PDA

View Full Version : Advance AP purchase question.

CanadianWDWFan
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I was wondering, how long in advance can you buy AP's? We are looking at going in July/August of 2009. Can we buy our passes in November or December before the ticket price increases at the beginning of the year?

Taja
06-05-2008, 02:36 PM
You can buy APs at any time. You will receive a voucher that will be exchanged for a ticket when activated.

I purchased my AP in August 2006 the day before the price increase for a future trip! :)

KylesMom
06-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Absolutely, Brian. We began purchasing one A/P at a time beginning in November for our upcoming July trip. On our "purchase year", we usually buy A/Ps as our Xmas gifts to each other and our DS.

Note that the last few years the price increases have come in August/September - so if the cash is available, you may want to invest now. Although nothing has come up recently, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a price increase in the next few months. I hope I'm wrong, but you can almost count on Disney raising their prices each year. :(

sillyolbear
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
If you have the cash, it is certainly a wise and acceptable thing to do.

And count on a price increase. Diesel fuel isn't looking like it is going to get any cheaper and Disney has to find a way to keep those busses running.

r4kids
06-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Do they ever give discounts on purchasing AP's?

CanadianWDWFan
06-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Do they ever give discounts on purchasing AP's?
The only discounts that I have ever heard of for AP's are for DVC owners.