PDA

View Full Version : Small Worlds Beta?

wizardmickey
06-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Hockey was talking about this, so I went and checked it out (no... it's not THAT small world!)
I created a virtual Ice, got a room, put some stuff in it, did some "missions" to earn credits and learn my way around (basically getting credits for doing the tutorial with little quests), played some pool (that was kinda neat) and even found MilkLady for a while. Found Genie later on VFK and he said he'd visited it too.
My opinion; certainly a bit more stimulating that VFK, had no issues manuevering, and nobody looked alike.

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Yes I'm on it to and I go by on there as Genie and my evil conter part just arive on there as well so if you jion look like for Jafar.

Patricia
06-05-2008, 02:56 AM
My name is Patti Cake.. cuz that is what Ice calls me and I had to have a last name in small world. Do we have to call it that????

:thedolls:

And can I just say "Awwwwww, I have a cute little Chihuahua named Chico."

Sweet. :D Thanks for the info Ice and Hockey.

In real life I have a little, blind, one eyed Grand Dog named Chico.. he's so cute.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2008, 03:12 AM
Checked it out for a little bit and it's all right for awhile but the starter missions are boring in the beginning.

FYI - Eventually when they decide to leave beta, the game looks like it will either be just Pay to Play or if you pay then you get extra features.

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 03:25 AM
I am having troble with my missions right now. I complet the first one which is getting a chair but I can't go on. I think I made a mistake cause I got two of the chairs and not one. and I don't know how to get more credit to get more stuff.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2008, 03:27 AM
I think it said that you were only supposed to buy 1 because you would have to have enough credits to go on to the next mission.

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 03:45 AM
so what do i do now fan. Oh I found your name fan and patti milk lady and hockey and tear.

milklady
06-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Genie i am in the same trouble as you. Got the wrong chair first and now dont have enough money to get the right chair so i cant continue. Went to play a game for credits but they Cost credits so that didn't work either. Have no clue what to do now. This game is a little confusion for a old woman lol

JPL
06-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I will have to check it out later today or this weekend I'm just so tired and burnt out from work right now It's difficult to come home and actually want to be on the computer :(

janmathatter
06-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Is this the one where you wear spacesuits and pick a planet?

terri.m
06-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't think so cat.

I got on quick last night and have been on for a few minutes this morning. I definitely don't think it's a game I want the kids to play or see me on so I don't know how much I'll be there. It looks like fun and I love the options of it though!

I need to find someone to help me play a game of pool so i can move on!

wizardmickey
06-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm up for a couple of games of 8-Ball...
Played once last night before my connection was lost and was down to my last ball!!!!
And you're right; this virtual community doesn't seem to be directed towards children, but so far I've seen nor heard anything objectionable.

JPL
06-05-2008, 01:02 PM
It's going to be extremely difficult if not impossible to find a new online world that appeals to both adults and children like VMK did :(

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Well we could go over to Second Life but from past experiences I can tell you that no kids should be playing that. Hardly any moderation at all over there. It's a fun game that lets you be creative if you are old enough to play it. Really can't find another MMORPG that is out there where adults and kids can play together in an interesting game that is stable enough to last more than a couple months.

trackbarroness
06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Is it a place you need to have a friend invite you to? Or is this something else entirely? :confused:

Patricia
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Anyone can go there. It's called Small Worlds. I liked the fact that you can have more than one character on an account.. when the window opens I can choose between icot patti or patti cakes (and there's room for more). Both have the same dog following them around.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
After going over the game more today, I think it has plenty of potential. Giving it the benefit of the doubt since it still only is in beta and not live yet. Probably the closest we will get to VMK though. The game however is not for kids. The chat doesn't look to be moderated, and the music that you can listen to in the game is definately not filtered. Hence the South Park songs...

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Well at less we can hang out in each others rooms and only have members that we place in them. I have put Ice,Tear ,Patti,Fan,Hockey and Lady on as members to my room only.

Patricia
06-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Another nice feature, I can search my friends names and add them to my firend list without them even being there. I have found Ice Rocker Genie, jafar, terri tea and hockey, Dino.

It is taking a long time to load rooms, but if I'm patient they do pop up.

WDWfanatic742
06-05-2008, 03:04 PM
You are Genie Jafar right?

JPL
06-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Figgiefig has arrived in Small Worlds :thumbsup: Didn't have time to do much more than sign up :( I did add Icot Patti to my friends list :D

Patricia
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Add patti cake.. you'll see her more often.

terri.m
06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
i'm terri tea there if anyone wants to add me :mickey:

chrisb26
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
The game is neat although like others have said not exactly for kids. If you do have kids playing I would make sure to have them have their sound off. The songs playing are not filtered or censored. I didn't see much in the way of foul language although you can say numbers and alot of other things.

I do like the game though its much more enjoyable then VFK I will say that. I am Dino Fan in this game!

Patricia
06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Tea! You just left the room I was in.

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 04:21 PM
You are Genie Jafar right?

Yes Fan and also Jafar Genie

chrisb26
06-05-2008, 04:28 PM
This being able to search for your friends is awesome!

I now have Hockey, Figgie, Patti, Milklady, Genie, Tea, and I think fan if your Fan Emater which I think you are lol

trackbarroness
06-05-2008, 05:01 PM
How do you get there? What's the url for it?

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
It's smallworlds.com

janmathatter
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
OK, Nachocat is about to take a permanent vacation from online games. Went to small world thing, got as far as making an avatar, name was available, then after that, i just keep getting the message taking too long to respond, problem with my internet or them. I have no patience left. Just wasted half an hour trying to sign up

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Green cat your in I just saw all 5 of you in there. So u may it.

janmathatter
06-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I did finally make it, but then it froze up my computer. But there is a Nacho Cat there now.

trackbarroness
06-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I was on about half an hour ago. And I have my disneyDreamin title/name on there also.
My room title begins with Dreamers, and I have a cute little puppy that I called Angel. :D

JPL
06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I have played the game for about 20 minutes and will say it makes vfk look like a bigger joke.

Blue Genie
06-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Agree .

trackbarroness
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Genie you were just on small worlds huh? I tried to go to your room but you have it on friends only. Look for me in dreamer's place okay?

chrisb26
06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I must say this game is much more fun then VFK you can do so much more and my dog is so awesome!!

In case you were wondering how to control your pet. You have to type

/pet

after you type that follow it with what you want them to do. So far we have only seen 2 things that work

/pet follow

/pet here

cEveArdenfan
06-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm in. My name is Evie Fangirl. I understand if you find her creepy. I think she needs some more work.

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2008, 06:32 AM
500,000 Points in that Balloon game. Ugh :mad:

BTW, 4,500 Posts!!

trackbarroness
06-06-2008, 07:41 AM
500,000 Points in that Balloon game. Ugh :mad:

BTW, 4,500 Posts!!

Is that how many points you need to get in order to do the quest/mission?
And what's your name on Small worlds?

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Yup, 500,000 points in the Balloon game on the quest after the pool one. My name on there is Fan Emater.

janmathatter
06-06-2008, 09:00 AM
OK I have to say it: who would have thought this game would attract JP's attention? HMMM.... It's a Small World After All!!!!!
:thedolls:

I have played the game for about 20 minutes and will say it makes vfk look like a bigger joke.

cEveArdenfan
06-06-2008, 09:03 AM
I fixed my face, so I don't look creepy anymore and I found a lot of you on to put on my friends list, so I think I'm all set. Just have to decorate my house now. I like this place so far. It was fun listening to Disney music in the Spa last night. Sure, I have a giant head, but I can deal with that.

mickeynuts
06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
What a cute game! I locked out my own name from myself with the 'taking too long to respond' issue they were having. If you search cita you will find Mama Cita 1, 2, and 3, Lolo Cita, and Mamma Cita. All are me but only Mamma is working. Looking forward to finding my way around!
:cool: Laura

*edit* ignore all those other citas, I made a new person and now I'm Mamacita Loco

JPL
06-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Yup, 500,000 points in the Balloon game on the quest after the pool one.

Just completed mine :thumbsup:

chrisb26
06-06-2008, 12:39 PM
For those of you that are buying stuff for your rooms make sure to always have at least 100 credits. Some of the Missions require you to buy things and since you can't earn credits other then missions or tournaments it would be smart not to spend them all lol that is at least until they make it easier to get credits.

Also if you are still wondering what your pet does I found out that if you type

/pet help

It will tell you all the tricks your pet does. Appearently there are a bunch you just have to keep making your pet do the same tricks and he will eventually learn new ones.

Yup, 500,000 points in the Balloon game on the quest after the pool one. My name on there is Fan Emater.

Come on Fan it isn't that difficult I completed it on my first try even though it didn't register :mad: But the second time it did!

I must say the Mini Games here are pretty good Mini Golf, Pool, and lots of classic arcade games pretty fun!

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Well I can't ever get the game working when I play. Got it once but I did it in the pool hall instead of doing it in the game store or whatever it's called. Going to try again...

jjramsey
06-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Small Worlds looks likea well done program, but it is not something I want to turn my kids loose in, so will be keeping them and the family in VFK for now...

JPL
06-06-2008, 02:01 PM
I agree definately not a kid's game but honestly vfk just doesn't seem to have their act together enough yet.

WDWfanatic742
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I can't even enter the game room for some strange reason...

chrisb26
06-06-2008, 03:48 PM
I can't even enter the game room for some strange reason...

I was having the exact same problem it wasn't loading the room I was waiting for a very long time also.

chrisb26
06-06-2008, 05:06 PM
I figured out that you can filter the chat to make sure bad things are not said or seen i think.

You go to the place where you log in then click account settings in the bottom left hand corner then, click Filter then save.

jjramsey
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I agree definately not a kid's game but honestly vfk just doesn't seem to have their act together enough yet.

Yep, VFK has many miles to travel before it is beyond the stroll'n chat stage...

Chescat
06-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Chescat Bluerat has been created. :mickey:

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
This place is so much cooler then VFK. I didn't know what to name my self so I went with my pirate name Horizon SeaCastle

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Great game :) I love the pets, they're so adorable ^_^ So many options for faces, clothes, etc. compared to VFK, so it's a nice change. Cool graphics, and I spent a lot of time on my room decor, so it's pretty interesting. :D Look for Little Doll and her Fluffy cat! :P

trackbarroness
06-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Doll what's your name on Small worlds? So that your not mistaken for not being from inside out.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-07-2008, 12:33 PM

How do i pass this quest if you can't even get into game planet?

also how can i get more money or poker chips as they look like? I bought the wrong guest book last night and don't have enough to get the right one for this one quest i am on.?

WDWfanatic742
06-07-2008, 12:35 PM
You can't which stinks. Looked in the forum and according to their staff they are currently working on the problem.

chrisb26
06-07-2008, 01:16 PM
How do i pass this quest if you can't even get into game planet?

also how can i get more money or poker chips as they look like? I bought the wrong guest book last night and don't have enough to get the right one for this one quest i am on.?

You can't get into the room right now as Fan said they are working on it since yesterday it wasn't loading for anybody.

However as far as earning credits go I read that they currently have the earning credits turned off of the games for some reason so the only way to get money is by winning a tournament or by completing quests.

WDWfanatic742
06-07-2008, 01:25 PM
BTW, as far as I read, the game will be in beta until March...

chrisb26
06-07-2008, 01:40 PM
BTW, as far as I read, the game will be in beta until March...

The game originally opened for Beta in January of this year. They had planned to stay in beta and open in March which obviously didn't happen lol But now in the FAQ section I believe it says it will open June 2008 which would be some time this month.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I just found out from some other VMK players that the more you play with your pet they more they learn.

They already know Stay, Follow and Here

What I've learn so far:
Beg
Spin
Jump
Chase Tail
Side Jump
Shake Jump
Circle Jump
Jump and Spin

Chescat
06-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Some information I read looking at the site stuff:

This was under blogs:

Register for the open beta now

SmallWorlds has been in development for 18 months, but from Monday 2nd June at noon PDT, it will become available to the general public. However, for the first 1,000 people to sign up for the beta we are offering exclusive access to the product 1 week earlier. Go to the SmallWorlds site now and click on the orange “Register for Beta” button and be one of the first web users to see why Mark Szulc of Adobe called SmallWorlds “the best online interactive experience currently on the web.”

It still said sometimes in June for opening.

chrisb26
06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I was looking at the forums area Small Worlds has set up to answer questions for people. I came across the one about the Game Lounge being closed.

One of the staff said that they are working on it and it should be back up Monday Night.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I was looking at the forums area Small Worlds has set up to answer questions for people. I came across the one about the Game Lounge being closed.

One of the staff said that they are working on it and it should be back up Monday Night.

Yeah i went in there last night and could not move or do anything, very weird.

trackbarroness
06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Perhaps after they do bring it back the mission for that room will register?

chrisb26
06-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Have any of you had trouble saving your pictures, music, or videos on the items in your room? If so I'll let you know how to save them :)

When you click on the item go to configure from there you will see a list click on search if it isn't already on that screen and you can search for anything you want. If its pictures, music, or videos.

After you find what you want click the little + button that will add it to your list. Next click Save.

After that the stuff should be saved to your play list and shouldn't disappear again.

Hope this helps! :)

wizardmickey
06-09-2008, 12:25 PM
While going for the 10 person mission last night (TY to those who got the message and came) and then returning the favor for others, I encountered Juliana Smallworlds; a shiney outlined staff. She said Beta will end and it will go live in August if all goes according to plan, and that they're working on the game lounge or game planet issue (apparently its actually an outside source or game? I didn't quite understand that part.)
Staff here seems nice, willing to answer questions and be on friends lists.

JPL
06-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Have any of you had trouble saving your pictures, music, or videos on the items in your room? If so I'll let you know how to save them :)

After that the stuff should be saved to your play list and shouldn't disappear again.

Just an FYI if the game is having before, during or right after you save they might not save. I had this happen twice :(

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-09-2008, 01:11 PM

When you click on the item go to configure from there you will see a list click on search if it isn't already on that screen and you can search for anything you want. If its pictures, music, or videos.

After you find what you want click the little + button that will add it to your list. Next click Save.

Hope this helps! :)

Thank you, I was starting to hate i had to go in on my tv and Radio and redo my play list almost every time!

chrisb26
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I encountered Juliana Smallworlds; a shiney outlined staff. She said Beta will end and it will go live in August if all goes according to plan, and that they're working on the game lounge or game planet issue (apparently its actually an outside source or game? I didn't quite understand that part.)
Staff here seems nice, willing to answer questions and be on friends lists.

Thanks for posting this I was going to also say this. They seem to keep pushing back Beta which is fine with me let them take their time and finish the game correctly so it will open and work properly. Also by it being in Beta means we get all the features for free :D.

Speaking of free I heard from somebody that also spoke to Juliana who said the game would be free but there would be premium content that you would have to pay to get. Which I do know some of it. Your houses for example. When you first signed up you saw there were two different types of houses one was I think regular and the other premium the big one would probably be received from a paid account also from what I have heard you will be able to buy money in the game using real money.

Although I have no idea what the ratio would be for the money I guess we just have to wait and see!

Blue Genie
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
If I'm reading the FAQ right after beta is over we loss all the stuff we have is that right. I don't want to start it all over again to get the stuff I have.

WDWfanatic742
06-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Right, that's how most if all games are that are planned to be pay to play anymore when they start out in a public beta. It's for everyone that did test it to be at the same level when the game starts out. Same thing happened to Toontown and POTCO. Only reason why VMK didn't have that happen was probably because it was only planned to last about a year and back then there weren't nearly as many people playing it as there were later on.

Patricia
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
VMK didn't have to change the set up to go to a pay system either.. so no need to reset for that.

When this changes to pay, they will likely have to reset it all.

chrisb26
06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
They reopened the Game Planet tonight which I have to say I'm happy about not only because people will be able to finish their missions but because they told us the room would reopen Monday Night and it did! Finally a game that says something will happen and it does!

JPL
06-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah finally finished the Swarm part of my Mission :)

WDWfanatic742
06-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Got up to the Mini Golf :thumbsup:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Doll what's your name on Small worlds? So that your not mistaken for not being from inside out.

Little Doll is my name :) I haven't been on for a few days though. :D

wizardmickey
06-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I got as far as checkers (Milklady let me win) and yet it never showed me passing the mission, and when I kept trying to click on it to refresh, I lost the connection, and as of now haven't been able to log back in!
May need some help again later....

milklady
06-10-2008, 08:57 AM
This is way ahead of VFK. I have played it and think it is great!!. Nice finding everyone again. Now off to try and win a game of pool with two people.:thumbsup:

TinkRocks
06-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Dot Rocks is in the hoooooooooouuussseee!

:rotfl:

Thanks to everyone for helping me get settled into the game. So far so good!

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Has anyone been able to get into the spa since the Cheakers mission?

wizardmickey
06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
GiltterDisneyGirl; Has anyone been able to get into the spa since the Cheakers mission?
Assuming you mean since last night?
For some odd reason, ever since I won my game of checkers (that never registered on my mission box) and tried refreshing/logging back in, I haven't been able to get past the load screen for my own room.
I am stuck.
Ice is knocking but he can't get in!

chrisb26
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
According the the people at Small Worlds they are working on one of the Servers that is used to run the Spa which is causing people to have problems connecting some of the other rooms. They said it should be fixed soon.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Well it seems since I took a nap they fixed all the problems! :D

ok maybe not golf :(

trackbarroness
06-11-2008, 07:05 AM
Some people seem able to play it but for some reason I couldn't get pass the first tee. I've played these mini golf games before and never had problems that I had last night. Do you really have to play with 4 players? I couldn't believe the amount of trouble I had trying to get the ball to move let alone show that I hit the ball. I gave up at the first hole without sinking the ball. So I'm glad I'm not on that mission yet. I hope they get it working right soon. Have you all noticed how many VMK'ers have moved over to this site?

WDWfanatic742
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
We migrate as a group :D

wizardmickey
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
So what you're saying is that we, and those of our similiar ilk, are by nature a migratory species? My Mom warned me about friends like you.... jumping off of roofs and what not!

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
I was at the golf mission for about 7 hours stright last night and I give up! :mad:

Patti_C
06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Ok, do I need someone to invite me to start playing this game? You guys make it sound like it could be fun.

Blue Genie
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Disney we all were having trouble last night in the golf. Me,Ice and Milk Lady were doing the mission of four but when we got down with the first hole to go on the second it would not show up right. I think it was Lady or a nother girl just hit the ball then I think it was my turn but my ball wasn't showing up. So there was something wrong. Cause after I got back on from the dc monster. R U in this game Snarky!! everything was quite and only me and Lady were left so we try it again thinking it was all the lag but after Lady got her hold in one in the first hold and after I got my sixth in the hole we when to the second hole and it wasn't working again.

chrisb26
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't think anybody has had the mini golf game finish successfully in a game of 4 I know when we were playing last night the first game we got to hole 3 and it stopped working then the second the game broke in the 2nd hole.

After reading some things on the Small Worlds forums they have said to hopefully have this problem fixed when they do their next big update which is supposed to occur this weekend hopefully.

Chescat
06-11-2008, 08:57 PM
So what you're saying is that we, and those of our similiar ilk, are by nature a migratory species? My Mom warned me about friends like you.... jumping off of roofs and what not!
I thought we were. You find one of us, you find all of us. Plus we all seem to migrate to either Florida or Anaheim certain times of the year. Hmm! :cool:

SparkleMeTink
06-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Ok guys, I signed up today. Made Sparkle Metink...and my cat Truman. and got to my room and ready for first quest...go to Mary's Antiques, but got message that the room couldn't load. Now what am I supposed to do?!?!? :confused:

Arg, now it goes between connecting and never connecting to can't load room completely. Why does this always happen to me?!? me and beta just don't get along.

Ayndi
06-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Someone mentioned Second Life way up the thread somewhere.

It's an 18+ world, though it is possible to have an area to yourself that only allows certain people so you don't have to deal with any adult things.

I'm there all the time, and I rarely see mature stuff.

Patricia
06-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah finally finished the Swarm part of my Mission :)

Ok.. I give up. Who will play swarm for me?

Never mind. I did it!
I realized I could move around and it was so much easier. That boss had nothing on me..

Patricia
06-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok, do I need someone to invite me to start playing this game? You guys make it sound like it could be fun.

Consider this your official invitation! :clappy:

Come and join us at "Small Worlds". Just don't call it that.. ew. :thedolls:

WDWfanatic742
06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I think if there was no Small Worlds, we could probably be able to go over to Second Life. The problem I don't think would be the other people in the game but more of the power of the computer needed to play the game is so high, that some people wouldn't be able to play. They have an 18+ area and a teen area, however if you enter the teen area and you are an adult, if they find out they will come after you. They don't mess around with that.

chrisb26
06-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Ok guys, I signed up today. Made Sparkle Metink...and my cat Truman. and got to my room and ready for first quest...go to Mary's Antiques, but got message that the room couldn't load. Now what am I supposed to do?!?!? :confused:

Arg, now it goes between connecting and never connecting to can't load room completely. Why does this always happen to me?!? me and beta just don't get along.

It's not just you I promise ;)

Lots of people are having issues right now but the staff know and are working on it.

chrisb26
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Hockey thinks I need my eyes checked when it is her that needs the eye piece. She doesn't believe that her cat only has a head and no body but here is proof of her scary cat ;)

Hockeys Scary Cat Fortissimo (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/Small%20Worlds/Hockeysscarycat.jpg)

I think that is how you spell it lol

wizardmickey
06-13-2008, 12:52 AM
HOLY GUACAMOLE HOCKEY!!!!!!
First it was the Hummer incident over on VFK and now this??? What have you been feeding that cat anyway?

Ayndi
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Anyone who can play POTC can use Second Life, though dial up isn't a good idea.

chrisb26
06-13-2008, 01:05 PM
HOLY GUACAMOLE HOCKEY!!!!!!

First it was the Hummer incident over on VFK and now this??? What have you been feeding that cat anyway?

Well obviously she isn't feeding her cat at all if it got so skinny that you can only see the head. Which is not nice Hockey :nono:

I am one of those that is having problems when trying to load Second Life but when I was able to play I didn't really care for it I think I'll be sticking with Small Worlds for now.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-13-2008, 01:34 PM

Well I don't have Dial up anymore, but i think i'm already playing too many games already. I'm not getting anything done around the house with work and sleep already.

WDWfanatic742
06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Plus the fact that I would have to make up an account in order to get on the adult version of Second Life. And we never should lie, should we? ;)

Tiggerdog
06-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Well obviously she isn't feeding her cat at all if it got so skinny that you can only see the head. Which is not nice Hockey :nono:

Fortissimo eats like a pig! He wakes me up at 4 a.m. every morning for his kitty crunchies.

It's just that at 21, his metabolisim is so good that he appears to be disappearing.

chrisb26
06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
After going around the shops I found out there are a couple different types of Stereos to choose from. They play a couple types of music also.

BoomBox (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/Small%20Worlds/CDPlayer.jpg) - This is a portable CD player that uses Last.fm

DJ Stand (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/Small%20Worlds/DJStand.jpg)- This DJ Stand also uses Last.fm

Last.fm Stereo (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/Small%20Worlds/LastfmStereo.jpg) - This stereo uses Last.fm

Seeqpod Stereo (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/Small%20Worlds/SeeqpodStereo.jpg) - This stereo uses Seeqpod music

Vintage Radio (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/Small%20Worlds/VintageRadio.jpg) - Uses Last.fm

The Last.fm requires you to use your own play list which you can have music streaming from your computer. If you download the program it will allow you to stream the music. The only catch is if the website doesn't have permission to play the artist it wont play the song. So basically all the music I have which I would have played Disney Music it wont allow to play so it defeats the purpose.

The Seeqpod is probably the best you are able to search for any song you want if they have the song in their database you will be able to use it. Which from what I have seen there are lots of songs to choose from. There are only a few songs that I haven't been able to find from them.

I would recommend buying the Seeqpod Stereo since it is the easiest to use and you'll be able to find the music your looking for.

The Stereos are on sale at different stores however Dan's Imports has 4 stereos they each cost 100 tokens or credits.

Ayndi
06-13-2008, 06:34 PM
:P

Well, Second Life isn't a game, so that makes it a bit different.

I can't get into VFK at all, and I haven't yet tried Small Worlds.

chrisb26
06-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I forgot to mention this before but those of you with children that were concerned about what is said and heard in the game. The Small Worlds staff is taking what we say into consideration. They have changed all the radios in public places that played music to the Last.fm stereos that way the only music played is music chosen by the Small Worlds staff themselves which seems like more instrumental.

This is good and from what I've seen with the filter on you really don't hear that much bad things being said. The worst I've seen with it on is people give personal info. Which could be a problem. Now with out this filter not so nice things are said but as long as you have it on you should be fine.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-14-2008, 03:28 PM
They have an 18+ area and a teen area, however if you enter the teen area and you are an adult, if they find out they will come after you. They don't mess around with that.

That kinda stinks. There are people of all ages in our little group here, so would that mean we would have to split up to play? :/

JPL
06-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Doll

No worries most of us are on Small Worlds which seems to be our new home with alot of other ex-VMKers :thumbsup:

chrisb26
06-15-2008, 11:15 AM
:ditto:

I agree this really looks like our new home we haven't really had any major problems so far other then some small ones. But it's still Beta.

Also as I've said before the mod's there and the people running the game really seem to listen to what we say which is great.

When they locked the stereos to all their public rooms that was a great start. True not all music is blocked but now at least you wont have to really worry about what your kids may hear on the radios in the public rooms.

I think they realize how many of us there are from VMK over there. Their forums have a thread about people from VMK so far there are over 110 posts of people saying they are from VMK and that is just from the people that have posted I'm sure there are more.

WDWfanatic742
06-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Think we spent our first all nighter on SW last night. We were on until 1:30am :D

Blue Genie
06-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Well the only real problem I have with me is the raido. I know when this come real or live what ever it comes after beta I will not get any radio. It's just making me so crazy that you all can hear the music from begging to the end and I only hear maybe 30 to 40 seconds of the music. So far the only ones I can hear from start to finish that I got are.

Olivia Newton John' Xanadu
" " " =Soild Kiss
" " "=Let's get phisacle [ms]
Lionel Richie=Dancing on the Ceiling
Lionel Richie={I forget the song right now but if u go to my room u will see the name of that song.}
Ashley Gearing=If you Can Dream from Disney Princess.
and Jeniffer Love Hewitt or how I call her Love Hewitt=Couldn't fine another Man.

The others I have on my list can't hear all of it but 10 to 20 second.

So that's the only down full for me really. But I do like this place alot better then VFK.

Blue Genie
06-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Is anyone else having trouble getting in to Small world right now. I can't get in there from both of my characters Genie Jafar or Motor Master. I get the loading to my room but I can't get in to them.

WDWfanatic742
06-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Game is working fine for me...

chrisb26
06-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I am also able to get in the game but have been having many problems getting to certain rooms. Maybe they are working on something right now.

Marla
06-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi all! I am in the game! My name is Tink Collector. I entered everyone from here to my fiends list. I need to know three names. What is Ice's name, Hockey and Figgie? Other than that I think I got everyone. Also, I cannot get in the first quest/mission. I need to get into the antiques store and it will not load. Is it my server or the game? I sure hope it is not my server as I really want to play this with everyone. Also, I saw that Patti was in the game and that she needed 10 players to come and dance in her room. I went there and no Patti? But the game said she was there. I have not created a pet yet. Could that be a problem? Okay that's enough questions for now. I sure hope this works for everyone, it is like finding a new home.:thumbsup::fingers::woohoo::yay::tink:

chrisb26
06-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi all! I am in the game! My name is Tink Collector. I entered everyone from here to my fiends list. I need to know three names. What is Ice's name, Hockey and Figgie? Other than that I think I got everyone. Also, I cannot get in the first quest/mission. I need to get into the antiques store and it will not load. Is it my server or the game? I sure hope it is not my server as I really want to play this with everyone. Also, I saw that Patti was in the game and that she needed 10 players to come and dance in her room. I went there and no Patti? But the game said she was there. I have not created a pet yet. Could that be a problem? Okay that's enough questions for now. I sure hope this works for everyone, it is like finding a new home.:thumbsup::fingers::woohoo::yay::tink:

Glad to see you joined!

For the names its

Hockey - Avalanche Hockeyfan
Ice - Ice Rocker
Figgie - Figgiefig Imagine

I have heard many people are having problems getting into the antique store so it's not just you I think there are a few rooms that are having problems right now.

I also see Patti as on even though she isn't and hasn't for a while lol

As far as the pet goes you can create one now if you want after you do a few missions you will have one that tells you to create one so you can wait until then or just make one now.

Marla
06-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks Chris! I sure hope your right. Since I went to satelite I could no longer play Haunted Mansion on VMK. My old server loaded quickly and I had no problems. Now that I live in the middle of no where, satelite is my only choice. I went back into SmallWorlds and Patti's room was still available, but no Patti and so was Genie's. So that must be a game glitch right now, as I was able to access another room and talk with players. I am still having no luck with getting into the antique store. I will keep trying as I am assuming until I finish that quest/mission I can not do any others. Thanks again for answering my questions.:thumbsup::tink:

Blue Genie
06-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I still can't get into my rooms. I have try it with all 4 computers. This one I'm on my mom's lap top and my dad's lap top and my dad's computer like this one I'm on. I guess I wasn't to be on this game send day one I had alots of trouble on it. So I guess I'm out of Small Worlds. and go back to boarding VFK.

Chescat
06-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Does this have anything to do with his latest version of Flash? I haven't been able to get on anything very much lately, so I wouldn't know. What do you guys think?

Patricia
06-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Ohhhh.. Ghost patti!

Scary.

I was only on for a few minutes this morning. I guess everyone thought I was there because I had lots of mail when I arrived this evening. :)

I was finally able to load the spa after 3 days and win checkers. :)

The staff is working on a patch to fix the public room/shops issues and stated 2-3 days before it's fixed.

Genie.. like anything in beta, there will be days you can and days you can't do things. Be patient.

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I've been having problems too loading rooms, and you just have to keep trying sometimes and pray it loads. I even have a friend Mickey Beast that keeps saying his online but his not. odd but now i know its not just him.

if i haven't said already here is my screen name
Main Avater
Horizon SeaCastle

GiltterDisneyGirl VMK

DisneyGoth Girl

chrisb26
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I just got this off their website:

Smallworlds will be unavailable from 18 June, 20:30 PDT, for a period of approximately 4 hours, while we perform scheduled maintenance. We appreciate your patience, and hope to see you back in Smallworlds soon.

Hopefully this will fix some of the bugs they have been having.

I also recieved this message in game last night from Shopie Smallworlds:

Hi there mission goer. SmallWorlds has released a few new missions and because you reached the end of some of our previous missions, we've updated your mission log with the new missions available. Get out there and have some fun :)

There are now some new quests! It also looks like they changed the quest where you had to play mini golf you now have to score 100,000 in Crazy Ape.

milklady
06-23-2008, 01:25 AM
So glad we have a place to met up at. And if you are worried about kids you can use the filter. I would still be very careful about kids. cant wait to find everyone agian:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
07-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Fix for the disappearing item issue:

Several people have reported that items (chairs, tables etc.) have disappeared from their spaces. If you have lost items from your space, please take the following steps to get them back:

1) Put an item (any item) in your space.
2) Leave your space, and ensure that there is no one else in the space.
Within a short time, the lost items should appear in your inventory (not in your room). Note that they might not appear immediately.

Thank you for your patience.

chrisb26
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
For those of you still struggling with the Crazy Ape game and getting 100,000 I have some tips that might help you. I finally got it tonight!

Here is what I did:

The first two levels I stayed on the top two levels just holding down the space bar. This will make the shots come out non-stop. It is easier this way just using two levels to deal with.

Once you finally get to stage three with the snake what you need to do its get him all blue by shooting him. The way this can be done is get to the top and just keep that continuous shot going. If the gets to close jump down some levels and make your way back to the upper left corner.

Once he is all blue don't kill him by running into him. Instead start collecting as much fruit as you can. Each piece of fruit is worth 200 points. If the snake gets too close to you then do the same thing you did when he was able to hurt you by running back towards the left avoiding him.

Eventually you'll have 100,000 and have passed the mission.

This is a very slow process and took me about 20-25 minutes to complete but it is the easiest way to do the mission.

Hope this helps :)

Marla
07-20-2008, 09:26 PM
I have been having fun with this game. But, I know I have not completed all the missions but it says I did:confused:. So I guess I will need to make another character so that I can get points to get stuff. I have one mission left that it says I have not completed, but I did, weird, huh.:tink:

Patricia
07-21-2008, 05:57 PM
It is a weird set up.. but I think you can't get new missions till you complete the ones in the queue. So, if your seeing a mission there, try doing it again and see if any new ones pop up. The last mission is right after the Crazy Ape video game mission.. I think it's synchronized sitting.

Sadly, I'm not online much while working long summer hours. So, I never see anyone.

Hi everyone! :wave:

chrisb26
07-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Here is an update from Mitch Olsen who is the Co-Founder of the game.

Hey folks. Man have we been slack about keeping you guys posted with whats coming up. Its been on my to-do list for a while now but always keeps getting bumped by what seems like more important stuff at the time. My apologies.

