yep there still going ...check out their website its brilliant :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-06-2008, 11:18 AM
:funny: :funny:

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Thank you for a good laugh!:thumbsup:

pink
06-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Very funny thanks for sharing! :mickey: