PDA

View Full Version : Jym and Rachel's Dec ADRs

Natazu
06-06-2008, 04:08 AM
As many of you know, we aren't going to take another trip 'til Oct 09 because of the new baby, so without further adieu, here are our ADRs for this December. Comments are welcome:

12/11 Marrakesh lunch
12/11 Narcoossee’s dinner
12/12 Rose & Crown lunch
12/12 ‘Ohana dinner
12/13 Kona Café lunch
12/13 Coral Reef JQ dinner
12/14 Grand Floridian Café lunch
12/14 Flying Fish Café dinner
12/15 Boma Breakfast
12/15 Yak & Yeti lunch (ts)
12/15 Citricos dinner
12/16 Le Cellier lunch
12/16 California Grill family dinner
12/17 The Wave lunch
12/17 Jiko Dinner
12/18 Grand Floridian Café lunch

mrsgaribaldi
06-06-2008, 04:22 AM
My only comment is,
can you take me with you?;)

Sounds great. :mickey: You're hitting all my favorites:thumbsup:

McGoofy
06-06-2008, 04:57 AM
I love so many of the places that you are going!! I want to go too!! We just ate at Ohana's last Saturday. That was my favorite meal all week! The new menu is just fine! (I have pictures of Ohanas posted on the live trip report that I did if anybody is interested.) Jym, you and Rachel are going to have so much fun eating your way around the World!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-06-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm interested! I have the same combination of places chosen for our August and November trips!

disneydeb
06-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Jym,

The JQ dinner should be on the 13th!:D

BronxTigger
06-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Yup, looks like you're eating for 3!

Enjoy your food!

Natazu
06-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I love so many of the places that you are going!! I want to go too!! We just ate at Ohana's last Saturday. That was my favorite meal all week! The new menu is just fine! (I have pictures of Ohanas posted on the live trip report that I did if anybody is interested.) Jym, you and Rachel are going to have so much fun eating your way around the World!!:mickey:

Thanks Tara. What did you guys think about 'Ohana's menu changes?
And where is that CS pic from, Sunshine Seasons? Looks good.

pogo
06-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Looks good..... especially compared to ours ! I'll post it later today ! :D

buzz638
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Now that's what i called a "Dinning plan" !!!:thumbsup:

Buzz

Mickey'sGirl
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Looks good! The baby carrier will fit right into one of those square wooden highchairs if you turn it (the highchair) upside down.

Are you gonna miss us? Will you join the coconut race to amuse your child??? :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-06-2008, 09:32 AM
:blush: Looks great, but just out of curiosity are you on the Deluxe Dining Plan?

SBETigg
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
You're more man than I (obviously :blush:). I couldn't possibly manage all those wonderful lunches with those amazing dinners afterward, and still enjoy the parks. How do you do it, Jym? What's your secret? How does Rachel keep up?

MsMin
06-06-2008, 10:04 AM
How is it possible to eat that much food??? I'm full when we do one TS in day. Can you do M:S after dinner?

NJGIRL
06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
That's alot of food. Enjoy yourself:mickey:

Kairi_7378
06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Jym, these look great and I can't wait to read your reviews when you get home. You have lots of our favorites or "want to try's" on your list.

I am curious... are you taking the baby? If so I'd love to hear about how the baby does in some of these places. I'm also due in the summer and DH says that we can't go back to WDW until the baby is "old enough," which he thinks is 6 or 7!

mudpuppysmom
06-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Everything looks good!! 12/15 looks like a really full (pun intended) day for you guys!!

We'll be there 12/10-12/16 and I'll have a 6 mo old with us and three other kids under 10, so our trip should be really interesting this time!!

Good luck "dragging" the baby around with you guys!

McGoofy
06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks Tara. What did you guys think about 'Ohana's menu changes?
And where is that CS pic from, Sunshine Seasons? Looks good.

