PDA

View Full Version : Ncl ?

KrystalR83
06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
My family and I are going on a cruise to Bermuda with Norwegian Cruise Lines in September. I have been there before but I was too young to have to think about money. I know that I have to give them my credit/debit card or if I am going to pay with cash, give them a deposit. I would rather pay with cash. I am just wondering if anyone knows how much you have to give for the deposit if paying with cash?

I think I think too much. I like to have everything planned so far in advance.

If anyone has an answer, I would realy appriciate it.

Thank you:)

Beast_fanatic
06-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Are you talking about for the reservation itself, or for onboard charges?

ILoveLegos
06-05-2008, 10:11 PM
From the NCL website FAQ section:

How do I pay for onboard expenses?

For your convenience, all shipboard expenses are charged to NCL's special onboard credit program. Sign up on the first day of your cruise, by establishing your method of payment with Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diners Club®, travelers checks or cash. If you choose to settle your account with cash, a deposit will be required in advance. You may also use your debit card; however, please be advised that NCL obtains pre-authorization which some banks may hold for up to 30 days.

Disney Lynn
06-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Click here: Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic

I tried to post the link to the NCL forum on Cruisecritic (above), but I don't think it worked. So go to cruisecritic dot com, then select cruiselines, then NCL. Ask on that site if there is a set amount that you need to put down. Just be aware that Cruisecritic has more than it's share of complainers and whiners.

Also, you're probably sailing the Majesty, NCL's oldest and smallest ship, so be forewarned that some posters will have negative comments. However, the Majesty is an ideal ship for Bermuda- you're so busy enjoying the island(s) that you don't miss all the bells and whistles of the bigger ships. And the Majesty has some very loyal sailers who will miss her when she leaves NCL. DH & I hope to sail to Bermuda (from Phila) this fall.

Enjoy your cruise!

TheDuckRocks
06-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I agree with Disney Lynn, cruisecritic dot com is the place to get more info on cruising than any other website I've found. It was suggested to me by our Personal Cruise Consultant (that's their fancy name for the lady who answers the phone) at NCL. But beware....they don't "play nice" over there, a lot of personal attacks, bad language and some R rated stories told.
Why can't all discussion boards be as nice as Intercots? Thank you moderators, I love the great job you all do.:thumbsup: