PDA

View Full Version : Family at Poly

thejens
06-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Friday, May 30, 2008 Magic Kingdom, the Poly, Narcoose’s and Magic Kingdom
We didn’t get to the park at the opening and we dilly dallied getting pastries in the confectionary. We headed to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Lindsey and Zac did this for the first time. Ben rode with Mom and Lindsey and Zac rode with me. They both loved it and wanted to ride again. We fast passed it and headed on over to the Bippity Boppity Boutique. It really was beautiful and impressive. Lindsey was thrilled in her own quiet way. The boys got Cool Dude do’s first. Zac was so cute. They both had Mickey’s on the back of their heads. (Mom's: do not wear anything fancy and possibly bring an extra shirt to change into after the kid's hair smears all over you!) Lindsey’s elaborate “Diva Do” took much, much longer. It was fun watching her get all this attention. She had on her own real (thrift shop) gown instead of the standard Disney dresses. She looked very elegant and others asked where we got the dress. I would have chosen the austere and elegant princess bun, but Lindsey chose the Diva Doo. Lindsey is so striking she did not need the teased locks they gave her. She loved it though and they all looked great for lunch in the castle at Cinderella’s Royal Table. First we had pictures with Cinderella who was a very gracious hostess. Zac was not especially cooperative having a sudden aversion to all character photo ops. The boys were offered swords and girls received a star wishing wand. Zac wanted and received the wand instead. There was a wishing ceremony that I thought was anticlimactic considering all the fuss they made. The food was good. Ben and I shared a sandwich and Major Domo’s Beef Pie. We also shared a raspberry sorbet and chocolate muffin dessert. They were better together. It was very nice and I think it was a huge event for my sweet niece. We headed back to Frontierland and Fastpassed Splash then headed to the hall of Presidents. We caught the Woody parade a few times. It is cute. After doing the Hall of Presidents, Big Thunder Mountain we headed to Splash. I was a little worried about how Zac and Lindsey would do, but hoped they would enjoy it. I hugged them a little bit each time we went over a little hill. On the big drop they look so little in the picture! Definitely scared, yet when we landed with a big splash they both laughed and Zac said it was “awesome!” I was proud of them both. Amazingly, Lindsey’s princess locks were still in place and not a bit damp.

Tired, we headed back to the Poly for a rest and a swim. Maybe I should be napping, but the lovely tropical ambiance of the pool area is very seductive.It was funny to me that Lindsey happily removed her sparkling locks and dove into the pool! A nice balance for a modern day princess! Too soon it is time to head to Nardcoose’s. The plan was for the kids to dine with us, but Zac has a fit and demands to be taken to Simba’s. I discover that the Mousketeer Club has openings so we let the kids relax. Surprisingly for such an over the top resort, the kid’s club is tiny and very much an afterthought. All kids give this one the lowest rating, but seem happy there nonetheless. Dinner at Narcooses is great, but we are honestly tired of eating so much. The lobster bisque, mussels, heirloom tomato salad and lobster are all wonderful. The waitress can’t believe we don’t want dessert, but we can’t even look at it. It is nice to watch the electric water pageant from our window.

Ben and I sneak off and make it to Magic Kingdom just in time for Wishes after dinner. We ride Buzz Lightyear and head home. I am enjoying my boys on this trip.

SBETigg
06-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, the dining plan is great but the food can be a bit much. I do love Narcoossee's, though. So glad to hear the boys had a fun time at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, too. Cool that you worked in the extra ride and Wishes time in the MK!

Bethis26fan
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I did not realize that they also did boy's hair at Bibbidi. Sounds like all the kids had fun. Another really great day for your gang. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Ropachs
06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
So nice to hear you had a good time with your boys, it can be difficult to find happy quality moments as they get older! I'm hoping to have some on our trip:)

tinkerbell04
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
That was nice that you got to spend some alone time with Ben at the MK in the evening. Thanks for sharing, you really are having a nice trip.

faline
06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
You are all having such a wonderful time plus you are getting in such a nice mixture of park and swimming time!

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Great day! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks for sharing another great day!!:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for sharing your report...

MauiMouse
06-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Another fantastic day and a great dinner, sounds like a great day to me. :mickey:

pox24
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds great. Thanks for reporting.