PDA

View Full Version : Low budget/Last Minure trip report-day 4

EvilQueen2006
06-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Day 4 (June 1)- Today is Animal Kingdom. We got up early and made it to the park before opening. As soon as it opened we joined to swarm of people headed to Expedition Everest. I finally convinced Lauren to go with me after 3 trips to the World. She did it and she loved it. I’m so proud of her! We rode twice before the line got long then got a FP and headed to Dinosaur. We rode that then headed back to EE and rode again with our FP. It was already staring to get really hot. We got FP’s for Kali River rapids, got a pretzel to share and watched the Flights of Wonder show. This is one of our favorite shows at AK. I really like all the birds. They are so cool and amazing! After the show we walked the jungle trek while we waited for out Kali FP time. We rode the Rapids then went to Africa. We got FP’s for The Safari the went over to Conservation Station. We hadn’t visited this area in several trips to the world so we thought we should go visit the goats again. After a little while we boarded the train back to Africa and used our FP’s for the Safari. At this time it was really hot and I didn’t feel great. I drank almost a whole bottle of water thinking I was just dehydrated, but even after that I still felt really bad. We went on Safari, and had some lunch at Pizzafari. We shared a hot Italian style sandwich and a pepperoni pizza. I thought the pizza here was not as good as the pizza at Pizza Planet at DHS. I still felt ill, but we went to the 2:00 showing of Festival of the Lion King. I wanted to leave and go back to the hotel after that, but I wanted to get a carved animal for my sister. I looked in all the stores on Discovery Island and couldn’t find any. I had to go back to Africa to finally find it. We left the park and went back to the hotel to rest for a little while. After resting, we hit the Disney Outlet Store and some other shops before heading back to the parks. At about 7pm the weather was a little cooler so we ventured back out to Epcot. We played around in the World Showcase shopping, eating and drinking until Illuminations. We found a viewing spot between Norway and Mexico. We got some food from Mexico and some Viking coffees from Norway and watched the show. I got a school bread to go and we ate it back at the hotel that evening before crawling into bed.

Up next- departure day. 3 parks!

KineGirl
06-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Im glad you were feeling better by the evening! Hooray for Lauren riding EE! (shes braver than me)

gauvin4
06-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Sorry to hear you weren't feelieng well for part of the day. Flights of Wonder is one my husbands favorite shows. He loves seeing the bald eagle. Thanks for sharing!

ChipnDaleGal
06-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Wonderful news that Lauren can now happily share the wonder of Everest with you! We just adore the Flights of Wonder show too. One of my favorites property wide. Sorry that you weren't feeling well, but it sounds like a rest in the cool room did the trick. Thanks for sharing another fun day. :mickey:

wdwgrl377
06-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Good to hear that Lauren like EE too! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks for sharing, I am glad that you felt better after resting!

KylesMom
06-04-2008, 12:49 PM
RnRC AND E:E for Lauren??? This is wonderful!

You know, we've never seen Flights of Wonder before - maybe we need to check it out our next trip!

It gets so hot at A/K, it always seems to zap us by mid-afternoon where one of us isn't feeling well. Glad you felt better later on and that you were able to catch Illuminations. Looking forward to your next post - 3 parks, huh?! :mickey:

princessgirls
06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks for sharing. You were a trooper and still did quite a few things even though you weren't feeling the greatest.

Julie:mickey:

MauiMouse
06-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Too bad that you weren't feeling well. Glad that a little rest did the trick. :mickey:

faline
06-04-2008, 05:26 PM
You must have really needed that afternoon rest! Glad you wee able to rally and enjoy your evening!

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Glad you felt better quickly. We've never managed a FoW show, maybe next time. Lauren got brave this trip!! Good for her. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for sharing your report...

Young@Heart
06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Glad you could talk your friend into EE! :mickey: That's one of our favorites!
Sorry you didn't feel good, but it sounds like you pushed through it and enjoyed your day.
Off to read more!