While the menu before the changes was fabulous, I also enjoyed the new menu. Change is not always bad.:) Our new favorite appetizer is the pork pot stickers! Those were so yummy. The noodles were tasty as well. We also had fresh green brocolli with snap peas, chicken wings (the best ever!), steak, shrimp, turkey, and pork. I'm sure I am leaving something out, but we left feeling very full and not disliking anything. Oh yes...the vanilla ice cream and sticky pudding with the banannas foster sauce was delicious! I'm telling you...that was our favorite meal all week!

As for the CS picture, yes, you know your CS! That meal was at Sunshine Seasons. That's the best bang for any CS buck!! DH had the salmon, and I had a pork chop. It was so good! From the picture, it looks like it was a TS doesn't it? That fruit tulip is one of my favorite CS desserts that I like to get at Epcot.

I seriously don't know how you guys are going to be able to eat that many TS meals, but I know ya'll will have a blast trying!:mickey: I always wondered who got the plan that had two TS meals a day on it!!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
06-06-2008, 04:59 PM
:mickey: Wow.... that is an amazing ADR list!! Wanna do ours??? I'm going to be afraid to post ours once we figure them out... it's going to look boring and bland following yours... :D How many are you bringing the little guy to??

faberj
06-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Jym,
Those all look great! I have a lot of the same places on our list for December!

Crow
06-06-2008, 09:48 PM
wow you've got it set.
i still have to make my Sept ADRs.
I will be hitting Flying Fish (which I first went to last trip based on you recommdation)
CA Grill which on top of my list
also mayb Citricos for a first.
and i have to figure where else
enjoy:thumbsup:

TiggeRia
06-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Looks great! You have several of my favorites on there and many more I want to try! I'll be down there the same week you are..can't wait!!! :mickey:

sagessa
06-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Are you gonna miss us? Will you join the coconut race to amuse your child??? :mickey:

Of course we're going to miss you. I keep asking Jym if he's sure you guys aren't coming. Maybe you'll find a big pile of money lying around and be able to make it after all. :mickey:

:blush: Looks great, but just out of curiosity are you on the Deluxe Dining Plan?

We are on the Deluxe Plan. With the changes to the basic plan it just wasn't worth it to us. This way we can do a signature meal pretty much every day and we get an appetizer and dessert with every meal. Not that we'll necessarily finish all the food, but it's great to be able to try everything and to take leftovers back to the room for breakfast.

I am curious... are you taking the baby? If so I'd love to hear about how the baby does in some of these places. I'm also due in the summer and DH says that we can't go back to WDW until the baby is "old enough," which he thinks is 6 or 7!

The baby is coming with us. The great thing about kids is that they are portable! :) As far as being "old enough", you just have to realize that trips with a very young child aren't really about taking the kid, they're about your vacation. Just make sure that you plan to take plenty of rest breaks so you don't stress everyone out and just about any age is old enough.

Rachel R.

Natazu
06-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Looks good! The baby carrier will fit right into one of those square wooden highchairs if you turn it (the highchair) upside down.

Yes, no. Thanks for the highchair tip!!

You're more man than I (obviously :blush:). I couldn't possibly manage all those wonderful lunches with those amazing dinners afterward, and still enjoy the parks. How do you do it, Jym? What's your secret?Parks?

How is it possible to eat that much food??? I'm full when we do one TS in day. Can you do M:S after dinner?I'm up for M:S anytime. I love that ride... though I could do with a little less Gary Sinese.

As for the CS picture, yes, you know your CS! That meal was at Sunshine Seasons. Rachel picked it out, she's like Monk.

mouseaddict
06-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Just to answer to two things..First..the high chair tip is a good one but be careful because some of the new carriers do not fit in the high chair base (we learned this the hard way). Also..DD wentto Disney for the first time at 7 weeks..and has been back many times since. SHe is now 18 months old and is a trooper in the parks. She loves everythign and actually points out at the rides she likes as we go by. You are never too young for Disney. And for the dining..tiny ones are great because they will sleep through meals..I am interested to see how we do next week with DD at the signature dining we have chosen (however the JQ dining expert has given us some good advice).
Rachel..hope you are doing ok and get some rest!

magicofdisney
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I didn't know you guys had a baby. Congratulations! :babyroll:

KineGirl
06-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Looks great but did ya'll leave any time for WDW on your trip?

so much food man! - I gained 10 lbs just looking at your ADRs :mickey:

great choices though

Natazu
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I didn't know you guys had a baby. Congratulations! :babyroll:

He's coming Aug 10th. Thanks for your thoughts.
:blush:

Hammer
06-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Now, if he could just wait a few days until August 13th, he could share a birthday with a certain Dining moderator :party: ...

