PDA

View Full Version : trying to convince for wilderness lodge

mouselover93
06-05-2008, 12:02 PM
im trying to convince my parents to stay at the wilderness lodge. i need some poitive feedback on the resort. anything's helpful

gaffz70
06-05-2008, 12:53 PM
We loved the WL. It's beautiful. I feel like it has the most "wow" factor when you enter and more importantly is the cheapest of the deluxe hotels. Loved the convenience of the ferry, closeness to the MK, loved the restaurants there, loved the bunkbed option(we have 2 small boys who thought that was cool) The pool was awesome.

I think after being so bombarded w/ the craziness and excitement of the parks, it was nice to come back to a quiet and relaxing hotel

I have nothing bad to say

cinderellagrl
06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
LOVE WL! If it was connected to the monorail, it would be by far my favorite resort.

The grounds are just gorgeous! The pool is spectacular, geyser is unlike anything else you will see at a resort, and the landscaping is unbelievable! I love the river that runs through the hotel and outside into the pool, just lovely! When you enter the WL it has one of the most spectacular lobbies! Massive chandeliers, a towering fireplace, and beautiful wood accents! The restaurants there are also both very good; Whispering canyons can get a little crazy, but Artist point is one of our favorite places to unwind after a long day at the park... the buffalo and cedar plank salmon are amazing!

We also love the boat ride to MK... it is such a peaceful ride!

Just love the lodge....

tmosier
06-05-2008, 06:10 PM
--Queen beds are very comfortable (this coming from the princess in "The Princess and the Pea"!)
--beautiful exterior and interior
--least expensive deluxe resort (also AKL)
--good quick service restaurant
--relaxing boat ride to MK
--stunning lobby, especially when decorated for Christmas

The only negatives are the bus system and the laundry room. The bus ride from WL to AK swore us off from ever again getting on a bus at Disney--- if we don't have our own car, we'd take a taxi instead of taking the bus again (unless we could take the monorail or a boat). As for the laundry room, it is very small and very expensive.

Other than those two things, my family and I LOVED staying at the WL this past November.

SFTrny
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
WL is as close to one of the monorail resorts as you can get. Newer and bigger than Polynesian and Contemporary. Direct boat service to MK and FW (for Hoop De Doo). Boats rentable onsite. Watch the fireworks and Electrical Parade from the beach. WONDERFUL restaurants. We are big Fort Wilderness Fans, but Wilderness Lodge is our second choice.

mouseketeer mom
06-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Wilderness Lodge is the kind of place that you go to and say "aaaah", breathe a little slower, and smile alot more. It is Disney at its best, and you can't help but feel good while you are there. It instantly transports you out of the parks and into relaxation. We love it there, (altho still remains a close second after the Polynesian for us). I hope you get a chance to experience it! Its much more than a place to sleep., its a terrific experience.

Tygger7
06-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I'll echo what the previous posters have said...WL is our hands down favorite resort. I've always dreamed of having my own log cabin, and WL is probably the closest I'll ever get. My favorite things about the lodge:

- The grounds & building are simply breathtaking
- Artist Point
- The pool
- Being able to watch the light parade on the water from the beach
- The boat rides to/from MK
- The beds....I love the beds, & pillows
- Being able to sit on the balcony of your room, read the paper, and drink a cup of coffee in the morning
- It's not a "chaotic" feeling as some of the other resorts. I can really relax there.
- The price: It's the cheapest of the deluxe resorts (along with AKL) so I really feel like I'm getting the most for my money.

I don't know what other resorts they're considering, but they will not be disappointed if they stay at WL.

Happy planning!!

mkymouse0206
06-06-2008, 01:23 PM
We love the Wilderness Lodge!! You get a total WOW factor when you enter the lobby. It has a magical way of relaxing you that you just can't find anywhere else. :cloud9: The smells and the music will transport you to a simpler time. Love the walk to the boat dock pointing out all the animal footprints in the sidewalk. :paw: Take a relaxing boat ride to the MK or to the Contemporary to catch the monorail. We have even witnessed ducks playing in the pool on a rainy afternoon. You can't go wrong with this resort. Have a great time planning your trip!!:pine:

A Mouse Fan
06-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I agree 100% with all the above posts...this resort is AWESOME! I too was hesitant about staying here for the first time...I am not what you call an um...outdoorsy kind of person. The thought of sleeping in a tent makes me want to :fit:...well you get the idea! But the Wilderness Lodge is SO peaceful and I promise NO tents to be found! Really great beds and nicely appointed rooms. This resort makes me tear up, smile and relax all at the same time the minute I walk in.
I personally have never had any trouble with the bus and/or boat transportation and found the buses to arrive within 15 minutes of us arriving at the bus stop.
I would say your parents would enjoy this resort very much!

DisneyWhirled
06-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto...what the above posters have said...

To date, this is my favorite resort on all of Disney property!!!!!!!!!

dmosher
06-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Not that anyone wants to think of their parents being "romantic", but another great way to get them interested in WL is to show them how romantic and peaceful it is. Yes around the pool can be a little loud, but there are so many quiet places to tuck yourself away, or after dark, go for a slow romantic stroll along the beach or trails. This is our (mine and DW's) favorite resort so far, even spent our Honeymoon there!

Definitely a wonderful couples resort. Highly recommended.

:pipes:
D

lawgirl
06-06-2008, 06:01 PM
My husband and I usually stay at the AKL. Last time we decided to do the WL. I absolutely loved it.
-It is close to all the parks
-taking the boat to the MK is awesome!
-the views are great
-the lodge itself is gorgeous
-the dining options are great...everyone was very helpful at the counter service restaurant...I even got a huge double-bacon cheeseburge with extra bacon super late at night...and the server was very nice and friendly, even late at night
-The pool is pretty with the waterfall
-the trails are very nature-y

Overall, I loved it. We'll probably stay there again next time.

BTW, if you are interested in fine dining, try Jiko's at the AKL. We've been to some of the best restaurants in France, and Jiko's impressed us...its right up there!!

Mousemates
06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
If there are more than you and your parents going...i.e. is a disney sibling is coming along, the bunk bed option gives people some much appreciated personal space.