PDA

View Full Version : FW Cabins. Yea or Nay?

Rickeymouse
06-03-2008, 11:51 PM
just booked 7 nights at FW in a cabin, three adults. are they cool? nice? fun? we have stayed at most places on property and wanted to try something differnt. also, how necessary is a golf cart? thanks for any info.
richard

Sneaky Pete
06-04-2008, 12:04 AM
We stayed there last year and liked it. We had 6 people so the Cabins were probably our best option. Also, I like being able to catch the boats to and from MK so that was nice also.

Because of the size of our crew, we didn't get a cart. For only 3 people, I might get the cart because driving your car to various spots within the campgrounds is not much of an option.

Tuke
06-04-2008, 06:19 AM
We've stayed at the cabins, and had a lot of fun. The only downside,is that in spite of all the room you have for people to sleep, there's only ONE bathroom! Getting three adults and a couple of kids ready in time for Extra Magic Hours every morning was a big challenge.

Enjoy!

:thumbsup:

busterthebronco
06-04-2008, 07:43 AM
double yea

Kairi_7378
06-04-2008, 08:02 AM
The cabins are my husband's boss' favorite resort on property. (And he's stayed in the Values, Mods, and Deluxes.)

Dopey's Girl
06-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Big Yea!!! I loved the cabins. It was great having a full kitchen, even if we didn't eat many meals there, it was great to have snacks, and to be able to have water that didn't cost us an arm and a leg! The bedroom was a nice size, and the murphy bed was really comfy! The one bathroom thing is kind of a drag, but it was ok. The best part was that we could have the tv on and be pretty noisey if we wanted and we didn't have to worry about bothering people!

If I was going to be there for a week, and was going to be using some of the amenities at the resort, I would get the cart. You can walk, or take the bus, but that was kind of a hassle!

Rickeymouse
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
thanks for the help!
Richard

SFTrny
06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
The cabins are the best! We are going back for our third trip this year. The first two times we stayed at the cabins, so this time I offered up the option of staying at any other resort on the property...and the family unanimously voted for the cabins! Hooray!

And yes...you will want a golf cart.

bruin1344
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
i enjoyed the cabins when i went as a kid, i doubt you need a golf cart

TheRustyScupper
06-04-2008, 01:39 PM
1) I think you will like the cabins.
2) But, also take advantage of the campground.
3) Not only is FW a good resort, there are lots of activities.
4) The campground is truly an RV/Camping environment.
5) That includes all the activities and surroundings.
. . . relaxed atmosphere (vs fast pace at other resorts)
. . . boating
. . . volleyball
. . . canoing (when water is high enough)
. . . horse riding
. . . hiking
. . . marina
. . . pool and playground area
. . . free evening campfire/singalong/movie
. . . beach (no swimming in the lake)
. . . nicely priced restaurant
. . . decently priced food/supplies at the general stores
. . . FRIENDLY RV & CAMPING PEOPLE

Kenny1113
06-04-2008, 07:31 PM
The cabins are great! Love the kitchen! What I love even more is FW itself, there is so much to do there!

IN regards to the golfcart...if you have the extra money to spare go for it...it is not a nessecity. Before I went I was concerned about the same thing and I too consulted this site. I opted out of the golf carts. It worked out fine. Within each loop of the cabins a bus stop is nearby and come quite often.

Have fun :thumbsup:

SFTrny
06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
OK...so in honesty, you won't "need" a golf cart. But I have to tell you that my family LOVES them. It's like another park ride whenever we set out on one...and it is there at our doorstep. If you want to get around and expereince FW, I highly recommend the golf cart. But...it isn't really a necessity, especially if you are also renting a car.