Jym, Cheryl and I are eating at many of the same restaurants on our trip in October, so look for Dining reviews to hold you over until December!

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 10:19 PM

Now, if he could just wait a few days until August 13th, he could share a birthday with a certain Dining moderator :party: ...

NO WAY!
Ellen and I have made sure he will come August 3rd!:pixie:

Natazu
06-08-2008, 04:37 AM

NO WAY!
Ellen and I have made sure he will come August 3rd!:pixie:

Actually, we're planning to induce that week, so we can really do it anytime.... for the right price.

sagessa
06-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Actually, we're planning to induce that week, so we can really do it anytime.... for the right price.

What Jym doesn't realize it that I'm planning to wait as long as possible so I can accumulate some more paid time off before going on maternity leave. Waiting 4 more days will get me 20 more hours of paid time off. :secret:

Rachel R.

LandFan
06-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Wow! Congrats you two! A (Disney) baby : ) how awesome. Good luck to you both and have a great summer (as great as possible being 9 months pregnant in August, Rachel : )

Your adr's look great, as usual.

Tara & Jason

Jared
06-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Jym, I'm jealous. That is an extraordinary lineup. I only hope I'll be with you at Coral Reef Restaurant on the 13th.

:tasty:

Crow
06-09-2008, 06:59 PM
so you still wont get to try Tokyo Dining?
and no AP?
I see you're hitting a few of you faves.
looking forward to the report

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2008, 07:42 PM
We are on the Deluxe Plan. With the changes to the basic plan it just wasn't worth it to us. This way we can do a signature meal pretty much every day and we get an appetizer and dessert with every meal. Not that we'll necessarily finish all the food, but it's great to be able to try everything and to take leftovers back to the room for breakfast.

The baby is coming with us.

Your ADRs look great. We are eating at half of the same restaurants that you'll be dining at. I can't wait to try some of them. More than 1/2 of ours are ones we've never tried.

We too are doing the Deluxe Plan. It really does make more sense if you want to do the signature dining. I figured out that we'll be saving about $250 per person with it. I too plan on taking the leftovers back to the room. I'm bringing some small containers to put them in rather than carrying around those large to-go boxes.

Congratulations on the baby!

Rachel picked it out, she's like Monk.

I'm the same way!

Natazu
06-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Jym, I'm jealous. That is an extraordinary lineup. I only hope I'll be with you at Coral Reef Restaurant on the 13th.
Tell Rachel you'll babysit, she might let you stay with us.

so you still wont get to try Tokyo Dining?
and no AP?
I see you're hitting a few of you faves.
looking forward to the report
AP was on the short list. It just didn't make the cut this time. Tokyo looks to be very good but we have very good Japanese restaurants at home. ;)

beksy
06-10-2008, 09:41 AM
ADRs look great (but what else would I expect after reading all of your opinions on places to dine? :thumbsup:). Looks like you two are starting the baby out in the right food atmosphere! Congratulations on the little one and have a great trip! :mickey:

McGoofy
06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I didn't know that you guys were expecting until after reading this thread. Congrats on the new Mouskateer!:mickey: (I work in a newborn nursery, and I just love all of the little newborn babies!! They are such sweet little miracles.):cloud9:

SurferStitch
06-11-2008, 06:58 AM
Ooooohhhh......

I see a lot of our favorites on that list!

Sounds like you'll have a very tasty trip! :thumbsup: