PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining w/o kids?

AliceFan
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Does anyone go to character meals without kids? If so, which ones have you been to?

I would really like to go to one during my upcoming trip with DH and I have been to a couple, but only with children.

Thanks for your input! :mickey:

Seasonscraps
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I have been to Crystal Palace, Cape May Cafe and some other buffet in the Swan or Dolphin with out kids. :D

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
My husband and I have no children and love the character meals. We love to go to Ohanas for breakfast, Tusker House for breakfast, Chef Mickeys' for dinner, Crystal Palace for breakfast and dinner, and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. All the meals are great!!! And the characters are wonderful. You can't go wrong with any of them. Have fun choosing for your trip.:sulley:

:turkey: Next trip November 24th thru
December 5th at the POP!!:santa:

Aggie97
06-04-2008, 07:48 PM
My husband and I have been to Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern. We really liked the villains dinner they used to do at 1900 Park Fare. I think Chef Mickey's breakfast is our current favorite. We always get fun photos with the characters there. :mickey:

DISFREAKS
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
DW and I have been on 2 trips w/o DD and we always do at least a couple of character meals. We always do breakfast at Ohanas :stitch2::mjump::pluto:and dinner at Liberty Tree:minnie2::pluto::goofy2::dale::chip:

Taja
06-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Two middle-aged females, no children on most trips.

Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Faire and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. We never manage breakfast. *LOL*

Bethis26fan
06-04-2008, 08:38 PM
We've been to Crystal palace, LTT, Garden Grill all with out children and had a blast and took photos with the characters

SurferStitch
06-04-2008, 09:25 PM
DH and I don't have children yet, and we love to do character meals.

Our faves:

breakfast at 'Ohana (Stitch RULES!!!)
breakfast at Tusker House (best food)
breakfast at Crystal Palace
Dinner at LTT
breakfast at 1900 Park Fare (I love Mary Poppins)

ILoveLegos
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm 37 & single without kids - I've done Crystal Palace with just my mom and with my mom and our two best friends. We had a blast both times. Just a suggestion if there will be just two at your table or if you want you whole group in charater pictures, get a table top tripod for your camera and use the timer feature.

Also if you are shy of the character's attention - they will move on without much fuss. Rather though I'd suggest getting involved with the interactive fun and twirl those napkins and or march in the parade- at Disney everyone can be a kid again! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-04-2008, 10:49 PM
DH & I went to character meals on our honeymoon, and really enjoyed them all! The characters were wonderful!

We did Liberty Tree Tavern, Donald's Breakfast, & CRT!

Kairi_7378
06-04-2008, 11:12 PM
My co worker (a foodie) goes to Chef Mickey's on every trip with her husband. They don't have kids and it's their favorite character meal.

joanna71985
06-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Does anyone go to character meals without kids? If so, which ones have you been to?

I would really like to go to one during my upcoming trip with DH and I have been to a couple, but only with children.

Thanks for your input! :mickey:

I think for me, the question would be which one I haven't done (my hobby is to do all of the character meals, and I am almost done). I have eaten at:
CRT (breakfast and lunch)
CP (breakfast and lunch/dinner)
LTT (dinner)
CM (breakfast)
Swan (dinner)
DHS (breakfast)
Norway (breakfast)
GG (lunch)
AK (old character breakfast)

I will be doing 1900 Park Fare dinner and the new AK breakfast this summer.

The only ones I need to do are 1900 Park Fare breakfast, Poly breakfast, Cape May Breakfast, and I feel like I am forgetting one.

GrmGrninGost
06-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Kids, no kids, it doesn't matter! Character meals are fun! Go!! Enjoy!! :mickey:

like2workout
06-05-2008, 09:24 AM
i've also been to just about every character meal available without kids. i get pictures with the characters and they are always great. they entertain everyone!

DisneyTeen
06-05-2008, 10:05 AM
No kids yet, we enjoy some of the breakfasts with Characters. I have found that sometimes the charaters will spend more time with us for some reason. We do play along and thank them for pictures and stuff and it seems they apprecated that and so it in comming back many times. Once at the beach club breakfast I was wearing my redsox hat and Goofy came over and threw it on the ground and sat down at the table and we started to have a conversation about the yankees and redsox. I was talking, he was writting on the table with crayons. He was there for a good 15 minutes and it was packed, I think sometimes they enjoy the interaction with someone else other than younger childern, gives them alittle break I would think.

avantgardeinker
06-05-2008, 10:48 AM
DH and I went to the Cinderella dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Suzy and Perla flirted with DH all night! We had a great time!! We also went to Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. The interaction is great! They never treated us any differently because we didn't have kids.

:mickey: