PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 Family at the Poly: Magic Kingdom

thejens
06-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 Magic Kingdom, Relax at the Poly, and California Grill

My troops are dragging this morning so we do not make it to the opening ceremony. We get there around 9:30 a.m. and can’t escape the carousel (no wait) after Zac sees it and then get Dumbo out of the way. I fast pass Peter Pan before heading to Crystal Palace for a character breakfast. We enjoy Pooh and Piglet and Tigger and Eeyore. There is nice interaction. Zac saw Piglet and said “I thought Piglet was small!” The food is good here too. After breakfast we walk into Mickey’s Philharmagic. I just love this! Then Peter Pan and then IASW. Both are very beautiful I think. Lindsey is already hankering to get back to the pool. We do Haunted House and Pirates of the Caribbean. I fast pass Thunder Mountain, but just as we are about to get on it breaks down! Bummer! So the kids hop on the train to head back to Main Street while my Mom in her scooter and I have to walk/roll. This is one ride that does not accommodate the scooter. We are compelled to get a Dole Whip float (Mom got a root beer float) as we pass through. The kids share mine with me when we catch up. I doze off in the room, only half listening to the clamor of the boys. I finally give up and head to the pool . The rest is too short. It is time for the kids to go to the Neverland Club and for us to go to the California Grill. My kids don’t want to go to the pool and don’t want to go to the kid’s club. Lindsey has the whiny “you’re so mean to me” fit than only 7 year old girls can have. We are all very happy to drop them off.

The kids, the fire torch ceremony, two monorail stops awaiting clearance, various rides on various elevators all take longer than the 7 minutes travel time I had allotted. We are very grateful they accept us pleasantly despite our tardiness. The atmosphere is so calm and adult and relaxing we are immediately transported. At first we relish the slow service, but by the end of the night get a bit antsy. We begin with wine and the cheese tasting course. It seemed to be exactly the same as the one at Flying Fish, which was a little disappointing, but still good. The grilled fois gras was to die for. My Mom and I dream about this appetizer all year long. I actually thought perhaps I had built it up in my mind too much and would be disappointed. No. It is amazing. I had a delicious fish (something I had never heard of ) which was accompanied by the sweetest and crispiest corn. Marvelous. We shared various desserts, but really I didn’t need anything after the fois gras. We have two Jennifers in our party and our waitress was named Jenny. We raved about the food so much the chef came out to see us. His name was Jens. We complimented him highly. He talked about getting the sweetest, freshest corn. We joked with our waitress about all the “Jens” and she sent over another sous chef named Jenny also. Our waitress was very nice and helpful. Service seemed slow, but she appeared to be hustling at every moment and was very kind.

It was inevitable. We had to collect the children. Of course they didn’t want to leave. I am glad they had fun, but was surprised to see Ben watching a PG movie. I also had the sense it was once a wonderful and inspired place, but it appeared to be cluttered and not as well maintained. The seemed to have a high staff to child ratio, but I didn’t see any structured activity going on. I am comparing it to the kid’s clubs on the cruise which seemed more polished. Nonetheless, the kids were happy. As we walked back to Tokelau from the Neverland Club it was nearly 10:00 pm. So we watched Wishes from the beach. What a wonderful way to end a wonderful day.

KineGirl
06-03-2008, 11:58 PM
ahhh Wishes from the beach after dinner at Cali Grill :cloud9: (I love the foi gras too)

Kids are so fickle

Sounds like your going to need a vacation from your vacation ;)

Also glad to read (or rather not read) that your Mom has gotten the scooter under control!

ChipnDaleGal
06-04-2008, 10:40 AM
A nice relaxing day for your gang with some wonderful dining. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

SBETigg
06-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a perfect day, minus the tantrums and tardiness. :) Love ending the day with Wishes on the beach. Ahhh.

tinkerbell04
06-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like your day ended just perfectly. :mickey:

princessgirls
06-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Sounds fabulous!

It is my wish to dine on a lovely meal at the California Grill for to celebrate my 40 years of life in 2009!

I'm hoping!

Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

faline
06-04-2008, 04:34 PM
A day at the Magic Kingdom followed by a lovely dinner at California Grill! That's my idea of a perfect Disney day!

thejens
06-04-2008, 06:01 PM
It was a perfect day. Julie, you must do it!!!

Bethis26fan
06-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Sounds like another nice day.

mouseketeer mom
06-05-2008, 06:23 AM
What a day! You pack alot into your days! A good mix of kid and adult fun! MK and Cali Grill, lucky you!

pdrlkr
06-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
06-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Great reporting!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Another fun day.....I love Cali Grill and Wishes too! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for sharing your report...