Anyway - I am going to post a preview on our blog next week on our upcoming release due late August. We were originally planning to have a release due out this month but we decided for a number of reasons to add more content into the next release, and delay it a few weeks.

One of the biggest features in the next release is 3-fold enhancements to the mission system - that is (i) enhancements to the basic mission system, so that for instance puzzles and quizzes can be incorporated into them; (ii) more mission content, including repeatable missions, & (iii) user-creatable missions! Thats right - you will be able to create your own missions and share them with your friends and other users.

Some of the other new features coming up include;

* a new set of game arcade machines and heaps more casual games
* spells & potions (this is very cool - I'll pop a video up previewing this next week too)
* food & drink
* more items of clothing
* web page embeddability - ability to embed a simple Room-based IM Chat or the whole "player" in any web page

Beyond the August release, we are planning on our release after that being in late October at which point we will be exiting beta. Between August and October you'll also see a few more bits and pieces too including some Facebook applications.

Again I thank you for your patience, and we promise to be in better communication with you all in the future.

Warm regards

Mitch Olson
Co-founder

It sounds pretty neat with the updates coming also looks like the game will exit Beta in late October if things go to plan. So we still have some time before we are going to have to start over.

One thing I think is great about this game is they are not rushing to get out of Beta they keep pushing it back because they realize they are not ready which is good.

trackbarroness
07-28-2008, 05:39 AM
You all are on Smallworlds late in the day huh?
And yeah I've been MIA on there for almost a week, I think. Also same thing with the other game as well. Never seem able to log on when anyone else is online on either game. Wouldn't know how to find any of you on Pirates. That's another game I haven't been onto either.
Let me know so I will log on and see you guys soon okay?

Chescat
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
You all are on Smallworlds late in the day huh?
And yeah I've been MIA on there for almost a week, I think. Also same thing with the other game as well. Never seem able to log on when anyone else is online on either game. Wouldn't know how to find any of you on Pirates. That's another game I haven't been onto either.
Let me know so I will log on and see you guys soon okay?
Disney, what we've been trying to do is gather on Friday nights between 8:00-10:00pm west coast time/11:00-1:00 east coast time.

People keep trying to get on and not find each other then log out. JP and I got on I think about 8:30 on Friday night and we noticed people started popping on.

I won't be on this next Friday since I'll be watching XGames, but will be on most of the Fridays when I can. :)

wizardmickey
07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
I do a Drive-By at for at least 5 minutes every night if I can...
According to that time frame, that would be 10:00-midnight CST (everybody always forgets us poor people stuck in the middle.) :(
That almost works, as I'm normally getting home about 10 and it takes me at least an hour or 2 to wind down. It was hugely cool the other night (was that Friday? Days tend to blur!) when we had so many of us on at once - Nacho, Rocks, JP, Cat, Fluffies, Patti... and I know there was someone else (was it Genie or Dino?) for a little mini-party! Whoooooooooooo!!!!!

Patricia
07-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Ice, I think it was Fan that was there with us.

It was nice to see everyone for the short time I had. I hadn't seen some of you in ages (Fluffies!). It's unlikely I'll get on this Friday night as I have company coming and going all week. Hugs!

wizardmickey
07-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Patricia: Ice, I think it was Fan that was there with us.
Yeah, that's what I meant to say! It's all that loud music and staying up all night (not my age) that makes me sooooooo forgetful and - hey, what were we talking about?

trackbarroness
07-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I'll log on Friday nights to see you all. :D I told someone today I missed VMK specially with the dictionary dancing. :D Lolol
A little birdy done told me that Disney very well be taking a trip out to DLR next year during the month of September.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Yay Disney :) I'll try to make it on Friday night also. Cheese got me on POTCO so I'd better catch up to the rest of you! :P

Chescat
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Yay Disney :) I'll try to make it on Friday night also. Cheese got me on POTCO so I'd better catch up to the rest of you! :P
Yay, we got you off the docks of Tortuga after all these months. Hope to see you soon. :)

Was thinking since I don't know if you guys got together last Friday, maybe we should connect up maybe on Thursday night this week or try on Sunday night sometime on SmallWorlds. DotRocks reminded me that friday is the opening of the Olympics, so figure a lot of people will be busy watching the opening ceremonies.

Chescat
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Since its Thursday night already, I guess do we want to try Sunday night? :confused:

wizardmickey
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, in another window, I am sitting in Smallworlds wondering where everyone is.

Did I miss it? Was there a specific time planned? I shall wander about for a while...

trackbarroness
08-10-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm sorry haven't exactly been feeling up to snuff lately. My allerghies are kicking my bum in. :ill: One of my bosses asked me yesterday if I wanted to extended and I told him that I normally would but my allergies where getting the best of me.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Sorry you haven't been feeling so good, Disney. Hope you get better :) Unfortunately I was pulled into another outta-town cult, so I was unable to make it >_< Hopefully nothing else will get in the way in the future :P