PDA

View Full Version : Family at the Poly: AK and Jiko

thejens
06-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Thursday, May 29, 2008 Animal Kingdom, the Poly, and Jiko
I think I am getting older, because these early mornings are getting harder. We make it by about 9:30 a.m. and head to Dinoland. The little kids do Triceratops while I get fast passes for Kali. Ben and I do Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. We love our lunch at Tusker House. The Table service version is even better than the counter service. A nice, interesting variety, fresh flavors and interesting combinations, but with plenty for unadventurous types. The bread pudding was really good. We do It’s tough to be a Bug. Zac is only a little scared. My mom did not get the full benefit in her handicapped section. FYI: If you are in a wheelchair or scooter and can transfer, do so for the shows. We watched Nemo, one of my favorite shows. Is it headed to Broadway? We finally did Kali for our first time. Last year it was down. We loved it!! We did it twice and my mom and niece both got the soaking spot on both rides. It was great, a new favorite for us all, but especially loved by the little ones. We headed back to the Poly for more rest and pool time. Unfortunately we waited and hour for the bus and did not have enough relaxation time. The kids were clearly exhausted and we wondered how much they would enjoy Jiko. Thank goodness the Simba club had openings. Ben turned his nose up at first, but quickly settled into video games.

Our dinner at Jiko was another gourmet treat. I ordered a taste of Africa appetizer and my Mom ordered a Kalamata flatbread pizza. We really enjoyed sharing this with a glass of wine. Frankly, at this point that was all we needed. We are all beginning to have “deluxe dining fatigue.“I had the braised rib which was wonderful. We tasted the desserts but not much more than a bit.

Of course none of the children wanted to leave the Simba Club.

Bethanymouse
06-04-2008, 07:20 AM
We have never tried Jiko, but I am glad that you enjoyed it. Gotta love Kali Rapids, its a fun one! We always manage to get soaked, no matter what! Happy to hear about another gread day. Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-04-2008, 07:27 AM
I'd love to hear more about Jiko! We'll be trying it for the very first time on our upcoming. Thanks for sharing!

ChipnDaleGal
06-04-2008, 07:31 AM
That tuckered out feeling has to mean that you are all having a great time. Sounds like a fun day at the Animal Kingdom and a really nice and relaxing meal at the end of the day for you and your mom. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry about the long bus wait, that is no fun with a group of kids! Thanks for sharing your Jiko experience:mickey:

princessgirls
06-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Jiko sounds fabulous, so does The Simba Club for that matter.

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

faline
06-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Except for that long wait for the bus, it was a really fun day! Thinking about Jiko is making me hungry!

thejens
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I can't recommend Jiko highly enough. A new must do for me! I think it would satisfy a more traditional palate as well as the more adventurous (like mine!) I do recommend using the Simba Club if you have any cubs!

Bethis26fan
06-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a great day.

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
06-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the report!!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 06:51 PM
We love KRR, we did it three times in a row during EMH a couple weeks ago. We got soaked!! It was a blast! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your report...