PDA

View Full Version : question about nonexpiring tickets and water parks

scootch713
06-05-2008, 04:37 PM
This is the first year we will be going to a water park and thankfully, BB is the one open in November. I probably will only go one day. I have some park hopper tickets left, so need to buy tickets and what has worked best for us in the past is the 10 day nonexpiring ticket. It helps beat price increases and with my daughter who is 8, going to an adult, will likely save a smidge as they will give us a free upgrade as long as she has used some of the ticket.

I am trying to figure out if I a better off buying just a single day tickets(would run about $120 for me and two girls).... or just add it to the 10 day nonexpiring park hopper. Thru the ticket agency I am goign thru, it is $96 total difference for the 1 adult/2 kids...... but if I use a day this year, we won't really use the hopper as we are going to hoopdedoo that night.

Sorry this is getting long... anyhow.. for those of you who go off season, do you usually just plan a day there or do you hop and go to the water parks just part of the day??? My girls are 6 and 8 1/2. Just trying to figure out if I am actually wasting a day on park hopper if I am truly just going to do the water park once per trip.... or will my girls likely want to go there more than one visit now that they are getting old enough for more of the slides. They both do enjoy pools and slides.

gerald72
06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
This is the first year we will be going to a water park and thankfully, BB is the one open in November. I probably will only go one day. I have some park hopper tickets left, so need to buy tickets and what has worked best for us in the past is the 10 day nonexpiring ticket. It helps beat price increases and with my daughter who is 8, going to an adult, will likely save a smidge as they will give us a free upgrade as long as she has used some of the ticket.

I am trying to figure out if I a better off buying just a single day tickets(would run about $120 for me and two girls).... or just add it to the 10 day nonexpiring park hopper. Thru the ticket agency I am goign thru, it is $96 total difference for the 1 adult/2 kids...... but if I use a day this year, we won't really use the hopper as we are going to hoopdedoo that night.

Sorry this is getting long... anyhow.. for those of you who go off season, do you usually just plan a day there or do you hop and go to the water parks just part of the day??? My girls are 6 and 8 1/2. Just trying to figure out if I am actually wasting a day on park hopper if I am truly just going to do the water park once per trip.... or will my girls likely want to go there more than one visit now that they are getting old enough for more of the slides. They both do enjoy pools and slides.

I think you should add the Water Park and More option to your 10-day non-expiring tickets.
That will give you 10 water park visits on top of your 10 theme park day. You can use one of the water park days this trip, so that would take care of having to use it at least once before she turns 10.
I don't see why this wouldn't be your best option.

Pirate Granny
06-05-2008, 11:01 PM
You can also get the hopper separate from the options (which include the waterparks) and also separate from the non-expiring. I always get the waterpark option, but have numerous passes with only those options and it'll take years to use...once upon a time, we went to the water parks EVERY morning...showered at the parks and then took the bus to the parks (or car when we rented on...before ME) and stowed the beachbag in a locker...many good memories of our waterpark days...and we were two / sometimes three adults no kids...so if your girls like the water...get the options...if you don't think you'll ever use the hopper, don't get it...but water parks aren't counted in the hopper options (meaning you don't hop from a water park to a disney park)...hope I wasn't too long winded either.
ENJOY
:pirate: