PDA

View Full Version : AsMu questions

wdwvacationeer
06-04-2008, 07:48 AM
I have made reservations for the second week of August to stay at the Asmu. I looked at photos of it on-line and it looked like it would be alot of fun for DD (age 8). The pools and theming looked like something she would like. We were hoping for ASMo - we stayed there a couple of years ago and liked it because it was extremely Disney- but it was booked for my week.

Here are my questions: How is it? I know it doesn't always get the best reviews- but really, how is it? Are there better sections than others? Are the entire Calypso buildings preferred (there was no preferred left when I made my reservations)? How about Jazz or Broadway? If anyone has any specific rooms or areas I could request, I would appreciate the info. Nice room, good location close to pools, food court, buses etc...What about the buses? How is the food court? I remember seeing a Music/Sports bus when we stayed at ASMo? Does it constantly share a bus?

We stayed at CBR last summer and loved it- but the pool is being refurbished this year; so, we are trying something else but I'm a little nervous about this resort. We spend very little time in the room so I'm hoping this is a good choice.

I'd appreciate any tips or info about this resort-thanks!

disneymom15
06-04-2008, 09:28 AM
You'll be fine. We've stayed at all 4 value resorts and are all very simular. You will have to share busses from time to time. If I remember right, the food court is a bit smaller than movies.
Have a great time, we'll be there Aug 13-17 staying at Pop.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
06-04-2008, 09:50 AM
All-Star Music is our favorite. Yes, the Calypso buildings are all preferred. We like to request the Jazz Buildings - just as close without the extra cost. Keep in mind though that the Jazz buildings are where the family suites are so I'm not sure how many regular rooms remain in those buildings. Broadway is a good choice too - I wouldn't be too concerned about the walk, it only takes a few minutes from the far end to the main building. The bus service has never been an issue with us. Overall it just seems a bit more relaxed than Movies. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

cal5755
06-04-2008, 11:39 AM
We love Music and Movies.... We have stayed at Music twice and find the pools fun. We are also the type of family that spend very limited time at the hotel. They do have fun poolside games with small prizes during the day etc. We have never had a problem with this resort and I am sure you will enjoy your stay there!

KAJUNKING
06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
we have stayed at value resorts quite a few times and have enjoyed them all, we are staying at por this year only because we are taking my neice so there will be 5 of us, if it wasnt for that i would be just as happy staying at asmu

Tigerinvestigator
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
We have stayed at ASMU twice including one night in their suite two weeks ago. We had a suite in Calypso and it was very nice with a short walk to the main bldg and pool. We actually prefer the Jazz area with its "quiet" (nothing is really quiet at a value, it should be called "the quieter of the two") pool and New Orleans decor. We only stayed one night in May and then moved to AKL, but a couple of things stuck out. I have never seen so many unchaperoned kids in my life. It was very busy and hectic which could be fun if you are not wanting to relax. It was very loud (but not any more than the other value resorts)and didn't get quiet until sometime after midnight. We like the value resorts, but feel like we need a vacation after staying there!:thumbsup:

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-04-2008, 09:07 PM
We stayed at AS Music in Sept 2003 for our Honeymoon. We loved it! We tried the POP last year, and that was great too. The only reason why we are going back to the POP this year is my oldest DD (3) LOVES the Lady and the Tramp statues, and requested going back.

If we couldnt get in, I would have been happy to go back to ASMu:thumbsup:

cajunmickey
06-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Music is my families favorite. We just got back last week from a stay in the family suites. I really love the jazz building(stayed there 3times rock n roll once). I was very surprised about all the fun games going on aroung the pool in the afternoon and evening. Every evening there was a movie by the pool. There is a board in the walkway that tells you what will be going on during the day, so you can decide.
The only trouble we had with the busses was on an extra magic evening at Hollywood Studios. It seemed everyone was trying to leave and music and sports had to share a bus. Movies had there own.That was the only trouble we had during our week with the busses.Have a good time and enjoy, remember it is Disney!

mainemajor
06-06-2008, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=cajunmickey;1651125]Music is my families favorite. We just got back last week from a stay in the family suites. I really love the jazz building(stayed there 3times rock n roll once). I was very surprised about all the fun games going on aroung the pool in the afternoon and evening. Every evening there was a movie by the pool. There is a board in the walkway that tells you what will be going on during the day, so you can decide.

THis made our stay last year quite enjoyable. We don't have kids anymore, but it was so much fun seeing all that went on in the afternoon and evening. With all the activities going on near the food court pool the other pool was deserted every night so we could have a quiet swim, too

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-06-2008, 09:44 PM
We stayed at ASMu last year and the resort itself was very nice. The room itself was fine. And I didn't think it was that noisy. The food court was OK too. It seemed to take a long time to get to the parks though.

Kisobel
06-07-2008, 03:38 AM
thanks for the feed back, ASMus is one of our choices for our jan trip.

kate:mickey:

Brainiak5
06-07-2008, 03:46 PM
We stayed at AS Music in Sept 2003 for our Honeymoon. We loved it! We tried the POP last year, and that was great too. The only reason why we are going back to the POP this year is my oldest DD (3) LOVES the Lady and the Tramp statues, and requested going back.

If we couldnt get in, I would have been happy to go back to ASMu:thumbsup:

Ditto for ASMu- we like all the values as the kids get a kick out of the decor. I think as they age we might move to a more "subdued" resort. Its funny about Tramp- my DS, also 3 LOVES Tramp at POP. And thats one of the reasons we're staying there instead of the other values.:mickey:

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-07-2008, 09:35 PM
We stayed in a ground floor, standard room in the Jazz building at ASMu last January & it was fantastic. Loved how new it looks after the refurbishment & I thought the best new part was the curtain between the sink and sleeping area. That was a big plus for us as I could get dressed while DH slept. We were in a wing close to the parking lot but actually closer than we had expected to the food court, pool & buses. We didn't have to share a bus except 1x and that was to AK. This is now our favorite value resort - won't go back to POP - had the most unmagical stay there last September so it's crossed off our list!! :mickey:

wdwvacationeer
06-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the good news about ASMu- I think I am going to request the Jazz buildings as a first choice and maybe Broadway as a second. Jazz especially looks like a really good location. Thanks again.