PDA

View Full Version : Stateroom if You Get Seasick

johnO
06-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Does anybody have any ideas about the safest place to book your stateroom if you get seasick? We are booked in the middle (deck 6), but at the very front of the ship.

My wife may possibly get seasick, so I'm a little concerned.

Thanks!!! :ill:

ElenitaB
06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Luckily neither my son nor I suffer from seasickness (thank goodness.. it's no fun at all to be nauseous for any reason).

It's recommended that mid-ship rooms on the lower decks have less movement. Others recommend a cabin with a verandah as the fresh air may help and so does being able to focus on the horizon.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes (i.e., we'd LOVE to see a trip report when you get back).

adoptionislove
06-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Johno!

I get HORRIBLY seasick! We went in March and we got a verandah on Deck 6 aft and I did remarkably well! I felt great when I was on the Verandah and up at the pool. It is SO worth the extra $ to have her look at the horizon. I felt so sorry for the people that had no windows in their room. I could get green thinking about it!!!

Just make sure she has the Patch for behind the ear and pray for smooth seas!

johnO
06-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks!!!

DisneyDudet
06-08-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't get seasick, but one of the worst places I have felt the movement of the ship was at the theater during the shows, probably because you don't have any horizon to look at, and are staring at one thing.

I would suggest that if she has a fear of getting seasick, that she take Bonine. It is non-drowsy, but can cause dry mouth. I found a box at Wal Mart the other day. Even though we do not get sea sick, I am bringing some anyway. It is best to take it BEFORE sailing, so it starts working.

We are deck 7 aft, so we are hoping that we don't have any problems, but we have a Nav. Verandah, so it shouldn't be too bad! Last cruise one of our sea days was pretty rough, but it was smooth sailing from then on (pun intended :cool:)

GoldenDreams
07-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I have heard that lower and center is better, but I only felt well when I did these things:

1) Spend as much time on deck as possible.

2) Eat breakfast right away when waking up. Get breakfast and then go back and shower.

Good luck!!

TammiMcMan
07-02-2008, 12:27 AM
You should be in good shape with the location of your stateroom. The ship has great stabilizers and other than the first few hours of moving from the port into ocean waters, you probably won't notice anything more than a gentle rocking. The first night at the show, I could really feel the movement. After that, I had no problem at all.

I definitely suggest going with the patch, bracelet or Bonine (which as DisneyDudet pointed out, you want to start taking it well before you even board the ship). It may be something she would only need that first night, unless you run into rougher waters.