PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Area Hotels

elmjimmlm
06-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know of a good hotel close to Disney? We are planning on doing our 12 hour drive this year in one day :car: and we want to stay right outside of Disney for the night before our check in...
We want to stay in a decent place and we don't want to :spend: too much...We would also like to stay where there may be a continental breakfast...
:thanks: for any suggestions...

OogieBoogieMan
06-04-2008, 09:17 PM
There is a Marriott complex in Lake Buena Vista off of route 535 that has some decent hotels. Fairfield is the cheapest, but there is also a Courtyard and Springhill Suites. You can likely find dozens of cheaper hotels but we have found the Fairfield to be a good compromise. Not the cheapest (about $100-125) but we feel safe and it is clean. There is also a food court in the middle where you can grab some breakfast.

SurferStitch
06-04-2008, 09:33 PM
We did the same thing in May. We showed up in WDW the night before our official start of the trip (we were on a roll, and decided to get there early). We planned on staying somewhere about 1-2 hours north of WDW, but were just too excited. We got there in enough time to freshen up and head to Raglan Road for a late snack and some shopping at WoD.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in DTD, and it was very nice. With our AAA discount I think we only paid about $91 (incl. tax) for the room (this was a Saturday night). And, we only had a few miles to drive to check in at the Grand Flo the next morning!

I highly recommend it. Very clean, free breakfast (even though we waited until we got to the Flo to eat at the GF Cafe), and close to everything.

irish1967
06-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Don't forget to check out the value resorts for your first night - depending on what you are looking at off-site, the cost may be comparable!

WRWDisney
06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Won't be able to tell you about it until after we stay there next Friday, and I am sure it will not compare to the Marriott; but we are doing the same thing and staying at the Days Inn Eastgate. We are paying $40.72 (tax included).

Frankly, I am only looking for a bed for the night. We'll get in, check-in, go to DTD, come back and sleep. In the morning, we will get up, check-out and go to AKV.

I am sure I will hear about what a dive it is, but, it is still half of what a value will cost:thumbsup:

DDuck66
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
When we are making a quick trip or want to stay the night before, we usually go to the Sheraton Safari Suites. It is located directly across the road from the DTD entrance. Rooms usually run from $89 to $125 for suites. There is a Sizzlin and a Shoneys next door that both have a good breakfast buffet.

Mousemates
06-05-2008, 10:26 AM
DW recently stayed at the Gaylord Palms which she said was super, super nice. She was officially there on business but said she had no trouble getting to the parks for the evening when her conference sessions were over. She alsosaid she would recommend the place to someone who wanted to stay offsite.

I think you can get pretty good rates there (they offer lots of special discounts and I think they even advertise on Itercot). hope this is helpful.

MickeyMousse
06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
My SIL just came back and stayed in the DTD area. She had to split her stay between 2 hotels and enjoyed both. They stayed at the Best Western, just inside the WDW gates. There they had 2 queen size beds and a Pizza Hut.
Then they moved to Doubletree, which had 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. She didn't say much about the food there but they all enjoyed being within a decent walking distance to DTD.

Hope this info helps!

DisneyOtaku
06-05-2008, 10:54 AM
My family and I usually go up the day before because it's a 12 hr. drive for us as well. We've stayed at mulitple hotels outside the parks over the years, but when my friends I went this past Dec., we stayed at the Ramada Westgate (it was cheaper than the Ramda that was literally across the street from it, lol). It had nice rooms and a great indoor pool area. I do not remember about breakfast though as we left at 6:30 at the POP and grab our park tickets to go stand inline for the opening of AK (yes, we are insane...but we were the first ones in!)

IN any case, I highly recommend the Ramada Westgate. It was about 2 miles away from the WDW gate.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
We usually search the travel sites and fing really good deals. Try the .com travel sites because we have gotten some great deals before. We did the same thing you are doing two years ago and got a room at the Hilton DTD for $99. We walked across to DTD and ate and did a little shopping. We were staying at POFQ so it only took like 5 minutes to get inside the gate there.

Hayden's Dad
06-05-2008, 02:22 PM
We have stayed twice now at the Quality Inn Plaza 9000 International Dr. It is right down the road from DTD and just a few minutes from the World. We have gotten it as cheap as 44.95 for the one night, and it is a nice hotel, and we have always felt safe there. No frills although they do have a small fridge just your typical hotel room.

Stop in at the Florida welcome center and ask them to make a reservation for you wherever you decide to stay. They seem to be able to get pretty good deals.

big blue and hairy
06-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Don't forget one of our sponsors. The Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration. Book it through Intercot and you get a $79 room rate, plus John gets credit! The room rate will come up as $69, but there is a $10 resort fee, so the $79 quoted here is correct.

According to Googlemaps it's a full six minutes away from DHS!

:sulley:

elmjimmlm
06-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Don't forget one of our sponsors. The Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration. Book it through Intercot and you get a $79 room rate, plus John gets credit! The room rate will come up as $69, but there is a $10 resort fee, so the $79 quoted here is correct.

According to Googlemaps it's a full six minutes away from DHS!

:sulley:

That souds great...how do I book it thru Intercot?

buzznwoodysmom
06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
When we've arrived the night before official check in, which we do on every trip, we have stayed at the following resorts. Pop Centry, Shades of Green, or one of the DTD resorts. We just have to get into WDW when we arrive. The value resort prices are very comparable to staying offsite. If you are like me and would one day like to have stayed in every single WDW this is a good way to get those value resorts checked off the list! Have fun on your trip.